The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I see Horvat being second line centre one day.

Perhaps not a 1st line centre, because offensively, just not as gifted. But he's a well-rounded player. Not an offensive dynamite.

McCann, we shall see where he ends up. Too early to tell at this point.

Wait wait wait wait.

So you don't see Bo as anything better than a 3C, and you STILL don't want him to ever play on the 4th line? Are you intentionally being contrary to everyone else?

Never be better than 3C. Too good to start his rookie season on the 4th.

Got it.

:picard::lol:

• Upvote 4

Guest Dasein

I see Horvat being second line centre one day.

Perhaps not a 1st line centre, because offensively, just not as gifted. But he's a well-rounded player. Not an offensive dynamite.

McCann, we shall see where he ends up. Too early to tell at this point.

Yup. McCann has the potential to break out offensively and be on that potential 1st line center path this year. If not, he'll be around Bo's calibre - slightly better or slightly worse or the same.

Yup. McCann has the potential to break out offensively and be on that potential 1st line center path this year. If not, he'll be around Bo's calibre - slightly better or slightly worse or the same.

Ok, it's a little funny, but people are talking about Jensen and Kassian in the McCann Talk thread, while we're now talking about McCann in the Horvat Talk thread.

^_^

• Upvote 1

Bo Horvat

Linden Vey

Jared McCann

Brendan Gaunce

Cole Cassels

Dane Fox

Now that is some great center depth. Chances are, one of them will overachieve and become a first liner. (One will also probably underachieve as well) Our center depth looks pretty good for the future. And this doesn't include the guys who are already here. (Bonino, Mathias, Richardson, and Henrik.) You build from the center out and I think we've done a pretty good job at that

• Haha 1

Bo Horvat

Linden Vey

Jared McCann

Brendan Gaunce

Cole Cassels

Dane Fox

Now that is some great center depth. Chances are, one of them will overachieve and become a first liner. (One will also probably underachieve as well) Our center depth looks pretty good for the future. And this doesn't include the guys who are already here. (Bonino, Mathias, Richardson, and Henrik.) You build from the center out and I think we've done a pretty good job at that

wow. that is pretty good depth!

henrik is not going to be on the first line forever. i think if he doesn't bounce back this year, then he's already on the decline.

which means, he'll still have a spot until this current contract runs out, which gives one of our prospects an opportunity to step up. one (if not a few of them) will have to play wing.

Bo Horvat

Linden Vey

Jared McCann

Brendan Gaunce

Cole Cassels

Dane Fox

Fox is a center?

Wait wait wait wait.

So you don't see Bo as anything better than a 3C, and you STILL don't want him to ever play on the 4th line? Are you intentionally being contrary to everyone else?

Yeah, I see Horvat as a good 3C. I think playing Horvat on the 4th line doesn't do anything to anything for his development. He could obviously be more but I don't know why you think both of those things relate, his offensive game is nowhere near where a top 6 player's offence is so a 4th line just stunts his development.

Apparently it's good to play a player without a good offensive game on the 4th line for his development according to some here who think they know what to do with a prospect like Horvat.

i think he just wants to call him a bust.

No, I've never been on Horvat's tail but I just don't see a good offensive game from Horvat.

I wasn't mad that we picked Horvat, I was mad that we picked a defensive player instead of an offensive player because you can teach defence. You can teach high-end skill like Mantha, Shinkaruk (picked him up at 24 'cause we were lucky), Burakovsky.

Wait wait wait wait.

Never be better than 3C. Too good to start his rookie season on the 4th.

Got it.

:picard::lol:

Perhaps in his "understanding of player development", players will be set onto the line they are projected to play from Day 1 and will remain there for their entire career.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps in his "understanding of player development", players will be set onto the line they are projected to play from Day 1 and will remain there for their entire career.

No you're misunderstanding. I think he'll top out as a 3rd line centre but anything can happen, he can be a 1st liner or a ECHLer. Playing him on a spot like that at 19 is going to great for him, it would be very good for him to able to jump on the 3rd line at 19 and work his way up eventually in his career or he could be just that, a 3rd line centre. I think if he's able to play on the 3rd line this year he'll be able to become more than just a 3rd liner. Look at a guy like Couturier, he played on the 3rd line and he's still there, he's still developing and could be a 2nd liner but for 3 seasons now he's still a 3rd liner.

Playing him good minutes is how he'll succeed, you have to push a prospect if you want them to succeed. It's simple, Matthias left Florida because he was given minutes, like some of you think he'll beat out Hansen, Burrows, Vey, Richardson, Higgins for PK minutes even though those players have done that their whole career. You gotta let the kid know that he's going to have to earn every single spot, obviously he'll have to do that to even crack the roster but on the PK he's going to have to beat out everyone else.

You aren't winning anyone over, Plum.

I don't care. The point is I'm not saying he can't be more than a 3rd liner because that's what I think he is going to be. It's an opinion.

It's a matter of understanding, and some of you have trouble with that.

Edited by Plum

I don't care. The point is I'm not saying he can't be more than a 3rd liner because that's what I think he is going to be. It's an opinion.

It's a matter of understanding, and some of you have trouble with that.

IMO you're out to lunch. Have been for about a month now. Edited by Gooseberries