The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

i thought bo had one of his best offensive games tonight, was very involved, cycled well had a few good chances off the rush. Then you add in his backcheck and positioning and the kid is starting to look very comfortable at this level.

• Upvote 1

I agree, he's playing really well. He's getting involved physically by hitting, using his body and going to the net. He's a puck hounder, always wanting to attack to get the puck back instead of sitting back, he's fitting in really well. Hansen and Dorsett are finding him open alot of the time and he could have had 2-3 more goals if he just scored which tells me he's a pretty smart hockey player that knows how to get open.

Reminds me alot of Bergeron but Bergeron is quicker.

Everyone played really well yesterday except Miller. That was a game we should have won but Bernier definitely stole one for the Leafs. Sedins and the 3rd line, particularly Vey, (until Matthias's injury) dominated all night. Bo was pretty reliable, as usual. The 2nd line looks really off. They've gone cold.

Bo is on pace for a higher amount of points than local boy, Curtis Lazar!

Both two-way centers from the 2013 draft. Would be pretty cool to somehow bring Lazar home and have him and Bo be a shutdown tandem. I think Lazar's speed and shooting ability would compliment Bo's puck possession and passing game nicely. Quite a nice blend in my opinion.

As much as I want him to represent Canada at the WJC, he's better suited here. I wasn't convinced 2 weeks ago but he really looks like he's getting comfortable. Being thrown into that pressure cooker of a tournament and being relied on that heavily won't help him in the short term in my opinion; especially when he returns to Vancouver.

The positive of him going to the tournament would be the experience to play in a high pressure situation being Canadian and the tournament being played in Toronto and Montreal. Then again he has played in 2 memorial cups.

I'm almost to the point where I'm indifferent as to what JB/TL have in store for the guy.

Thought he played decent. Just hope the kid starts to get a bit more selfish and shoot more. In the 3rd period he lead a 3 on 2 which he decided to pass it instead and Dorsett missed the pass. He has a under-rated shot, hope he starts shooting more.

I thought it was his worst game so far - lost every faceoff in the defensive zone and the shift leading to the untimely penalty was pretty rough. Even still he hasn't really had a really bad game yet. For example, tonight was just an okay night but it wasn't terrible, and it was definitely his worst so far.

Maybe he was tired after playing more minutes than usual in TO last night on the first of back-to-backs. It is his first major road trip and he is still a teenager after all.

The "4th line" IMO needs more ice-time, you could see in the 3rd period they were the only line that played a good amount of time in the offensive zone. The cycling game is strong and they win alot of puck battles,

Very apparent that Dorsett is the key to the 4th line. I scratched my head when Benning got him but without doubt he is key to the team's success this year. Incrediably consistent game.

Great experience for Horvat to play with Dorsett and Hansen.

Edited by Boudrias

Very apparent that Dorsett is the key to the 4th line. I scratched my head when Benning got him but without doubt he is key to the team's success this year. Incrediably consistent game.

Great experience for Horvat to play with Dorsett and Hansen.

Completely agree, he complements Horvat a great deal but I still think a 3rd round pick for Dorsett is a pretty steep price to pay.

Completely agree, he complements Horvat a great deal but I still think a 3rd round pick for Dorsett is a pretty steep price to pay.

A 3rd round pick seems like a steep price to pay for a 4th liner, but only because we have been trying to assemble a 4th line with spare parts and bargain bin players for years. And guess what? It didn't work. Our 4th lines were a perennial weakness. (It's almost as though you get what you pay for...crazy thought, huh?)

Dorsett is the best prototypical 4th line player we've had on this team in ages. He's been worth more than a 3rd so far. If they can retain him going forward, then it was an absolute steal for us.

• Upvote 1