The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

The guy is on our team now, no need to be in the minors. He takes contact well along the wall too.

We have been lacking an offensive D man since Ehrhoff left.

He's 22, 6'3" 200 lbs, smart with the puck, and sees the game extremely well.

He's an offensive Chris Tanev.

Benning has said more than once if any young players come in and deserve to play, he'll make room. Time to make good on that Jim.

This kid is already leaps and bounds better than Sbisa. Very impressed.

ps. add to that, Gaunce and McCann. Gaunce definitely looks ready. He's a great 2 way guy, and McCann? He's a big upgrade on Vey. Like I said, Jim... whatcha gonna do?

Sedins/Burrows

Gaunce/Horvat/Vrbata

Kennins/Sutter/Hansen

Prust/McCann/Dorsett

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Hutton

Corrado/Bartkowski/Weber

Get rid of Sbisa. Not sure what the appeal is there. At all.

And I hope Markstrom is ready, because Miller sucks.

ok so cue the "glad you're not GM" comments....

Plenty of other teams are giving their young talent the reigns and having success with it. Our turn. I don't care if a kids frickin 12 years old, if he outplays Burrows or Sbisa or Miller, bye bye!

:D

Edited by darkpoet

Benning has said more than once if any young players come in and deserve to play, he'll make room. Time to make good on that Jim.

ps. add to that, Gaunce and McCann. Gaunce definitely looks ready. He's a great 2 way guy, and McCann? He's a big upgrade on Vey. Like I said, Jim... whatcha gonna do?

Sedins/Burrows

Gaunce/Horvat/Vrbata

Kennins/Sutter/Hansen

Prust/McCann/Dorsett

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Hutton

Corrado/Bartkowski/Weber

Plenty of other teams are giving their young talent the reigns and having success with it. Our turn. I don't care if a kids frickin 12 years old, if he outplays Burrows or Sbisa or Miller, bye bye!

Probably nothing because he's never going to read this post.

Easily first call up, but should probably get a couple regular season games in order to see where he's at. If one of our D men go down that is.

Gaunce and McCann could also be on this team. I think they might try to play someone to increase their value and then move them to make room for someone. JB said he would, and based on games thus far, he probably should.

Vrby got a point, only Vet to do so so far I think lol.

Sedins/Burrows

Gaunce/Horvat/Vrbata

Kennins/Sutter/Hansen

Prust/McCann/Dorsett

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Hutton

Corrado/Bartkowski/Weber

I disagree about Sbisa, but tgats anotger convo. I agree Hutton has seized his opportunity, however, Utica is the best place for him. He's coming from a league that plays fewer games than most beer leagues......he looks good now, but has no experience with preparing and playing every single day. The place to learn that is not in the NHL. If he goes to Utica, continues to play well and shows he has adjusted to the grind, we'll likely see JB make a move to get him back up with the big club.

• Upvote 1