The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hank and Danny's next Contract

kingofsurrey

Signed for 2 more seasons at  7 Mil per year.  

They will be 38 yrs old for the start of  their next contract.

What do you think the next contract  Hank and Danny sign for  ?  Years ?  Dollars ?  NTC ? 

Just curious what kind of dollar / term  you think they both will be signing for.  

If this is in the wrong section. I apologize, and i can move it.

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Signed for 2 more seasons at  7 Mil per year.  

They will be 38 yrs old for the start of  their next contract.

What do you think the next contract  Hank and Danny sign for  ?  Years ?  Dollars ?  NTC ? 

Just curious what kind of dollar / term  you think they both will be signing for.  

If this is in the wrong section. I apologize, and i can move it.

What's the max salary in the SEL?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's the max salary in the SEL?  

I think i read somewhere players can make over 400,000 per year in the SEL     

Not quite the 5-7 mil they can make in Vancity.....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I just want to bottom out for a while so we can rebuild the core's needed elite talent.  With the Twins here (even at 40) that's not going to happen.  They are too good.

I read Finland and Sweden pay about the same...

This is from a few years ago in Finland...

According to a report published by the Finnish sports magazine “VEIKKAAJA” at the beginning of this 2012/13 ice hockey campaign, the list of the highest paid players in the entire SM-LIIGA this season would comprise of the following :

330,000 Euro – $ 438,040 … 28 – c, Corey LOCKE (Can), TPS Turku
300,000 Euro – $ 398,220 … 27 – c, Stephen DIXON (Can), Assat Pori
280,000 Euro – $ 371,670 … 37 – c, Eric PERRIN (Can), JYP Jyvaskyla
280,000 Euro – $ 371,670 … 39 – lw, Ville PELTONEN, IFK Helsinki
280,000 Euro – $ 371,670 … 32 – d, Ossi VAANANEN, Jokerit Helsinki
270,000 Euro – $ 358,400 … 31 – c, Ilari FILPPULA, Jokerit Helsinki
260,000 Euro – $ 345,125 … 31 – g, Johan BACKLUND (Swe), Karpat Oulu
250,000 Euro – $ 331,850 … 32 – c, Riku HAHL, Jokerit Helsinki
250,000 Euro – $ 331,850 … 37 – lw, Jarkko RUUTU, Jokerit Helsinki
240,000 Euro – $ 318,575 … 35 – g, Petri VEHANEN, Lukko Rauma

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think they've already stated that they want to end their careers in Sweden. Think we should just part ways after the 2 years, would be better for the Sedins to have gas left in the tank to star in Sweden and we will need to start moving forward

I seem to remember reading that they were in talks with Tom Brady of all people about longevity, and that they were looking to keep playing until age 40. With that in mind, I'm thinking two years, and hopefully a hometown discount of 4-5M per. I think they physically can handle a couple more years, if not more- especially on a second line. I'm more worried about whether or not we'll have a team that can see them through retirement the right way (i.e. a non-Sedin first line).

1 minute ago, MayRayDown said:

I think they've already stated that they want to end their careers in Sweden. Think we should just part ways after the 2 years, would be better for the Sedins to have gas left in the tank to star in Sweden and we will need to start moving forward

Timing is kind of wrong for both Canucks and the Sedins.

In  a perfect world we would have a large group  of   highly skilled 22-24 yr olds right now .  2 years from now when the Sedins contract is up, they would move down to the 2nd line  and we would push for the cup.  

The problem is our young guys will most likely not be ready to be first line NHL players 2 years from now.

20 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

If our team starts to win again, they will sign a one year sweeheart deal for 5 mill per....and keep going on these one year deals until 41. 

If we still are in the rebuild, they go back to Sweden and finish out their pro careers in their hometown. 

I can totally see this happening especially if the Canucks starts to win again and play until they are 40 with those one year deals. On the flip side I can see them finishing their pro careers elsewhere if we are still in the rebuild.

Sedins were talking this season about how after they retire they may stay in Vancouver cuz this is home now for their families.

They also said when asked if they'd play ad long as Jagr "no. probably not. all the travelling is getting harder to do."

So if they sign another deal, my guess is its a one or two year deal IF they feel like the team is in a cup window. And if so, they'd probably sign for cheap cuz that's the type of people they are and it'd be their last shot at a cup

Won't be the tiniest bit surprised to see them join the Canucks staff though. 

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

I just want to bottom out for a while so we can rebuild the core's needed elite talent.  With the Twins here (even at 40) that's not going to happen.  They are too good.

You know what...really...they aren't too good for tanking.  They will be even better for tanking in the future than they were last year.  If you are a tanker, you want them signed for as long as you want to continue to tank.  I want them gone now.

Going forward, they might have a little pep for a month or two,  then they will be either injured or tired. It is too obvious.

Archived