The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hank and Danny's next Contract

kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, Fanaholic said:

I don't know if they will be resigned or will even want to resign.  Their time was 2011 and a Chance for a Cup won't be here in Vancouver. 

If your kids were born here and all their friends are here, you have only played here and have many friends in the city, plus you have all the money you ever need (and have generously given much away to local charities)......what would you do?

I'm going to GUESS that the Sedins will sign a 2 year deal, with AAV of $3.0M, but loaded with bonus clauses that will give them the opportunity to make up to $8.0M per year (based on games played, points produced, etc.).  And I'm also going to guess that they will be given an NMC clause.

10 hours ago, clam linguine said:

The strategy of filling in empty age brackets is a strategy to maintain mediocrity.

Not even remotely.  It's to avoid the Oiler flu.  

I don't get the desire of some posters here to go down a road that has been proven, more often than not, that it leads to abject and extended failure.

please trade them and save this team years off a obvious rebuild. I keep asking the question who is going to fill the 1st line duties after these guys retire?

we will be in a deep hole, skill wise its best to sit them down,talk to them, and ask them if they want a chance at lord Stanley. The offer we will get for the Sedins' will be massive and will save this team years off a rebuild. 

1 hour ago, clam linguine said:

That Oiler flu gave them 5 cups.... Boys on the Bus.  It could have and should have been more.

He's talking about the most recent 10 years, not 30 years ago.

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

please trade them and save this team years off a obvious rebuild. I keep asking the question who is going to fill the 1st line duties after these guys retire?

we will be in a deep hole, skill wise its best to sit them down,talk to them, and ask them if they want a chance at lord Stanley. The offer we will get for the Sedins' will be massive and will save this team years off a rebuild. 

Haha, massive. Why do you bother. They are not going anywhere. These guys are different. Their legacy won't be cups (maybe), it will be professionalism, production and perseverance. Go away. 

9 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Because they have NMC's they automatically have to be protected.

It looks like teams will be permitted to ask a player to waive their NMC for the draft. That does not mean they have to. Why would anyone want just one twin?

53 minutes ago, appleboy said:

It looks like teams will be permitted to ask a player to waive their NMC for the draft. That does not mean they have to. Why would anyone want just one twin?

I agree, but also.....Why would they want to take a player who does not wish to play there?  Vegas would be way way better off drafting players that want to play for them.  Not superstars in the twilight of a long career who don't want to be there.  Vegas will sell out the first couple years anyways, so don't need star power.....even if a Sedin would even make a difference to attendance.

But yeah, if they decide they wish to extend their NHL career it will be here with NMC contracts.  But it's impossible to talk about length or money this far off.

7 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

I agree.   On a team that could win, they don't have to be first liners too.  I am sure they would love to win the Cup, and I am sure they would love to win it here in Vancouver, but that won't happen so let them get one somewhere if they can.

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

I say 1 or 2 years at 5-5.5 mill with a NMC and a NTC. 

Pretty much what Iggy got 

Why the hell would they sign for 3 mill. 

Iggy got 15 mil .  Term will be very important to the TWINs  as  production can drop off quickly for aging players.

TWINS will definately want  probably 3 yrs deal.   They would be foolish to sign anything shorter.....

Archived