The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers sign Yandle

Great signing for the Panthers. Thought it would either be the Stars or them that would land him.

Puts that much more pressure on the Oilers to trade away one or more significant assets to land a defenseman.

Just now, mpt said:

Good think we took Gudbranson off their list, gave them 2 good prospects and increased their cap so that they could get Yandle.  Good play...

Losing Gudbranson forced them down this path of rampant over payment. Panthers lost Mitchell, Gudbranson, and Campbell, otherwise known as their 3 leading minute men, and replaced them with Yandle. I wouldn't say we did them any favors. 

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

7 years. Age 30 through 36.

Money aside, it will be interesting to see how people value the combo of this signing and the trade of Gudbranson for Florida. 

That's not bad, through 36.  Campbell gave them good years in the latter of his contract, now they got hopefully good prime years form Yandle.  

Money is fine, was gonna get that regardless and Panthers have a ton of cap space.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Yandle a really good analytics guy, like Tanev?

He's more offensive than defensive, but more than anything, he's an absolute workhorse. Hasn't missed a regular season game since the 2008-2009 season. And the Panthers have a boatload of offensive talent. Yandle will continue to put up 45-55 points playing with them.

1 minute ago, JV77 said:

That's not bad, through 36.  Campbell gave them good years in the latter of his contract, now they got hopefully good prime years form Yandle.  

Money is fine, was gonna get that regardless and Panthers have a ton of cap space.

I agree. I don't think it's bad at all. Campbell out, Yandle in. As long as we don't sign Campbell I'll be happy for Florida.

Archived