The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could decide the ONE move Benning made this offseason...

Sedin Brothers

If you could pick the ONE move Benning made this offseason, what would it be?  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Land another top 10 pick with Edler while resigning Hammer.......more than one move but could be done within 1 hour.  Does that count?!!!

Would you trade a top 10 pick for Edler? Frankly I don't see any of the teams with a top 10 pick being interested in a 30 year d-man who has become somewhat injury prone.

I'm curious as to how you came up with those contracts? 

- Stamkos, maybe if he wants another big payday.

- Lucic and Eriksson I can see getting at least 6 million per, with Eriksson's term being 6 years.

Vrbata got 5 million per when the cap was lower, gotta think these guys get 6+ 

10 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Technically we all get paid USD... Just 77% of USD, sort of.

if a player is on pay roll for 10 million in Canada- his money will be converted to USD if he wants, but it won't translate to 10 million US but 7.7 Million USD

If a player has a salary of 10 million USD it would be converted from USD TO CAD 

10 million equals approx 12.9 million at the current rate 

Just now, Jack Fig said:

A play for Ericksson doesn't impress me. It seems like a ploy to placate the Sedins, and I don't think at this point placating the Sedins is the way to go. No Ericksson.

I don't see Erikson as the team's first choice either.  This club needs to make a BIG splash for someone they can sell to the fickle fans of Vancouver.  I really want us to rebuild through the draft (slowly collecting elite - young - assets) but it's not going to happen that way with our owner.  So, I wouldn't at all be shocked if we do get Subban or Stamkos.  I don't think Erikson or Lucic will put butts in seats.

Having Stamkos come all the way to Vancouver, and sign for less than what other teams would be offering? 

Uh..no contest.  But its a fantasy poll.

Take Dubois and build for the future. No Suban, no Lucic, no Stamkos. Dump a couple more vets for prospects or picks, even for late picks. At least for one season lets dump this premise of winning the Stanely Cup next year. Still might happen, and I say never say never, but we'd be further ahead towards that goal at this time next year if we dumped that goal next season and instead focused the goal on building our stock of talented prospects, and younger "bridge" players.

Stamkos and Subban will never happen. No way their clubs let them walk. Also the terms on the poll for them are way too low. I wouldn't want them for the overpayments they'd be handcuffing us moving forward.

Lucic is also too low on the poll for both term and money. Don't want him here disgracing a Canucks jersey and the likelihood JB would overpay him.

That leaves Ericksson as the lesser of all evils I suppose but again I think the terms are too low.

Archived