The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5th Overall: CDC 2016 Draft Consensus

funkyfresh

5th Overall: CDC 2016 Draft Consensus  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Aircool said:

LOL... my ordering is sort of insane though, I realize it. I just want a more physical defenseman than Juolevi... Harder shot and such. I think in that way, his lack of dynamism makes me think he has less upside than Chychrun and Sergachyov... That may be completely untrue, I'm not a scout or anything... But those guys always get it wrong to some extent anyways. Then I'd rather have Brown as a fallback forward over Keller or Tkachuk, Brown is pretty much "bust-proof"... Big guy who can skate, and seems to have a knack for playmaking. Sounds like Joe Thornton in a way.... Long way to go to reach those heights though.

Dude, unless JB thinks PLD can turn into a top line C, I would have absolutely no problem if the Canucks went with Sergachev at 5.  He s going to be a handful once he develops a bit, almost like a more intimidating Voynov.  If PLD projects alot like Sutter or Horvat, I don't the Nucks necessarily need to go for him.  

I'm sticking to my gun with Chychrun.  I know he keeps falling off without even playing much in the last few months, but I believe circumstances made him drop this year, not necessarily his playing level.  While it's the opposite for Dubois who had one solid year and is cashing in on it, like Pouliot did at #4 in 2005.

1. Chychrun

2. Tkatchuk

3. Dubois

DNW. Nylander

Seems especially tough this year as after PLD IMO, they could really go in ANY order for the next ~5 guys IMO.

My preference:

PLD, Juolevi, Sergachev, Tkachuck, Chychrun, Jost, Keller, Bean, Nylander.

I have Brown 13th but I might even slide him to 14 and take Fabbro 13.

9 hours ago, Erik "Real Gud" Branson said:

I love how CDC is always wrong on these types of things :P

Actually not far off this year. The majority clearly preferred PLD who went 3rd. Next was MT who went immediately after us. Then OJ who we picked. 

More people should have listened to those of us calling for PLD then OJ but at least they're getting better:P

• b3. locked this topic

Archived