The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

OJ will be better than Dahlin.  I've watched a lot of Sabres games this season, and the kid is overrated, much like 18 year old Sam Bennet was overrated.  

Again, this is our Board, and not the Sabre's board.  

I feel like you'd be better off commenting on canuck Facebook posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

OJ will be better than Dahlin.  I've watched a lot of Sabres games this season, and the kid is overrated, much like 18 year old Sam Bennet was overrated.  

Yeah but it’s getting annoying now. People come here to discuss hockey and the Canucks, not live in fantasy land. Not sure how an 18 yr old defensman on pace for over 40 points can be overrated. 

It’s like calling Pettersson overrated and saying Glass will be better than him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

In your opinion what type of dman was he in juniors ?

Very good skater with good hockey IQ and very good at distributing the puck.

London's offence came off his stick. He utilized the stacked 2016 london team really well. 

When we drafted him, we believed that Juolevi drove the offence for that london team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Yeah but it’s getting annoying now. People come here to discuss hockey and the Canucks, not live in fantasy land. Not sure how an 18 yr old defensman on pace for over 40 points can be overrated. 

It’s like calling Pettersson overrated and saying Glass will be better than him.

Not even. 

Its like saying horvat is overrated and nichuskin is better than him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I am not sure if OJ will be the type of Offensive D he was in juniors. Or we may not have drafted Quinn. 

I think he will be more of a reliable, smart, first-pass kind of D for us.. maybe like Tanev but with more shots through and less Defensive instincts.

I like where OJ is starting out tho. Low expectations so he has a lot less to lose (compared to Quinn) and plenty to gain. 

Wish him the best summer of his life. 

More like a better skating and passing (but probably less physical) Edler.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Your over the top hyperbole and homerism used to be kinda funny and endearing.

Now you just type stuff that is embarrassing. No offence.  :picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Your over the top hyperbole and homerism used to be kinda funny and endearing.

Now you just type stuff that is stupid. No offence.  :picard:

OJ is going to put comparable points  (Dahlin) and play better without the puck.  

Im glad we have OJ.  If some posters here think otherwise, that’s their opinion.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

OJ is going to put comparable points  (Dahlin) and play better without the puck.  

Im glad we have OJ.  If some posters here think otherwise, that’s their opinion.  

That is the thing Alf.  That is not some posters opinion that Dahlin will be way better than OJ.  That is LITERALLY EVERYONE'S OPINION. Including every professional hockey executive in the NHL.  Get it??!!

I doubt it.

But I am happy with OJ to. However, I would trade him and his whole family for Dahlin though!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

That is the thing Alf.  That is not some posters opinion that Dahlin will be way better than OJ.  That is LITERALLY EVERYONE'S OPINION. Including every professional hockey executive in the NHL.  Get it??!!

I doubt it.

But I am happy with OJ to. However, I would trade him and his whole family for Dahlin though!!

Just put his inane furry-ness on ignore like us sane folk. Save yourself a lot of :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Ugh stop. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think their career highs will be similar, but Dahlin is the better player for sure, or else Juolevi would have already been playing for the Canucks. Though I would place a strong bet that Juolevi is going to have a more successful career than Edler/Tanev

I remember the collective groan when we pick Juolevi over Tkachuk.  Five point night by Matthew Tkachuk last night.  Fair or not these guys will be forever connected.  Next season is huge for Juolevi and nobody is talking about him on the Canucks D.  In all the posts I see he isn’t even on the team.  He has to be on the D and hopefully in a top 4 role by the end of next season.

Start of season 

Edler.   Tryamkin

Hughes.     Stetcher 

Juolevi/Hutton.    Myers

Hutton

Edler resigns to a 3 year deal full no trade unfortunately.  Tanev traded to the Leafs at draft due to their early playoff exit.  Tryamkin brought back early.  Canucks sign Myers and probably over pay.  Maybe Hutton is moved due to left side depth?  We need Juolevi on this team or trade him for another young D prospect.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:54 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

What a ridiculous thing to say....

We dont even have anyone else in OJs family on contract just checked the roster page in Vancouver and Utica

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LeanBeef said:

What a ridiculous thing to say....

We dont even have anyone else in OJs family on contract just checked the roster page in Vancouver and Utica

Sign them! Sign them all!!!

• Like 1

OJ is trending like Ryan Murray from Columbus. Lots of injuries soon after being drafted. let's hope he can come to camp healthy next year, but if we sign Edler to a new deal OJ won't be making the team out of camp unless Green is willing to play a lefty on the right side.

Locks on left side, in no real order:

Hughes

Hutton

Edler-if given new contract

So no room for OJ until an in season injury to 1 of the above. I still hope OJ can become a good top 4, we need all those top picks to hit their projection. We cant have him be a bottom pair guy or Jake be a bottom 6 guy. If that is what those 2 amount to that puts a big dent into slowing down the rebuild imo

35 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

OJ is trending like Ryan Murray from Columbus. Lots of injuries soon after being drafted. let's hope he can come to camp healthy next year, but if we sign Edler to a new deal OJ won't be making the team out of camp unless Green is willing to play a lefty on the right side.

Locks on left side, in no real order:

Hughes

Hutton

Edler-if given new contract

So no room for OJ until an in season injury to 1 of the above. I still hope OJ can become a good top 4, we need all those top picks to hit their projection. We cant have him be a bottom pair guy or Jake be a bottom 6 guy. If that is what those 2 amount to that puts a big dent into slowing down the rebuild imo

Well it is the Canucks. That means OJ would get to play around game 7 as there will be a plethora of injuries by then...again.  :ph34r: