The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

9 minutes ago, bp79 said:

He will be good once he puts on some weight., but I think Lilegren neikas or glass are our guys.All 3 might be able to step right into the NHL, Especially lilegren or neikas Both played against men all year. And in neikas case, he played in the top chezk league on the best team. His numbers don't jump out at you but he was playing on the 4th line.

Necas, it's Necas. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I think there's a rumour going around that Patrick might not be 100% healthy and might not be able to participate fully in the combine.

Absolutely no evidence to support this other than a poster saying the same thing on HFBoards. 

If teams ahead of us are scared off by his health, I think he would absolutely be worth the risk at 5th overall. 

Patrick said the same thing in an article on NHL.com this morning 

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Patrick Kane, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Pavel Bure.... Poor attitude is only a real issue if you don't perform.... like Mike Richards, lol.  

If I recall it was a threat of return to Russia if I don't get top minutes.  Me first player.

Not attitude or earned arrogance but a bad playing attitude.

Take it with a grain of salt as its second hand info from a forum so...

Just now, Warhippy said:

If I recall it was a threat of return to Russia if I don't get top minutes.  Me first player.

Not attitude or earned arrogance but a bad playing attitude.

Take it with a grain of salt as its second hand info from a forum so...

If that's the case, I still think the Canucks should take a chance... assuming the Canucks are able to acquire an additional 1st rounder (mid-late round) or if he somehow drops into the 2nd round.  Bad playing attitude could just mean the lack of maturity.... something that could be rectified with a positive organizational culture, strong leadership core and peers (preferably among the same age group) who can help out.  

While you do want the team to treat everybody fair and equally, sometimes you gotta give certain players the white-glove treatment (assuming they are able to perform to expectation).  Many seem to think that ever player on the team ought to be like a rugged pickup truck/SUV that can be used for all situations... some players are like sportscars... and sometimes you gotta polish the car more and use premium fuel.  

13 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

Patrick said the same thing in an article on NHL.com this morning 

God, if this kid does a .Seth Jones and drops, I hope JB has a trade to move up a spot or even two to get him.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

Ya that's why the fans want them gone cuz they really play a complete game and show up in the playoffs. As for Jesse im pulling for him, but the fact he couldn't crack a nhl 

lineup with his pedigree is somewhat worrisome 8 goals in the NHL for A guy many scouts were saying was #2 in the draft, a few even had him #1 due to the fact he was A complete player on both sides of the ice and had a dominating world juniors When you get demoted that is regression plain and simple. As for lazy go on hf find a thread about him some have gone as far as calling him yak 2.0 Im not saying I agree. just saying he needs to work a little harder and start fitting in first step learning english.

TBH The barons' line up isn't really all that great and Puljujarvi is more of a playmaking winger.  Goals aren't his end all be all.

Denotino is not regression.  Nylander was demoted 3 times this years.  Reinhardt demoted 4 times.  Lucic a number of times etc.  Regression is what we're seeing with the twins.

If Oilers fans are ready to ship him out, I'd be all for picking him up for scraps.  Don't forget, a fan base is the fastest to turn on a player but the slowest to admit they were wrong

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

If that's the case, I still think the Canucks should take a chance... assuming the Canucks are able to acquire an additional 1st rounder (mid-late round) or if he somehow drops into the 2nd round.  Bad playing attitude could just mean the lack of maturity.... something that could be rectified with a positive organizational culture, strong leadership core and peers (preferably among the same age group) who can help out.  

While you do want the team to treat everybody fair and equally, sometimes you gotta give certain players the white-glove treatment (assuming they are able to perform to expectation).  Many seem to think that ever player on the team ought to be like a rugged pickup truck/SUV that can be used for all situations... some players are like sportscars... and sometimes you gotta polish the car more and use premium fuel.  

I'm no against him at all.  He's the eptiome of boom/bust.

There's a number of fallers we could capably grab with our 2nd I am sure

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He's the guy I chose with my  "don't want" vote in the other draft thread....

the guy was atop10 pick earlier this year I could be wrong but I think he was hurt a lot this year plus based on what Bob mac said he is the kind of player who might bolt to the KHl, that being said he may be the next Kucherov who had similar stigmas attached to him. seems to have worked out for TBL.

thanks, I knew I was spelling it wrong and usually I correct my mistakes I was reading an article about him from A Prague newspaper and they had it spelt like that so it just kind of stuck lol.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bp79 said:

the guy was atop10 pick earlier this year I could be wrong but I think he was hurt a lot this year plus based on what Bob mac said he is the kind of player who might bolt to the KHl, that being said he may be the next Kucherov who had similar stigmas attached to him. seems to have worked out for TBL.

Too risky...I would rather have the next Johansen or Scheiffle (sp.) i.e. Vilardi or Glass then the next Kucherov anyway....

10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Too risky...I would rather have the next Johansen or Scheiffle (sp.) i.e. Vilardi or Glass then the next Kucherov anyway....

I personally think he is a top 3 talent in this draft. If he was still around in the 20's, I would start calling GM's to see what they would want added to the 33rd pick. The guy was so dominant in the Russia vs CHL series. One of the best looking prospects i've seen in a while. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

This guy actually thinks the Canucks are taking Elias Pettersson at 5. I'm assuming he's wrong.

I think Petterson is the skinniest junior player I have ever seen.

https://thecanuckway.com/2017/05/30/2017-nhl-mock-draft-canucks-pettersson/

I saw that too.  The article actually says this mght be a reach but the Canucks select Petterson.  Man can you imagine if Petterson is selected over the other top centres if they are still unselected at 5.  Not too sure of the writers decision behind his mock draft, alot of his picks seem to be way off.

Just now, Camel Toe Drag said:

Easy decision right. He's almost certainly going to be there at 5 and he's exactly what the league is turning into. 

Honestly, he plays a fairly physical game for a guy of his weight and has the height. Once he fills out he could be a force. Like a previous poster mentions he's been playing on the fourth line.

He was easily the hardest working player for the Czechs in the world juniors. A MAJOR sleeper pic as far as I am concerned.

5 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Honestly, he plays a fairly physical game for a guy of his weight and has the height. Once he fills out he could be a force. Like a previous poster mentions he's been playing on the fourth line.

He was easily the hardest working player for the Czechs in the world juniors. A MAJOR sleeper pic as far as I am concerned.

Oh ya I totally buy it. One might even say he has North American Heart to go with his European skill. But yes he's got a lot of filling out left to do and I think for such a young player he's already got a pretty complete game. For me it's between Necas, Mittelstadt, and Liljegrin. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Really been looking at Casey Mittlestadt closer and the more I do the more I am liking him.

Really think him and boeser could form a powerful duo in a few years 

Him and Glass are still my top picks. 

Mittlestadt is my number one guy. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Him and Glass are still my top picks. 

Mittlestadt is my number one guy. 

Yea think I like them before Vilardi now for Cs

Just praying we get the BPA 5 years down road

• Upvote 1