The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

I think Marek has the best mock draft i've seen yet. 

Still want to see the Canucks get Glass and Makar both. Let Makar play in College for a few years then move him up at the right time. Canucks are gonna be bad for at least 2 more seasons anyway, might as well take a big gamble in Makar. 

If he's still available pick him for sure. If not, pick the best centre left.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Every time I see Glass' name I think of Tanner.

Say Glass is gone at #3 or #4, would people be surprised to see JB pass over Vilardi to select Pettersson? There is a good possibility this happens, and I'm kind of dreading that moment. What could've been. Pettersson may turn out to be a very skilled NHL player one day, but after the MC, Vilardi's stock is pretty high and he's the type of player the Canucks have always needed. I have nothing against Swedes, but it would be nice to add another Canadian kid to the roster.  

This is my worst bloody nightmare.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grape said:

You're expectations are higher than the 2nd best dman in our history? Oh boy.

No kidding.  If OJ turns out to be Lumme level, I'll be thrilled.  He might not have been flashy, but he was a game changer

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grape said:

You're expectations are higher than the 2nd best dman in our history? Oh boy.

I loved Lumme but Lumme isn't on most teams top 10 D men all time. He's on ours because our D history is tragic. Aim high young man. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

No kidding.  If OJ turns out to be Lumme level, I'll be thrilled.  He might not have been flashy, but he was a game changer

Again, I loved Lumme but he is not in our "ring of honour" and not a hall of famer. Yet he is our second best dmen all time. Sad. 

Not saying OJ will be but let's start looking for that hall of fame dman. 

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Again, I loved Lumme but he is not in our "ring of honour" and not a hall of famer. Yet he is our second best dmen all time. Sad. 

Hall of fame players are made, not found.  Lumme was unbelievably underrated.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hall of fame players are made, not found.  Lumme was unbelievably underrated.

No idea what this means.  I loved Lumme. Just have higher expectations of a 5th overall than Lumme. That's just me. 

• Upvote 1

Just a fleeting thought, could Pettersson be this year's Will Nylander? And what if Vilardi turns out like Jake or Gaunce? I know, kind of stupid, but what if? Some people really hate that Virtanen was picked over Nylander, and I wonder if this another opportunity to draft a super skilled Swede C.

Edited by NUCKER67

25 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Just a fleeting thought, could Pettersson be this year's Will Nylander? And what if Vilardi turns out like Jake or Gaunce? I know, kind of stupid, but what if? Some people really hate that Virtanen was picked over Nylander, and I wonder if this another opportunity to draft a super skilled Swede C.

What if Vilardi turns into Getzlaf and Pettersson turns into Filatov. There's risk with every prospect. I do however think both these guys mentioned will have good careers. It'd be hard to pass on a playoff monster like Vilardi has the potential and traits to become but I am a really big Pettersson fan and would be okay with that pick as well. Anybody but Tippett! Come on draft be here already!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Stelar said:

He'll be drafted next year!

2 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I think Vilardi oozes character, much like Horvat in the regard of personal growth.  

Honestly at this point, I could argue to pick any of Vilardi, Makar, Pettersson, Glass, Heiskanen, or Mittlestadt at 5.  

I think out out of those names, I'd be most excited with Makar.  We've never had that kind of skill on the blue line.  That kind of movement and creativity opens up so much more offence for the forwards.   And to already have his cerebral calm and collective d partner already drafted, man could they be a nice looking pairing!

Obviously the homerun would be to snap up the #3 pick and take both Makar and Vilardi/glass/Pettersson

Vilardi just looked soooo tenacious is the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Vilardi just looked soooo tenacious is the playoffs. 

I wasn't able to watch, so I'll take your word for it.  

I just think...  who's the best puck moving ppqb the Canucks have had in recent memory...?

id have to go with ehrhoff, and what an impact that had for this teams offence.  Makar will be light years better than ehrhoff, and our transition game will be very quick with a juolevi - Makar combination.   

Again, if we take Makar at 3, I'd bet Vilardi is there at 5 for us.  

• Upvote 2

higgyfan:  I agree, Rasmus Dahlin is incredible.

Maybe we win the draft lottery next year for going half-way 'round the world to a War Zone (!) before we start the season.

Dahlin will be our #1 D behind no-one in our lineup, and probable Calder Cup winner on his way to a string of Norris Trophies.

The Canucks should do anything to land this kid.

Ooops, 2017 draft, at 5th overall: Vilardi or Glass, imo.

Edited by Goal:thecup
Added 2017 content.
  • Upvote 2