The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Jason Robertson 81 points in 68 games next closest forward on his team had 50 points in as many games. Can only imagine what he'd have if he had some help. Colorado only team to pick ahead of us to start the day tomorrow and they took Makar so odds are we're staring at Timmins and Hague tomorrow! Does Benning take a d or shock the world yet again ;)!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Timmins

Hague

Most likley top 2 for majority

What about JAD, Robertson, Mismash? Other guys I'm hoping they take a chance on are Lodnia, Samberg, Ikonen and Safin. So much potential to be had potentially at 55 and 64. Gotta hope that CBJ pick pays off as a nice return on them getting the Adams winner.:P

33rd - I'd love to see us draft Hague or Timmins

55th - hopefully Maxime Comtois is still available. The kid plays with serious edge and speed, all while putting up solid numbers. We don't have many power forwards. He could fill that void. 

PS interesting note, the past few months myself and quite a few others had mentioned hoping that Benning could make a trade for a mid first rounder so that we could draft both a high end centre as well as either Foote or Hague. It looks like tomorrow that could happen without having to make a trade! :)

Edited by Canuck Drogo

12 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Robertson or Hague (the blast from the point we have been missing) for me....please....

Size is nice, but JB seems set on "speed and skill" right now, so who fits that bill?  Many of the bigger names on the board aren't known as the greatest skaters.

2 minutes ago, Canuck Drogo said:

33rd - I'd love to see us draft Hague or Timmins

55th - hopefully Maxime Comtois is still available. The kid plays with serious edge and speed, all while putting up solid numbers. We don't have many power forwards. He could fill that void. 

At 55, I'm hoping David Farrance, Max Gildon, Josh Brook, Dylan Samberg

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

We need more quality defense prospects;  we need some size;  we need some grit.....a guy like Hague could be a fit.

He can skate too - so wouldnt be shocked at all if we take him. 

That is if he is available.

I see the Aves taking him or Robertson though.

37 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

What about JAD, Robertson, Mismash? Other guys I'm hoping they take a chance on are Lodnia, Samberg, Ikonen and Safin. So much potential to be had potentially at 55 and 64. Gotta hope that CBJ pick pays off as a nice return on them getting the Adams winner.:P

I said majority 

I made a bigger list including them and Lind etc.

13 minutes ago, danaimo said:

Mismash.

I know nothing about him but with a name like that he should fit into our current lineup just fine.

scored as many points and very comparable to Josh Norris. going to play at North Dakota. remember the last 2 guys we had come out of there. Physical/balls to the wall 2 way center.

D.... David Farrance is a pp guy with Makars size, committed to Boston U

D.... Robin Salo, played a lot of hard minutes for LIIGA. still room to grow but he already seems a solid rock D that can provide great outlets and a quick transition game

Just now, missioncanucksfan said:

scored as many points and very comparable to Josh Norris. going to play at North Dakota. remember the last 2 guys we had come out of there. Physical/balls to the wall 2 way center.

D.... David Farrance is a pp guy with Makars size, committed to Boston U

D.... Robin Salo, played a lot of hard minutes for LIIGA. still room to grow but he already seems a solid rock D that can provide great outlets and a quick transition game

Ah Farrance and Salo good mentions! Both could be options at 55 too

30 minutes ago, R3aL said:

He can skate too - so wouldnt be shocked at all if we take him. 

That is if he is available.

I see the Aves taking him or Robertson though.

My guess is that with Avalanche drafting Makar, and likely trading Duchene, they are going to pick Robertson. Maybe not though seeing as how they have Jost in the pipeline. 

Edited by Canuck Drogo

Very, Very Happy w/ Petterson @ #5.

For #33, I immediately jumped to see which D were still floating around - Hague and Timmins sure do look promising, and Timmins especially sounds like a Benning type, but somehow Robertson completely flew under my radar. 

Check this out from Canucks Army & OHL Prospects:

Bio

• Birthplace: Northville, MI, USA
  • Frame: 6’2″ / 196 lbs
  • Position: Left Wing
As the year went on, Robertson just kept getting better, and better. The Frontenacs were far from an offensive juggernaut, but Robertson was one of the league’s premier performers in the second half of the year and the playoffs. In his final 25 games of the year (including the playoffs), he had 18 goals and 27 assists for 45 points or very nearly two points per game. Overall on the year, if you combine the regular season and playoffs, Robertson was in on nearly 48% of his teams goals this year. That’s just insane. Even with the top defensive players of the opposition keying in on him, he managed to remain consistently productive. Robertson is extremely difficult to separate from the puck and that’s one of the things that makes him so effective. He’s aggressive in driving the net and despite lacking elite speed or acceleration, manages to find his way there with, and without the puck. He’s also very intelligent. The puck just seems to find him in the offensive end, especially in the slot and near the crease. His excellent release and hands makes him a great goal scoring prospect, but also his ability to control the cycle makes him a terrific playmaker. While he’s far from a pest, his offensive game (the way he contributes offensively) reminds me a lot of Corey Perry. They have similar body types, similar skating strides and found success at the OHL level the same way. Outside of improving his skating, adding that consistent physical element and intensity level (like Perry possesses) is the key to his development. While he’s a determined player with the puck, I find that his engagement without the puck lacks consistency. Would love to see him use his size to dominate in puck retrieval and on the backcheck, but he has a tendency to float in the offensive zone, hanging out in the slot. You simply can not ignore his production this year though, even with a few warts.

SO, if it's possible to take JR at 33 and then a D (Salo?) at 55, I'm walking away from this draft whistling.