The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Oh my Howe are you two still at it....

Stop

So the Isles apparently need to show Tavares they want to win now which means making major moves.

I think Snow can be had again.  Who wants in on taking Snow to the cleaners or pulling a proverbial...snow job

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Stop

So the Isles apparently need to show Tavares they want to win now which means making major moves.

I think Snow can be had again.  Who wants in on taking Snow to the cleaners or pulling a proverbial...snow job

It's actually impressive that the bickering has lasted this long without escalating to insults. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

It's the off season, so I'll rationalize that as doing good lol.

You don't get enough compliments do

you?

GREAT JOB BUDDYYYY!

I listened to the interview between the Team and Pierre. Nothing really out of the ordinary. Bill has been fielding calls from many gm's not just Benning. He also mentioned how Benning doesn't wanna give up and arm and a leg to slide up 2 spots. It's just hollow buzz. Nothing to see. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You mean the dreaded JB throw in 2nd round pick: Vey, Baer, Sutter, Gudbranson?

I wouldn't want to do it but I'd be willing to move the 33 pick down into the 40s to flip 3 for 5 and lock in on Vilardi as it's probably the only way that happens for us. I'd play with Colorado too but only at the draft and only if Vilardi is still there. I really think something like this could happen as Dallas and Colorado are both probably looking at Makar or Heiskanen anyway based on team need. Stay tuned I guess eh.

Edited by Salmonberries

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Stop

Do we have much they need though...?

26 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

That actually means a lot coming from you. I know you weren't super big on Vilardi a few weeks ago. 

He's not my first choice his skill is undeniable and the urgency of JB all of a sudden would make sense.

So we trade the 5th pick to Dallas for the 3rd and Lethonen? 

We move up 2 spots by taking a 1b (bad contract) goalie, and select Vilardi or one of the other two that fall.

Dallas moves down to select a D to address their needs and get Lethonen off the books. 

Makes sense?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

Sounds like pure speculation. But even if it's true that there have been conversations, who is to say that Dallas didn't initiate them because they would like to trade their lottery ticket for some immediate help?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

I'm starting to lean over to the Mittelstadt pick lately...Canucks are starting to have a tendency to pick from the USHL,so picking him would not be a surprise..(.6'1, 201lbs..thats pretty solid for an 18year old)..

Vilardi and Heiskanen still seem to be the favourite 3 and 4 picks...

I don't see the Canucks taking Tippett,basically because he's a RW....

Then why is CDC so infatuated in picking Mitelstadt and Vilardi, when many scouts have said both players are more than likely to become wingers than centermen?