The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

9 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

No need to be disappointed if you get Necas or Makar

Absolutely

depend ng on who you talk to, those guys are on quite a few top 5 lists.  It's a good debate on bpa in the top 10 this year.  Only shoe in is top 2, Possibly 3.  From 4-10 it's all over the map.  

Canucks will get a good player wherever they draft here.  Im nervous about Patrick honestly.  So for me it's basically Hischier or bust from a lottery standpoint. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Team cheer New Jersey

You don't want to go down that path man. I've been scoreboard watching and even watching live games.  It will take another 2 months for new Jersey to tie us. They are Hella bad.

14 hours ago, Odd. said:

He was playing on the wing for majority of the season. I think he still does, but he takes draws.

Kole Lind, Nicolas Hague, or Eemeli Rasanen

Rasanen is the RH version of tryamkin lets get em

56 minutes ago, ColeTr11 said:

Rasanen is the RH version of tryamkin lets get em

I was hoping Rasanen was more of a Dougie Hamilton type. 6'6 PMD. Finnish as well.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

You don't want to go down that path man. I've been scoreboard watching and even watching live games.  It will take another 2 months for new Jersey to tie us. They are Hella bad.

Woah name change!

lol I have to admit I have been following th devils pretty closely as well. They did get a point the other night and their end schedule doesn't look too too bad. 

Would anyone be mad if Benning took Nick Suzuki if Mittlestadt/Vilardi are gone or if we pick outside of the top 5? I like  Suzuki better than Petterson, Necas, etc. He's absolutely tearing it up right now. I think if he goes back to junior next year, he easily gets over 100pts.

Nick Suzuki
Center
Born Aug 10 1999  -- London, ONT 
Height 5.11 -- Weight 183 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16  Owen Sound Attack           OHL    63   20   18   38    4   6   2   0   2   0
2016-17  Owen Sound Attack           OHL    65   45   51   96   10
2016-17p Owen Sound Attack           OHL     3    3    2    5    4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

If we land the 3rd spot and Patrick and Hischier are gone, do the Canucks draft Tippett?  Isn't he going pretty high in most mock drafts, we already have a glutton of RW

Noooo. Vilardi. Centre with size and skill. Tenacious forechecker. Exactly what this team needs.

• Upvote 2

I think we are lucky if we can draft this kid. Good size, at 6.1 201lbs, with "Skill-set among top in the draft class. Elusive one-on-one talent & electric quickness."

Casey Mittelstadt's Player Profile

Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - Mar. 8th: "Was over a point per game player in the USHL and since going back to play high school hockey at Eden Prairie he’s more than doubled that rate of production."

ISS Hockey - Feb. 7th: "Skill-set among top in the draft class. Elusive one-on-one talent & electric quickness."

Mike Morreale NHL.com - Jan. 20th: "The University of Minnesota recruit has elite puck skills, NHL quickness, and has excelled at every level. Mittelstadt (6-1, 201) was MVP of the USA Hockey All-American Top Prospects Game in September, had 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in 16 games with Green Bay of the United1ibs States Hockey League early in the season, and now is the leading scorer for his high school team."

Future Consideration: "A smart, quick and highly skilled center…has a tremendous first-step jump, change of pace and ability to make defenders miss…though not the biggest or strongest player on the ice, he finds success in loose puck battles by using his smarts and insane ability to shield the puck from defenders…never takes a shift off, and has added noticeable muscle and speed this season…will finish chances with a quick release on a wrister or powerful snap shot…puckhandling skills are excellent and he is able to create scoring chances in almost all of his offensive-zone shifts using his great vision and understanding of the game"

Dennis Schellenberg Hockey Prospectus - Nov. 9th: "An average-sized smallish player who keeps fans on the edge of their seats with his great puckhandling skills and good hands. Highly skilled offensively, he can twist and turn with the puck using his slick hands and blazing speed. "

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Would anyone be mad if Benning took Nick Suzuki if Mittlestadt/Vilardi are gone or if we pick outside of the top 5? I like  Suzuki better than Petterson, Necas, etc. He's absolutely tearing it up right now. I think if he goes back to junior next year, he easily gets over 100pts.

Nick Suzuki
Center

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16  Owen Sound Attack           OHL    63   20   18   38    4   6   2   0   2   0

Reminds me a lot of Robbi Fabbri of St Louis! Not as tenasuous, maybe a bit better puck skills 

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

Nick Suzuki
Center

The only thing that would concern me if we took Suzuki, is having 5'11 and 6'0 centres in the Pacific Division..  Plus the influx of wingers we have now are on the smallish side, so I would prefer Necas in that position

Edited by DudePerfect
  • Upvote 1