The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

30 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I'd way rather have Tanev than two seconds.....

Good point, but in the overall scheme of things, We're not competing today,  so we might as well build for tomorrow, in that case the 2 seconds turning into players are important.

But Tanev should net a bit more than a just the first round pick.

Hamilton got a mid first and 2 seconds

Reinhart got a mid first and 2 seconds

Coburn got a late first a 3rd and a roster player,

UFA Shattenkirk Got a late 1st, a 2nd and two depth pieces.

Guddy got a solid prospect a 2nd and a 4th.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

*cough Cal Foote* another solid game recently 3 points in 4 games holding the Blazers to 6 goals in 4 games single handedly shutting down their top line in games 2 and 4.

Just saying

2 hours ago, E. Lindros said:

I would be open to us trading up with our 2 2nds or acquiring a pick to select foote. Would be a great pairings guy for juolevi. 

Imagine this upcoming draft we walk away with Mittelstadt and Foote. Add to our prospect pool a playmaking #1C and a big physical two-way #2/3D.

Our prospect depth would look like...

Dahlen - Mittelstadt - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Goldobin

Granlund - Gaudette - Virtanen

Gaunce - McKenzie - Lockwood

Juolevi - Foote

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

McEneny - Subban

Brisebois

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Blömqvist said:

Imagine this upcoming draft we walk away with Mittelstadt and Foote. Add to our prospect pool a playmaking #1C and a big physical two-way #2/3D.

Juolevi - Foote

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

McEneny - Subban

Brisebois

But we're so far behind on rebuilding!!! :frantic:

:lol:

• Upvote 2

Juolevi - Foote

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

McEneny - Subban

Brisebois

I'd be optimistic 

And others would find reason to complain :P

• Upvote 1

Juolevi - Foote

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

McEneny - Subban

Brisebois

You're assuming 100% of our top/potential prospects reach their potential, something that has never happened in the history of hockey to any organization... remember that a few years ago people had Hodgson and Schroeder on the first line...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Juolevi - Foote

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

McEneny - Subban

Brisebois

Horvat and Gudbranson are prospects???

(Not to mention Baertschi and Granlund...)

Edited by D-Money

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Then you get the "assuming 100% success rate" problem (already mentioned).

It's only 'projected'. It's not like the guy's guaranteeing THAT lineup in 4 years and taking bets. It's illustrative. 

Besides, half those guys are already on the team. It's not that far off.

It also doesn't include UFA's, trades or 'surprises'. 

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Juolevi - Foote

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

McEneny - Subban

Brisebois

Where's Griffen Molino?? Lol

• Upvote 1

looking more and more like a top 5 pick this year.  add to that a very high (dahlin!) pick next year (still a work in progress: top line of older and slower sedins, new coach, incorporation of youngsters into the line up, departure of miller, improved competitiveness of our competition, jb's inability to add ufa's due to limited contracts available to hand out, offseason trading of an experienced dman for another prospect/pick) and for good luck another high pick in 2019 and we could finally begin to legitimately have the framework of a good young team we could then fill in the pieces en route to competing again.  one can only hope  

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Kelowna vs Kamloops is on right now.  Stream via shaw.ca or local to the okanagan 

Some decent draft eligible players and Cal Foote

Since you watch a lot of Kelowna games, how's Kole Lind? He's someone I want with our 2nd rounder. 30g 57a, 87p in 70gps. Pretty good numbers. Quite lanky at 6'1 and 175lbs.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Since you watch a lot of Kelowna games, how's Kole Lind? He's someone I want with our 2nd rounder. 30g 57a, 87p in 70gps. Pretty good numbers. Quite lanky at 6'1 and 175lbs.

He's a solid support player IMO.  He doesn't necessarily wow you at all but plays a more support role, not driving plays but finishing them.  Not the kind of guy you'd really want to waste a 2nd round pick on necessarily but one you wouldn't regret later on.  He's an RW but benefits heavily bouncing around the top 6.  Think Patrick Sharp without the skating or defensive acumen.  Very very easy things to work on as coach Smith allows him basic free reign offensively and doesn't lean to hard on him for defensive matters.

But I don't expect him to be around in the 2nd round myself and if he is with say our CBJ pick (absolutely not happening) I would jump on him hard.

best case scenario would see us adding a early mid 1st and an early mid 2nd (preferably same team) and drafting Foote and Lind at the same time while still netting Comtois Timmins Kostin (who I think is a serious faller) Strome Brook or even Vaakanainen with our own actual pick and a possible shocking sleeper or faller with the CBJ pick

I'd even be inclined if he is available in the 2nd round to trade the cbj 2nd and our 3rd for him.  Again I like him, I don't see him being available in the 2nd round.  But all around amazing support player and if this year and last year are indicative of next season and 2019 I think we'll be able to draft our #1 C to allow him to play with a Horvat or this years Hischier/Vilardi/Mittlestadt etc

Also, chippy game tonight, Foote might be hurt really only played sporadic shifts that I saw and missed a good portion of the 3rd

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's a solid support player IMO.  He doesn't necessarily wow you at all but plays a more support role, not driving plays but finishing them.  Not the kind of guy you'd really want to waste a 2nd round pick on necessarily but one you wouldn't regret later on.  He's an RW but benefits heavily bouncing around the top 6.  Think Patrick Sharp without the skating or defensive acumen.  Very very easy things to work on as coach Smith allows him basic free reign offensively and doesn't lean to hard on him for defensive matters.

But I don't expect him to be around in the 2nd round myself and if he is with say our CBJ pick (absolutely not happening) I would jump on him hard.

best case scenario would see us adding a early mid 1st and an early mid 2nd (preferably same team) and drafting Foote and Lind at the same time while still netting Comtois Timmins Kostin (who I think is a serious faller) Strome Brook or even Vaakanainen with our own actual pick and a possible shocking sleeper or faller with the CBJ pick

I'd even be inclined if he is available in the 2nd round to trade the cbj 2nd and our 3rd for him.  Again I like him, I don't see him being available in the 2nd round.  But all around amazing support player and if this year and last year are indicative of next season and 2019 I think we'll be able to draft our #1 C to allow him to play with a Horvat or this years Hischier/Vilardi/Mittlestadt etc

Also, chippy game tonight, Foote might be hurt really only played sporadic shifts that I saw and missed a good portion of the 3rd

Interesting. Honestly forgot about that Klim Kostin dude. Mock drafts at the start of the year had him in the top 10. Comtois was supposed to go top 5. 

Cal Foote really reminds me of Brent Seabrook.