The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

burrows to be back, higgins to be bought out

vancitybuzz35

I'm good with that.

Put Burrows back with the twins, Honey badger back with Horvat and Baertshi where he had great success.

Frees a spot, but probably means Benning's made some calls to decide what the asking prices are on the free agents and found them quite high.

5 minutes ago, brownky said:

I'm good with that.

Put Burrows back with the twins, Honey badger back with Horvat and Baertshi where he had great success.

Frees a spot, but probably means Benning's made some calls to decide what the asking prices are on the free agents and found them quite high.

I agree, not hoping for much in the way of UFA signings, I think teams are going to be lined up.

Good!  Burrows is a shining example of hard work and perseverence for the young players.  Plus he can still play up and down the lineup and on the pk.  I think he'll have a bounce-back season.  He's been an impactful role player on the Canucks for over a decade and I'd hate to see him just tossed away before his time.

Well that definitely means they aren't getting 2 free agents like Benning wanted. 

Also pushes someone like Etem out of the lineup which sucks if they do land at least one free agent.

I'll honestly be pretty disappointed if they keep Burrows to cut Etem loose. No matter how Burrows does this season, it WILL be his last season in Vancouver. Probably at all.

Sedin-Sedin-Free Agent

Burrows-Sutter-Rodin

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett-Granlund-Virtanen

Etem as #13 maybe?

If they strike out completely in free agency that'll be quite the upset. 

Bottom line Burrows and Higgins have become cement skaters. I thought they shouldn't have gone into last season with Higgens. He was slow before his early injury and didn't even come close to recovering. 

I'm done watching Higgens, nothing against him though. 

Burrows has a healthy cap hit that would be great to loose making more room for better free agent pick ups.  

Nothing against Higgens or Burrows but their time is up and better players can be inserted. Don't over value these 2 by their past.

They're done! 

Well, Benning said he was looking for a good 2-way player, so maybe Burrows is that player. I'm a little disappointed. Burr has been a great Canuck for many years, but he wasn't very good last year and I don't expect him to be any better this year. Unless he finds some magical inspiration knowing it's his last year. Classy organization those Canucks, but classy don't win Cups (eg. BOS, LA, CHI...)

22 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Good decision Burrows can help mentor the young guys and if he can reach 25 pts by the trade deadline I can see a Playoff team that has cap room trade for him. 

Mentor them to trash talk and be classless. The young guys need better role models.

10 minutes ago, gudbranmuffin said:

I think Nucks will have room for 1 UFA.  I'm guessing it would be Erikkson.  

Brouwer did say that it would be interesting playing for his home town, but Lucic said the same thing a year ago before going to LA.

Lucic was traded to LA.. he is a UFA July 1st. Big difference.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I guess another bottom 5 finish then.

We needed at least a couple 25 goal scorers on this roster. Not gonna happen now.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing though.

Thats a wonderful thing! Cant wait to enter the draft lottery and be excited again! My reward for working hard in school for final exams is watching the canucks be in the draft lottery a few weeks later :D 

Archived