The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[EXTENSION] Filip Forsberg with Nashville

#preds announce a 6-year, $36 million extension for Filip Forsberg.

Nashville Predators @PredsNHL  8m8 minutes ago

FIL-TASTIC! Filip Forsberg inks a 6-year, $36 million contract with the #Preds. >> http://preds.co/28Zi9wv 

Pierre LeBrun Retweeted Nashville Predators

Huge for Preds, I know GM David Poile was most concerned about getting this done ASAP when we spoke in Buffalo

Good deal for both sides. Nashville needed to get him locked up long term.

Pretty much right on the nose for what he should receive.

And based off of his draft position, production, and age, this will likely be what Mark Scheifele receives for his extension. Although, because he'll be the #1 center on the team going forward, he'll likely get a little more.

Just now, mll said:

Amazing deal.  He's 21 and just had two 60pts seasons.  

This year 64pts and 33 goals.  

Last year 63pts and 27 goals.

He had a great run near the last few games of the season too! Almost didn't break 60, but was happy when he did. Always enjoy seeing young stars in the NHL hit great numbers. Just too bad when it's not for the Canucks.

Nashville is the prime example of how a budget team should be run. Not only are they epitome of excellence in how to run a hockey team, they are also an incredibly classy organization. To all those who talk about non traditional markets, Nashville is just that and yet they have assembled a great fan base. 

I hope those that spurn them never achieve success, looking at you Jason Spezza and Jimmy Vesey.

34 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

What a deal.

Remember when he was supposed to go third overall and fell all the way to 11th for the caps and they traded him for MARTIN ERAT lmao.

Its like edmonton trading Pulijiarvi for like Troy Brower

Even that would be a better deal than what Washington got, Erat was garbage in DC.

pretty solid signing. considering his age, ability and goal prowess. don't find many 25+ goal scorers that young who sign that sort of deal.

there is usually a bridge which winds up in a bigger payday. props to both Nash & Fil in wanting to work a cap-friendly deal.

Nashville continues to be a terrific environment that players love to be in. They've been good for a few years, but I expect them to be great in the next few.

It's a good deal, he'd be worth more on an open market. All signs point to this guy being a 1st liner with point-per-game production fairly soon, and youth is on his side.

I was also blown away with the fact Nashville pays Roman Josi a minuscule $4mil/year. This is a guy playing top pairing minutes while posting 60 points as an offensive D-man.

Nashville has some sweet contracts.

16 hours ago, Monty said:

Pretty much right on the nose for what he should receive.

And based off of his draft position, production, and age, this will likely be what Mark Scheifele receives for his extension. Although, because he'll be the #1 center on the team going forward, he'll likely get a little more.

Will Mark command the same?

Forsberg burst on as a dynamic player at a younger age & appears the higher upside. Back to back 60 point plus seasons and really 2 years younger than Scheifele when he "broke out?"

If I was the Jets I would give him a generous bridge offer of 2 years  Prepared to pay big bucks if he becomes a true force as a number one centre.  The real reason is a comparison between Stamkos & Subban. People argue Subban is paid too much & Stamkos's last deal was a "bargain." But Subban is now contracted until he is 30ish.  Stamkos is a free agent at 26. Winnipeg needs to retain guys like Scheifele without making him a free agent at such a young age.

Archived