The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] F Taylor Hall to Devils for D Adam Larsson

1 minute ago, DoughtysCheck said:

based on whose expectations? Just because you see him putting up ~20 points a year doesn't mean he's not living up to expectations. The fact he was +15 of a Devils teams near the bottom of the league in scoring shows his underlying play and his defensive awareness.

And that he played in a very structured system with Schnieder.  

Trade wise I guess the Devils won the trade but then again big picture Edmonton could win this if they do indeed get Lucic and Puljujarvi is ready to join the team next season.

Basically it's Hall for Larsson, Lucic, and Puljujarvi

And who know what other FA Edmonton can get just because McDavid is in the team.

I say Edmonton did well here.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And that he played in a very structured system with Schnieder.  

He played over 22min a game. I think the Oilers lost the trade big time but people here are really underrating Larsson. He is a top pairing defenseman.

1 minute ago, Piggy Bank said:

Like.... C'mon I feel for the Oilers fans tbh. Oh well, hockey gods are doing their job.

Why would you not move RNH first, then Eberle......

Because they, considering their contracts, have little value?

I would have never thought Hall would be in a deal for Larsson, maybe Subban. But man, I feel great about the Gudbranson deal now.

Maybe the Oilers can bring back Schultz now.. ::D

This trade is the reason why drafting Juolevi is a great move.  It just took the Oilers trading a top 10 forward in the game to get a #3 or 4 Dman back.  Also makes the Gudbranson trade look much better.  I am not sure that Larsson is any better than him.

Oilers are going to miss Hall's speed and tenacity. They traded the wrong guy IMO. It's very obvious it's to make room for Lucic. Hall (LW - Lucic (LW). Lucic hasn't even finished his interviews with the other teams. I'd laugh my butt off if Lucic signed back in BOS (F-you Chia!) lol  

WOW if your a Oilers fan you should be pissed off right now, you gave up a young elite top 6 forward for a potential ofd who hasn't done anything since coming into the league, and on top of that has had concussion problem... Just makes Benning trade for Gudbranson even better. Oilers can't anything right, moreover they're probably going to give Lucic a 6-7 years at 6-7 million a year.

Was there honestly not a better deal out East for him? If thats what Hall gets then Burrows or Higgy would have got us a bag of pucks wow.

I always get worried when you take Dmen/Goalies from teams that are structured like NJ and ARI. Defense first etc. Dont think Larsson is bad by any means, however having Schneider definitely helped im sure.

Archived