The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need a "scorched earth rebuild"....

Honky Cat

40 minutes ago, butters said:

what high end players did gillis bring in? Also, how do you know that edmonton will win the stanley cup? Addendum: with your magic crystal ball powers, should you not consider placing money on them winning a cup right now?

i am giving an opinion here, i think benning is not a good GM ,i am entitled to that opinion without being belittled or having sarcastic comments made about one's opinion, tell me what has benning done that has you so excited,and the coach he kept is at best an AHL coach,or did you not notice how he was out maneuvered many nights

18 minutes ago, obee said:

i am giving an opinion here, i think benning is not a good GM ,i am entitled to that opinion without being belittled or having sarcastic comments made about one's opinion, tell me what has benning done that has you so excited,and the coach he kept is at best an AHL coach,or did you not notice how he was out maneuvered many nights

I didn't belittle you. I certainly did not attempt to deprive you of your opinion either. I did question it, and if that upsets you then you should think twice before interneting. Some mild sarcasm on your certainty that Edmonton will win a cup, but that's well earned. What has Benning done to excite me? Nothing in particular, but that's okay cuz his job isn't to excite me. 

18 minutes ago, obee said:

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. When you hold Edmonton out as a shining example, it attracts mockery. They've done bugger  all for decades despite picking first over and over again. Predicting a bright future for the Oil is not what most would consider deserving of respect.

On the other hand, if you brought up the Blackhawks as a team that might have some future success, people might agree with you. Particularly if Scotty, his son, and coach Q are calling the shots.

But Edmonton, puleeez. The Pocklington era is over.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Gillis inherited the Twins, Kesler, and Luongo just as they entered their primes.  If anyone in the league thought he built the dynasty the ?Canucks became, then Gillis would have immediately got another GM job.  Where is he now - the Suisse league?  :lol:

Teaching at Uvic.  Been in the league since he was 18 and is done with it.

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well, he did pretty OK with the whole legal end of things, cap etc.

But ya, he didn't draft well, or really have to build anything. He made a few decent trades I guess

And some garbage ones.  I always loved how active he was and I didn't give a balls if we dealt picks at the deadline.  

2 hours ago, obee said:

You want to spew barely-formed thoughts and have no one give you a hard time that you can't respond to without whining.  

You came to the right place.

6 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You want to spew barely-formed thoughts and have no one give you a hard time that you can't respond to without whining.  

You came to the right place.

CDC's slogan right there.

We just finished 28th in the league...Why would we need a "scorched earth" rebuild?

If we're picking up good prospects while letting our young players play with solid vets, why would we wanna blow it up?

I think Toronto media are just under the assumption that if a rebuild isn't done the way Toronto is doing it, it's wrong. We'll see who's farther ahead in the rebuild in 5 years.

Yea Scorched earth will really work with the new lottery system. 

How ironic that if we had a few more wins we could have had the Jets pick! 

Any talk of tanking is ridiculous, seeing as how the standings do not reflect where you will end up picking

I would rather side with JB rather than rely on the league and some bouncing balls to do us a favor! 

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We just finished 28th in the league...Why would we need a "scorched earth" rebuild?

If we're picking up good prospects while letting our young players play with solid vets, why would we wanna blow it up?

I think Toronto media are just under the assumption that if a rebuild isn't done the way Toronto is doing it, it's wrong. We'll see who's farther ahead in the rebuild in 5 years.

Toronto follows Edmontons mold, then they still have seven years to go before they make dumb bold moves. The Oilers still don't know what they have.

10 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Vancouver Canucks

Projected Cap Space: $10,178,752

UFAs: Radim Vrbata, Linden Vey, Dan Hamhuis, Matt Bartkowski, Yannick Weber

RFAs: Andrey Pedan

Team Needs: A scorched-earth rebuild. Jim Benning and Co. appear set on chasing top free agents.

No love for the Canucks on Sportsnet.....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-signing-season-essential-team-info-western-conference/

Just proof that any idiot or troll can get published by Rogers/Leafs/Sportsnet.

4 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Agreed..he's of the analytical breed..who, for whatever reason..has it in for the Canucks..

I think it's common knowledge among Toronto writers now that writing negative stuff about the Canucks gets you recognition.

We fall for it every time. 

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I am not into conspiracy theories or anything,but the Leafs are owned by the the media...Bell/Rogers (who owns TSN,Sportsnet)....Would it not make sense that they  would manipulate how great the Leafs are..(rebuild..etc)..?

Archived