The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need a "scorched earth rebuild"....

Honky Cat

Vancouver Canucks

Projected Cap Space: $10,178,752

UFAs: Radim Vrbata, Linden Vey, Dan Hamhuis, Matt Bartkowski, Yannick Weber

RFAs: Andrey Pedan

Team Needs: A scorched-earth rebuild. Jim Benning and Co. appear set on chasing top free agents.

No love for the Canucks on Sportsnet.....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-signing-season-essential-team-info-western-conference/

Whether we're winning or losing, the media loves to take shots or ignore us. 

We'll see how well Toronto's 'Shan-a-plan' is when they fail to make the playoffs for the next three years and then maybe become a middle-of-the-pack team. 

Well, we are in a rebuild whether we like it or not.

what did you expect? Them to say the Canucks should compete hard for a playoff spot this year? I think they should wait until free agency to make any statements.

however even then this team has to be in the doghouse for a few years and that's fine by me.

would welcome Patrick with open arms!!

What lazy tripe.  A "scorched earth rebuild" would entail what... Trading Tanev and Hansen?  

Any other vets on roster without an NTC?  And while we have a few very nice pieces, Boeser and Juolevi aren't ready yet nor do we have a stable of young talent to fill out the roster.  Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Virtanen spend a good stint in the AHL.

So if we "scorched earth" it - we fill out the roster with the very high-priced UFA's they scoff at JB for chasing or we leave what prospects we do have out to dry by gifting them spots they haven't earned.  Brilliant.

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

no scorch earth plan please...i like benning's approach...have young players learn from core until they can take over as core players...

But what exactly did the youngsters learn last year? How to lose and destroy your confidence? Lots thought McCann was the second coming a month in and then his confidence just went with the season with night after night of offensive troubles. I can't tell you how many nights last season henrik and Daniel repeated the same stuff every night.

I was watching TSN That's Hockey and the guy Dave Poulon said the same thing do they load up in free agents and try to support the Sedins before they decline in another 3 years and wait to truly start rebuilding once the Sedins 14 mil of cap is off the books and Dorsett and Sbisa are gone etc.

Or do they admit they are rebuilding and start a hard rebuild after this year and tell the Sedins we are rebuilding.

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

What lazy tripe.  A "scorched earth rebuild" would entail what... Trading Tanev and Hansen?  

Any other vets on roster without an NTC?  And while we have a few very nice pieces, Boeser and Juolevi aren't ready yet nor do we have a stable of young talent to fill out the roster.  Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Virtanen spend a good stint in the AHL.

So if we "scorched earth" it - we fill out the roster with the very high-priced UFA's they scoff at JB for chasing or we leave what prospects we do have out to dry by gifting them spots they haven't earned.  Brilliant.

Pretty much this ^^^

What dose it really matter what they think. If they keep adding a good prospect each year then will at least be a base to take over when the twins retire.

That would be two more first at least.

50 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

no scorched earth plan please...i like benning's approach...have young players learn from core until they can take over as core players...

joe  . benning is way out of his league,calgary wnnipeg and oilers all got better, i am tired of benning and his mantra we want to make the play offs and retool on the fly, he just plods along hoping something will fall in his lap,all he has done is bring in mediocre players,his vision is to be in the play offs ,get bounced in the first round and pick around 20 th every year at the draft, this year he had the 5 th pick , he ignores the best player rated at 4 or 5 and takes one rated 7 or 8, now whether OJ becomes a good player or not, benning stated about 6 weeks age there is no D man rated in the top 5 , benning might be good at drafting, that has yet to be proven , but he is a poor example of a GM

3 minutes ago, obee said:

joe  . benning is way out of his league,calgary wnnipeg and oilers all got better, i am tired of benning and his mantra we want to make the play offs and retool on the fly, he just plods along hoping something will fall in his lap,all he has done is bring in mediocre players,his vision is to be in the play offs ,get bounced in the first round and pick around 20 th every year at the draft, this year he had the 5 th pick , he ignores the best player rated at 4 or 5 and takes one rated 7 or 8, now whether OJ becomes a good player or not, benning stated about 6 weeks age there is no D man rated in the top 5 , benning might be good at drafting, that has yet to be proven , but he is a poor example of a GM

3 minutes ago, obee said:

that has yet to be proven

Archived