The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

Just now, hatedkid666 said:

weber was the old face

Weber is a great player, and for certain better (now) than .subban.  PK is just perfect to market, especially in the southern states where they might not understand the game like in Montreal.

Just now, Alflives said:

Weber is a great player, and for certain better (now) than .subban.  PK is just perfect to market, especially in the southern states where they might not understand the game like in Montreal.

weber might be better then subban for like 1 more season

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

As you say Nashville might not know as much about hockey - but what a crowd.  They have an amazing atmosphere and it has really picked up over the last couple of years.  In Montreal Guy Lafleur was complaining that Subban is too outgoing - in Nashville they are going to love his personality. 

13 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Rinne is a top 5 goalie. He's not overrated. 

Really top 5? 

Price 

Holtby

Bishop

Lundqvist

Schnieder

Quick

Jones

Luongo

Crawford

Rask

All 10 of these goalie are better thn rinne. Hes definitly one of the overrated goalies in the league and definitly not in top 5.

Josi - Subban could be the best pairing in the league. That's filthy. It's just not fair.

Thinking about it, Subban is a great fit in Nashville. Fun, vibrant city and nice people everywhere. Maybe his personality will be accepted and cherished over there instead. Exciting times! 

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Really top 5? 

Price 

Holtby

Bishop

Lundqvist

Schnieder

Quick

Jones

Luongo

Crawford

Rask

All 10 of these goalie are better thn rinne. Hes definitly one of the overrated goalies in the league and definitly not in top 5.

That name right there is the most overrated goalie in the league. I'd rather have Rinne over anyone on that list outside of Price/Holtby/Bishop/Lundqvist/Rask/Schneider. So I guess I'll drop it down to Top 7. But the other goalies no way are they better than Rinne in a 1v1. They're all great goalies, but I still put Rinne at #7.

Wow. Great trade for Nashvillle. It's going to be weird seeing those two in different jerseys. Especially Subban.  I would hate a player like Weber be a victim of the inevitable decline since he's 30 and Subban is just entering his prime. I love Shea Weber as a player, I've met him personally a couple of years ago and man is he one of the most kind, lovable guys you can find especially how intimidating he looks personally.

Hopefully he doesn't fall victim into the terrible Montreal media just like P.K Subban did. And wtf Marc Bergevin? Whyd you complain to the league if P.K was indeed on the trading market? 

Nashville are going to be a team to look out for. 

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Nah.  Weber was already starting to slow down.  Subban and Josi are going to take over

how is Weber slowing down?  lol do you actually do research or just want to think that?  Weber had 20 goals 51 pts last season, Pk had 51 pts too.  

And if Weber is starting to slow down at age 30, then I guess PK has only 3 years left at his prime....?

4 minutes ago, Xbox said:

That name right there is the most overrated goalie in the league. I'd rather have Rinne over anyone on that list outside of Price/Holtby/Bishop/Lundqvist/Rask/Schneider. So I guess I'll drop it down to Top 7. But the other goalies no way are they better than Rinne in a 1v1. They're all great goalies, but I still put Rinne at #7.

Really quick? 2 stanley cups and hes overrated? How many does rinne got?

Just now, ilduce39 said:

This trade is absolutely atrocious for Montreal.  They lose in every aspect of the deal from what I can see.

Did those two not have NTC's though?

I am utterly shocked that everyone here is acting like SHEA WEBER is nothing lol...When just 2 years ago everyone here was salavating at the potential to sign him as a UFA and even hoping to trade for him just last season.

3 minutes ago, JV77 said:

how is Weber slowing down?  lol do you actually do research or just want to think that?  Weber had 20 goals 51 pts last season, Pk had 51 pts too.  

And if Weber is starting to slow down at age 30, then I guess PK has only 3 years left at his prime....?

I watch the player.  He is slowing down

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

This trade is absolutely atrocious for Montreal.  They lose in every aspect of the deal from what I can see.

Did those two not have NTC's though?

Weber didn't (but his contract is enough of a burden) and Subban's NTC would kick in in a couple days.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I watch the player.  He is slowing down

I don't think you do.  And Subban is just beginning to enter his prime at 27 but Weber is already declining at 30?  So I guess that means PK only has 3 years left before he starts to slow down....

Archived