The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

Weber is absolutely killing it. Maybe these self-professed stat gurus can stop trying to con their way into an NHL dream gig and just go back to their office jobs.

It's not that advanced statistical analysis doesn't have its merits, it's just that vocal bloggers like Travis Jost don't seem to realize their systems are still new and full of holes. So they condescendingly mock proven hockey minds like Bergevin and Benning, even though they themselves have accomplished exactly jack s*** in the hockey world.

33 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

man, Nashville is really hurting.  

He is one the best, if not best defensemen in the league, team Canada member, face of the city, captain of the team.....and they still moved him

PK Subban has the flash and dash offense.  Weber isn't flash but just as good or better offense.  But on top that he is better than Subban in all other areas!  

Quote from SN boards-

• John Madden
  •  
  • Rank 109

@camnewtonrules..Isn't it ironic that Hab fans were in a uproar when P.K. awaited his new contract after a Norris Trophy and everyone 'attacked' Bergevin for taking such a tough line on Contract negotiations and as Hab Loyalists anger grew Mr.Molson stepped in and basically told Bergevin'Shut Up and give him his Money-the fans Love him and were a better team with him'...now after a season where the players ran wild with late night Parties and being caught in bars and some traded as a result..Molson now says'This Trade 'had' to be made as P.K. is at the root of our problems-I mean 'why' else make him the Toast of the town and extoll his virtues only to run him out of town..and at 'what' cost??....taking on Webers 10 year deal through till near 41 at a 8 Mill Cap hit..ironically after being 'torched' and looking awful in Game 7 in Anaheim going -3 in the 1st Period Weber was said to be 'past' his prime..we've seen Markov's drop off from 33-36....just ask Cammi and Halak how Hab fans turn on their own..I can see P.K.lighting it up in Nashville and the outcry within 3 years when P.K. is still 29 and Weber is 34 and 7 more years at 8 mill...

The only thing I'm worried about is Weber's physical longevity. Being in the Shuswap I know a lot of people that know him on a personal level. Many of them say his knee is completely gone and the physical appearance of it is shocking and appalling. 

55 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The only thing I'm worried about is Weber's physical longevity. Being in the Shuswap I know a lot of people that know him on a personal level. Many of them say his knee is completely gone and the physical appearance of it is shocking and appalling. 

Like an empty tube of toothpaste that you've rolled up like a half dozen times?

Weber's doing good now but you guys gotta think about the age factor to. How and many years does he really have left? PK's still a young guy who's still producing. He's 27 and Weber's 31, and Weber's already had injuries that can shorten his career. I feel like right now Montreal won this trade but in the long run, Nashville wins. 

12 hours ago, Michael Scofield said:

Weber's doing good now but you guys gotta think about the age factor to. How and many years does he really have left? PK's still a young guy who's still producing. He's 27 and Weber's 31, and Weber's already had injuries that can shorten his career. I feel like right now Montreal won this trade but in the long run, Nashville wins. 

Weber does more to help the Habs win now, which I believe is the aim for the franchise. They're not going to let the prime years of the best goalie in the world go to waste. 

Also, Nashville will still be stuck with the cap recapture penalty so it's not like their hands are totally clean of the contract.

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Weber does more to help the Habs win now, which I believe is the aim for the franchise. They're not going to let the prime years best goalie in the world go to waste. 

Also, Nashville will still be stuck with the cap recapture penalty so it's not like their hands are totally clean of the contract.

I just feel like both teams got what they wanted. No one really won the trade, the Habs got a great defensemen who is both great defensively and offensively while the Preds got a young offensive defensemen who's gonna be putting up big points for a while. Also, having PK is pretty good for the fanbase, can expect more fans, entertaining guy. 

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Larsson is underrated.

Only because he's being painted as the anti-Christ.

Hall makes every hockey fan's list of top 10 LWs in the league - quite likely most people's top 5s too.

Larsson would struggle to crack anyone's top 50 D, and that's being generous.

2 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

Only because he's being painted as the anti-Christ.

Hall makes every hockey fan's list of top 10 LWs in the league - quite likely most people's top 5s too.

Larsson would struggle to crack anyone's top 50 D, and that's being generous.

Larsen is a defensive d man.  He's like Guddy, but not as tough.  I've watched every Coiler game, but one, and Larsen is really good as a shut down guy.  He's a tougher version of Tanev,. Getting Larsen, Lucic, and Kassian is HUGE for changing the Coiler's culture.  

On 7/19/2016 at 10:06 AM, Odd. said:

It's super weird seeing Subban in that jersey. Even if he were to play another 10 years for Nashville, I would still think him in a Preds jersey is hella weird.

Nasvhille are going to win the cup sometime in the next 10 years. Forsberg, Johansen, Neal, Subban, Wilson, Josi, Rinne's got a few more years left in him. Those are some big names. And they've acquired the first 4 via trades. 

FWIW, a 'tougher Tanev' is a pretty damn good player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived