The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sabres Looking To Move F Evander Kane

b3.

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

I have the same proposal. I think we could get them to keep a bit more of his salary if we throw in a 2nd or 3rd. 

I dont think we should throw out anymore draft picks maybe a 5th or later but not a more valuable 2nd or 3rd. Benning is great at drafting and we need to accumulate more picks.

38 minutes ago, Mr.Mulletandbars said:

Hanson and Sbisa for Kane 500k retained by Sabres. We can then choose to resign Hamhuis or go a different route. I dont like the idea of bringing in free agents but young players with upside is a good idea. 

Too much.  Burrows straight up -- they save a bit of cap this year, and has just the one year left whereas Kane has two.  That's the downside for us, we may end up having to eat that last year if he doesn't get it together... which might mean "nah, not worth it."

I wouldn't mind a go at him ifthe price is right.  He's at that point now where like Kassian he's got 2 strikes, and if he wants to have a career in the NHL he's gotta walk the straight line.  WD might even be a good coach for him, as would the entire organization.  

He doesn't have to be a community saint like the Sedins, just keep it cool off the ice.

If he goes anywhere, he won't be cheap to acquire.  It won't be a giant return either, but the Sabres aren't just going to give him away for another team's cast-offs.

He may still end up working out well for another team or he may self-destruct and end up in prison.

It's unfortunate that the Canucks can't afford to let any good pieces or picks go in a trade because if he was in the same city as his family he would probably be better behaved.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If he goes anywhere, he won't be cheap to acquire.  It won't be a giant return either, but the Sabres aren't just going to give him away for another team's cast-offs.

He may still end up working out well for another team or he may self-destruct and end up in prison.

It's unfortunate that the Canucks can't afford to let any good pieces or picks go in a trade because if he was in the same city as his family he would probably be better behaved.

His value is rock bottom and with a team full of young players keeping him around is a huge mistake, Acquiring him was a mistake. He will be given away.

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

His value is rock bottom and with a team full of young players keeping him around is a huge mistake, Acquiring him was a mistake. He will be given away.

Only time will tell.  If the Sabres are going to buy him out of his contract, they have less than 2 more hours to do so.  If nobody is willing to part with anything of value then they will keep him and keep their fingers crossed that he doesn't continue to screw up.  His teammates like him, so at least he's not a cancer in the locker room.

Archived