The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

3 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Loui Eriksson, while still under performing (pretty much the whole team is) has 19 points. Almost a half a ppg clip. Lucic Has 11 points and only 2 of them are from playing without McDavid. I think it's safe to say McDavid made him better, but Lucic is still a slug and Not playing with Connor anymore. So yeah, I am pretty comfortable in standing by this statement at the half way point of the season. The Oilers are doing well, despite Lucic. He is not really supplementing anyone's offense and seemingly has no ability to create any offense himself either. And they have this for 7 years....

Lucic has 27 pts...

24 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

How convenient. Seems like your grasping at straws man.  I'd take lucic right now over loui.

Not really. 2 points without McDavid 5 on 5. 2!!!!! That team would probably be doing as good as us right now if they didn't have McDavid. At least our guy can do things on his own. Lucic even got replaced by Pat Maroon on that line with Connor and at a fraction of the price. But that's the business. We aren't doing great, but I would rather have the guy who has the ability to create offense. Otherwise you get Anson Carter. I am pretty sure Edmonton didn't sign Lucic to be Anson Carter.

11 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Not really. 2 points without McDavid 5 on 5. 2!!!!! That team would probably be doing as good as us right now if they didn't have McDavid. At least our guy can do things on his own. Lucic even got replaced by Pat Maroon on that line with Connor and at a fraction of the price. But that's the business. We aren't doing great, but I would rather have the guy who has the ability to create offense. Otherwise you get Anson Carter. I am pretty sure Edmonton didn't sign Lucic to be Anson Carter.

Provide some more information and maybe I'll jump on board.  Like how many pts does mcdavid have 5 on 5 since being split up? When was the line split up?

It just seems to me like you threw togather a split stat that sounds bad. Try this on for size. How many points does Daniel sedin have 5 on 5 not playing with Henrik? Must mean hes $&!# right? Very skewed. 

Also I don't care how lucic does away from mcdavid. He was signed to play with mcdavid. Even if he isn't putting up as many pts as he should, he still provides insurance for their franchise player.

• Upvote 1

What I like about Loui is that he always seems to be touching the puck/getting chances.  He's not scoring as much as people would like, but it shows he knows how to create opportunities.  

I know I'm going to get flak for this, and as much as I appreciate Granlund, I really believe Sutter/Eriksson are missing a Hansen like RW who has speed and can dig for pucks for to help with possession.  Loui is great at getting the puck to people in scoring positions, and I think his point totals would be up if there was a little more finish on that line.  

5 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

What I like about Loui is that he always seems to be touching the puck/getting chances.  He's not scoring as much as people would like, but it shows he knows how to create opportunities.  

I know I'm going to get flak for this, and as much as I appreciate Granlund, I really believe Sutter/Eriksson are missing a Hansen like RW who has speed and can dig for pucks for to help with possession.  Loui is great at getting the puck to people in scoring positions, and I think his point totals would be up if there was a little more finish on that line.  

Loui needs a line-mate who can make plays; that's why Granlund is with him.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Loui needs a line-mate who can make plays; that's why Granlund is with him.  

They are already getting initial chances, it is secondary chances and keeping/getting the puck afterwards that seems to be hurting them.  A guy like Hansen would really help since Loui is always sniffing around the net

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

They are already getting initial chances, it is secondary chances and keeping/getting the puck afterwards that seems to be hurting them.  A guy like Hansen would really help since Loui is always sniffing around the net

I guess Granlund could play centre, with Loui and Hansen.  Maybe Megna with those two?  Willie D seems to think Megna has a lot of Hansen's qualities.

Just now, The 5th Line said:

The Twins mostly.  I was just quoting that other guy who said Loui is always getting chances, which literally makes no sense seeing as how Loui didn't get a single shot attempt last night.  He didn't get a single hit or blocked shot either, the guy has been a huge disappointment thus far.  

Isnt it an indication of just how bad we really are that our forward group misses Hansen?  I like Hansen, but really we should not be relying on him to make our top line function.  

38 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

A Hansen would honestly be perfect on any of our top 3 lines. Sadly we don't even have one right now, let alone three.

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Loui played with the Sedins last night and had ZERO shot attempts.  Not shots on goal, we're talking shot attempts here...  

Whereas his linemates had 6.

Loui had 3 takeaways last night as well - so obviously - being the small sample wonders that we are - he's an elite two way setup man.

And Sutter and Baertshi had 4 hits each.  Pure grit.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Whereas his linemates had 6.

Loui had 3 takeaways last night as well - so obviously - being the small sample wonders that we are - he's an elite two way setup man.

And Sutter and Baertshi had 4 hits each.  Pure grit.

i may just have to borrow this phrase from you

and use it a bit

i presently use a variation of "scapegoating willie" a fair bit

Edited by coastal.view

Just now, The 5th Line said:

I won't be surprised if we hear something today about Loui maybe taking some time off with an "upper body injury".  Maybe it wasn't as much his head as it was his neck?  Let's dope he's alright.

When he fell while skating to the bench, that was worrisome. This team is such an injury magnet these days.