The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

LE. Making it happen with the Yotes.

I mean, it's preseason and all...

If Loui rips it up in such a terrible roster, Green should be put on notice. Furthermore, Garland did well in their franchise, but isn't doing so well (so far) in Green's system. I have no idea why some players don't work well in it.

Desjardins/Green didn't work well with Player Name's game.

16 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If Loui rips it up in such a terrible roster, Green should be put on notice. Furthermore, Garland did well in their franchise, but isn't doing so well (so far) in Green's system. I have no idea why some players don't work well in it.

I’m pretty sure both Benning and Green are on notice already!!

Edited by Westcoasting
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I love it when I see some doubt from you regarding the neanderthals coaches running the show here. ::D

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Dazzle said:

really! i am happy Loui is playing well, although it is only pre season., give Garland a chance, he has to learn to play with new linemates                         

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

really! i am happy Loui is playing well, although it is only pre season., give Garland a chance, he has to learn to play with new linemates                         

I believe in Garland. My doubt is with Green.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Green's far from a neanderthal.  Look at Sutter's uncle in Cahlgary and compare.

Green could be Sutters son. Old school with a tid bit modern approach. 
But a long way to go compared to europeen coaches as far as I know. I might have to say northern Europe or even Scandinavia…

On 9/4/2021 at 2:16 PM, RWMc1 said:

It comes from the top then on down. The top two mods are okay with a derogatory emoji with Loui's face on it but at the same time edit it so that you can't even mention his last name on here. Seems petty and childish.

Bieksa commented on how hard it was for some players to come out of slumps because the media and fans turn on them. Who's the next scapegoat? Do we make a despicable emoji of them as well. Confidence isn't the same with everyone.

Lol at the "tough" market here.  They boo'd arguably the greatest goalie of all time in Montreal & ran him out of town.  That's REAL pressure.

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Green could be Sutters son. Old school with a tid bit modern approach. 
But a long way to go compared to europeen coaches as far as I know. I might have to say northern Europe or even Scandinavia…

Maybe the North American approach works better at the NHL level?  How did Krueger do again?

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe the North American approach works better at the NHL level?  How did Krueger do again?

The level is irrelevant.

What’s important is that most players are from NA.

A more modern approach from a coach may lead to disrespect from the NA players par example. I’m not used to this kind of problems from my swedish perspective. 
But if NHL wants to compete with the other sports they have to put things like fighting and other neanderthal ingridients to rest.

Those who want to see fights go to MMA anyway so they’re lost cause.

For families today the bloodthirst is something that is behind them.
The Sedins were a perfect example for family entertainment and it led to the Canucks current stock value.

8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The level is irrelevant.

What’s important is that most players are from NA.

A more modern approach from a coach may lead to disrespect from the NA players par example. I’m not used to this kind of problems from my swedish perspective. 
But if NHL wants to compete with the other sports they have to put things like fighting and other neanderthal ingridients to rest.

Those who want to see fights go to MMA anyway so they’re lost cause.

For families today the bloodthirst is something that is behind them.
The Sedins were a perfect example for family entertainment and it led to the Canucks current stock value.

A "modern" approach results in a buttery soft team that gets smoked in the playoffs.  See Kyle Dumbass in Toronto for an example of what happens when you completely ignore traditional hockey wisdom.