The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

25 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Lol ECHL signing?  Gotta think he still has enough in the tank for decent AHL play (if that's not too demeaning).

I'm not sure how badly he wants to stay in North America, but I do think he's probably either a serviceable 13th forward for many teams or otherwise a solid middle six AHL forward. His defense has almost never been questioned and is reliable in that sense.

On 8/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, -AJ- said:

I'm not sure how badly he wants to stay in North America, but I do think he's probably either a serviceable 13th forward for many teams or otherwise a solid middle six AHL forward. His defense has almost never been questioned and is reliable in that sense.

Unless he pissed away his 10s of millions of dollars and is literally flat broke, no one at his age is going to ride the bus in the AHL for half a mil per season. Doesn't happen....

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I highly doubt that even an AHL coach would tolerate LE's floating.  

Didn’t Green love Loui, and play him in a lot of situations?  Isn’t that proof an AHL coach will tolerate Loui?  :frantic:

Edited by Alflives

On 8/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, Robert_G said:

Unless he pissed away his 10s of millions of dollars and is literally flat broke, no one at his age is going to ride the bus in the AHL for half a mil per season. Doesn't happen....

He lost a bucket load of $$  on his restaurant business

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2022 at 11:22 AM, Muttley said:

I gotta tell you, when news came down, I put my hands to my face and mumbled, for ---- sake! :picard:

If it was only 3 years that would have been fine. The term is what killed it. You got to remember there wasn't much in free agency that year. And the Canucks needed all the help they could get. If Eriksson's agent wouldn't budge on the 6 year thing. Jim should have walked away. There was a lot of regret that offseason not just in Vancouver. Edmonton as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

what when did that happen?

It seems like it was only 6 years ago that he was putting up 6 goals a season for us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1