The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

4 hours ago, crobar said:

Once again YOU said this situation put pressure on the fans, does that not mean you felt pressure or do you presume to speak for us other fans who all felt pressure but not you.Or maybe its just a case of I dont say what I mean when I say what I mean.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. How can the fans feel any pressure? The fans are the aggressive ones... 

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2019 at 7:06 AM, Timråfan said:

The headlines, other journos and some fans assumptions made it look worse than it was. 

I was nearly alone here to think Benning was really bad when he talked about both Dahlen and the Loui situation. Not GM material. 

The rest of the fans jumped the bandwagon and it's not pretty. Benning isn`t paid to start fires or put more wood on the fire. He is paid to make the brand Vancouver Canucks as popular as it can be. Wich he isn't when he makes dumb comments like he has. 

The swedish journalist didn't stand up for Loui if the journo wasn't a stupid one that not knows how fans react in Canada. 

Benning should have said something like: We all know journalist loves a bad headline but I will talk with him as soon as he's back from his vacation. 

It't been a long season for him so i hope he enjoys the summer with his family. //

If Benning had said something like that he would have taken some pressure of the situation and fans, some anyway, knows that it's not a big deal. 

Read the last sentence in this post, and I take it you meant off the situation and fans, this implies to me that you meant pressure on the fans or how could he take it off. 

27 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Sounds like Loui is ghosting Benning for quite some time now. This makes me lose a lot, if not all, respect for him, if true. I wonder if the two sides may agree to terminate the contract? 

That would be perfect. Open up a roster spot for a player that actually has a pulse.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Sounds like Loui is ghosting Benning for quite some time now. This makes me lose a lot, if not all, respect for him, if true. I wonder if the two sides may agree to terminate the contract? 

I don’t think Eriksson could handle this new season playing like he has the last few..  media has been kind to him, . Fans here care about their team, and a player who should be able to amass 30-40 pts per season  for the contract he signed, should be performing as such.

I think LE’s latest comments about ice time, deployment, and Coach Green are Defensive, and a devising way to take the pressure off himself to be the same player, and throw his excuses on the ice before he actually la es them up.

Sometimes they say, a man has to look in the mirror to find out where his bad days start.

Benning himself, really has said nothing over the past few seasons to “protect “ LE.. and rightfully so..  I think in the “Art of War” it states..  if you can catch a man biting his tongue,  there is an opportunity for him to lose it.

... or maybe I just made it up.   Regardless, Benning has the upper hand on Eriksson, and a clear reason to react.

Benning should not be scrutinized over the contract he gave to Eriksson..   Eriksson should be scrutinized more for how he has performed over his time here..  He has been given opportunities to succeed, and has not.

How many years with the Sedins on the PP?

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, crobar said:

Read the last sentence in this post, and I take it you meant off the situation and fans, this implies to me that you meant pressure on the fans or how could he take it off. 

The pressure of the Situation And the fans, some anyway, knows it's not a big deal(don't have any reason to be aggressive) . The fans did something other than felt the pressure. Wich word should I use so you don't misunderstand the sentance? 

27 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The pressure of the Situation And the fans, some anyway, knows it's not a big deal(don't have any reason to be aggressive) . The fans did something other than felt the pressure. Wich word should I use so you don't misunderstand the sentance? 

Du gör inte stavfel, vissa med svensk bakgrund skulle göra men din charade är säker med mig.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

The pressure of the situation And the fans. Does this not imply pressure of the situation plus fans too, also.

21 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Benning on 650 this afternoon confirmed LE hasn’t even returned his calls

0C532E92-B4CC-4420-B274-EC28B85C9494.png

Loui isn’t returning his boss’s calls?  Wow!  If Loui doesn’t report to the team, clearly team won’t pay him.  Can the Canucks just kill Loui’s contract for non performance?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui isn’t returning his boss’s calls?  Wow!  If Loui doesn’t report to the team, clearly team won’t pay him.  Can the Canucks just kill Loui’s contract for non performance?  

Mutually agree to terminate?  Not sure what options are available beyond a trade. Waivers hopefully if can’t be traded.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

Mutually agree to terminate?  Not sure what options are available beyond a trade. Waivers hopefully if can’t be traded.

Sure sounds like Loui isn’t coming back, even if we wanted him to.  Do you think Loui is so out of touch with his play that he thinks he can be traded?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure sounds like Loui isn’t coming back, even if we wanted him to.  Do you think Loui is so out of touch with his play that he thinks he can be traded?  

Who knows Alf.  Sounds like that bridge is a roaring fire now. Nothing will happen until after July 1 when is “bonus” is paid, even though not earned. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

Who knows Alf.  Sounds like that bridge is a roaring fire now. Nothing will happen until after July 1 when is “bonus” is paid, even though not earned. 

I just heard Wisbrod’s comments about Loui on 650.  He said Loui’s recent comments at the world’s only made a situation the team and Loui had been discussing for a year public.  Wow!  Loui has been whining about his deployment under Green for a friggin’ year.  Wisbrod finished by saying he sees a solution.  He didn’t say what that is though.  Like you say, we will know more after Loui gets his bonus July 1.  Fingers crossed it’s like you suggest:  a mutual nullification of his contract.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think Eriksson could handle this new season playing like he has the last few..  media has been kind to him, . Fans here care about their team, and a player who should be able to amass 30-40 pts per season  for the contract he signed, should be performing as such.

I think LE’s latest comments about ice time, deployment, and Coach Green are Defensive, and a devising way to take the pressure off himself to be the same player, and throw his excuses on the ice before he actually la es them up.

Sometimes they say, a man has to look in the mirror to find out where his bad days start.

Benning himself, really has said nothing over the past few seasons to “protect “ LE.. and rightfully so..  I think in the “Art of War” it states..  if you can catch a man biting his tongue,  there is an opportunity for him to lose it.

... or maybe I just made it up.   Regardless, Benning has the upper hand on Eriksson, and a clear reason to react.

Benning should not be scrutinized over the contract he gave to Eriksson..   Eriksson should be scrutinized more for how he has performed over his time here..  He has been given opportunities to succeed, and has not.

How many years with the Sedins on the PP?

Couldn’t have said it better.  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1