The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

45 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Loui was brought in and signed to be a top six player. He has not come close to living up to the expectations placed on him especially considering what he is being paid. His dismal performance from what was has got him to where he is now. He is not the first veteran player to be sent down to the minors and will not be the last as many teams have resorted to that if a player drastically under performs while under contract. It is neither unfair nor likely to have any negative spin attached to it. My guess is that JB will try to move him to another team first if he can make it a workable proposition. If that fails he is more than likely Utica bound.... as he should be based on his sub par performance. 

You can spin your narrative any way you choose but this whole debacle falls directly on Loui's shoulders.

Well, i've not seen many fans talking of him as bad for bottom six. Just bad for the money he got... 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Much as I harp on Loui, I wouldn't want to deal him for Lucic.  At least Loui can play a role in the bottom six.  Might as sign GSP to a PTO if we need fists on the bench.

I agree with most on here, Lucic would have to come with a massive sweetener, which it doesn't sound like Holland is interested in. 

This is Holland from the Edmonton season ticket holder event on Thursday. Sure seems like he's keen on hanging on to pick #8 and the youth they have. So I highly doubt a Loui-Looch 1:1 thing is in the cards at all from Bennings pov, and if Holland isn't parting with youth then I think its Utica for Loui. 

"Well, obviously we got pick eight," Holland started. "We're going to get a really good player. That's the great news. We've got some good, young defencemen in the organization. When people talk philosophy, do you go for the best player, do you go for position? I think that there's a lot of players that are really close and I know that we're going to add a really good, young player to the organization."

"We've got to get deeper up front and we certainly got to get another goaltender so we have a two-goaltender system. I think those are the most important things over the next ten days. Then obviously right after that, July 1st, is unrestricted Free Agency and we're certainly going to explore the market to see if there's a player or two that makes us better."

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-holland-highlights-priorities-ahead-of-nhl-draft-free-agency/c-307854906?tid=281885062

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, i've not seen many fans talking of him as bad for bottom six. Just bad for the money he got... 

I'm not disputing his ability to play bottom six but that was not what he was signed for and he is well aware of that. His failure to play up to the level of play his contract dictated has put him in this situation and that is entirely his doing.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Loui can play top six in Utica and be kind of a player coach too.  Maybe that’s whats best for both sides?  

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

We're not talking about Utica as the suitable place for a player. 

So in this case either you misunderstand or put out a load of crap because it's me you're talking to. 

Loui might not be a top 6 player but he isn't a Utica player either. 

Wich means that if he gets to Utica it's either a punishment or bullying with a purpose to force him from the club. 

When an action like this is unfair it's something that will give a negative spin. 

If he isn't making the Canuck roster and is Canuck property, then Utica is a logical place.   It isn't "punishment", it simply means he didn't make the team.

Why do you try and spin everything in a manner that makes it sound like there is a conspiracy?    Trolling is one thing, creating false narratives about professional hockey management is another and far from tasteful.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The point is....why would he refuse? It is a silly made up narrative.

Some one please correct me if I’m wrong,. But hasn’t Eriksson made around 20 million usd or more, most of it front loaded.?

. thought I read somewhere that he is only actually paid 1m per year with what’s contractually remaining..  even though it effects our Cap by 5 or 6m per.  

So even though he effects our Cap this way,. Why would he sit on the pine in Utica for a million per.?

Buy out..   opportunity to try elsewhere and be happy.

TODAY= June 15 2019 is his buyout eligibility I beleive.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/loui-eriksson 

Edited by SilentSam

9 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm not disputing his ability to play bottom six but that was not what he was signed for and he is well aware of that. His failure to play up to the level of play his contract dictated has put him in this situation and that is entirely his doing.

Nope, it's easy for a coach to make a player look bad. 

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The point is....why would he refuse? It is a silly made up narrative.

Well it's up to him, but if he's sent to Utica, he may not enjoy that. If he's willing to "toil" in the AHL riding busses to make $6M, then he'll still make his money, but I could see a lot of NHL players refuse to drop down to that level, particularly when they've been so good in the past as Eriksson has.

For what it's worth, I don't see that situation playing out and I think it's likely that Eriksson is either in the NHL with the Canucks or another team, or he goes to the SHL; I don't the AHL as a likely destination for him.

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

That is one of the dumbest comments that I have heard on here in awhile.

Why would any coach do that??? It would not be in his or the teams best interests.

As I said before; you can spin it or troll as much as you want but the bottom line is that Loui did not live up to expectations as a top six forward and that is not because the coach didn't give him ample opportunities to produce over the last few years.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Maybe, but certainly not on purpose.  I’m sure Green likes his job, which is to put each player in the right situation to play their best, and help his team win games.  

I understand you’re argument in defending Loui’s play is based on Green not being the right coach for Loui, but IMO Loui’s skills have dropped off (because of age) to the point where he’s no longer able to play in the league. 

• Upvote 2

Coach green did everything he could for Loui, even defend him to the press,  that is a sign of a good coach . Loui is being very ungrateful to the coach, team and the organization.  Green did nothing  to make him look bad, if anything Loui owes him an apology.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

Coach green did everything he could for Loui, even defend him to the press,  that is a sign of a good coach . Loui is being very ungrateful to the coach, team and the organization.  Green did nothing  to make him look bad, if anything Loui owes him an apology.

Is what Loui said to that reporter really that much different than what Duchene said in that Uber taxi?  Basically they both players blamed their coach for their own poor play.  I think both Loui and Duchene didn’t think their comments would be heard by their coaches too.  Loui was hiding behind the idea he was hidden in Sweden, and Duchene was hidden in a taxi.  

Do we really want these kinds of selfish players on our team?  Would the Twins have ever placed blame for their play on anyone but themselves?  Would Marcus?  Would Trevor?  Would Smyle, Would Kirtenback?  Will Bo ever do that?  Will Petey?  

We need to dump Loui.  Get him the hell out of our room.  

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

It's easy to make excuses but Eriksson has not flourished under two coaches. Most recently, he has played poorly on the international ice.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe, but certainly not on purpose.  I’m sure Green likes his job, which is to put each player in the right situation to play their best, and help his team win games.  

I understand you’re argument in defending Loui’s play is based on Green not being the right coach for Loui, but IMO Loui’s skills have dropped off (because of age) to the point where he’s no longer able to play in the league. 

You're reading too much into what I write. I'm not defending Louis play. I know too little. 

What I say is that it's easy for a coach to make a player look bad. If Green does it on purpose or if Loui don't fit in Greens game or if Loui is just old is something I doesn't know. 

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is what Loui said to that reporter really that much different than what Duchene said in that Uber taxi?  Basically they both players blamed their coach for their own poor play.  I think both Loui and Duchene didn’t think their comments would be heard by their coaches too.  Loui was hiding behind the idea he was hidden in Sweden, and Duchene was hidden in a taxi.  

Do we really want these kinds of selfish players on our team?  Would the Twins have ever placed blame for their play on anyone but themselves?  Would Marcus?  Would Trevor?  Would Smyle, Would Kirtenback?  Will Bo ever do that?  Will Petey?  

We need to dump Loui.  Get him the hell out of our room.  

Loui wasn't hiding in Sweden. Where did you get that idea from? Today everything in media comes to a GMs attention if it's about the team. 

I've said before it's about a journalist reading this and other fans forums and know more about what to talk about. 

If fans spew hate on sides like this, do you really believe it goes unnoticed? 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

It's easy to make excuses but Eriksson has not flourished under two coaches. Most recently, he has played poorly on the international ice.

It's not an excuse, more about broaden the horizon. If fans understand more of what can happen fans might think for a while before posting ignorance. 

Fixed 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 3