The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Review?

Adarsh Sant

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

GMMG out GM'd again :D

I never said MG didn't make any good moves. He just didn't seem to know when he needed to reload with a fresh look. When and if JB is replaced we'll be saying the same about him.

2 minutes ago, #1Luongofan said:

That didn't take long jb fanboy continue being delusional thinking JB is the right guy for the job

Sooo you troll Internet forums to act tough and not contribute any actual sustenance to the thread? Neat. I wish we had more fans like you. 

On 7/10/2016 at 0:06 PM, ThaShady1 said:

Sooo you troll Internet forums to act tough and not contribute any actual sustenance to the thread? Neat. I wish we had more fans like you. 

It's hardly trolling when I'm speaking the truth only reason I'm giving him a 1 because of making one decent move which is signing Eriksson

On 7/7/2016 at 11:12 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

3/10.

we have to rate on results not potential and even if we did that there isn't much to go on.

this team has absolutely no future elite talent unless demko, juolevi and boeser all go to plan and then better then expected but what are the chances of that happening.

his trades are not very good.

and for all the praise of his drafting skills it remains to be seen.

7/10

We will make the playoffs with this roster. Make.

I liked the Pizza signing.

I like Dorsett

I like the Gud trade

I like the drafting

Glad Hammer found his game post TDL where he certainly was playing for a contract.

The top 6 is still pretty squishy.

I would have rather we did a stealth tank, but whatever. I'm still here.

I don't care for the crack pot behind the bench.

I really like two of the trades Bearschi an Gud,

the drafting an stock piling picks is dissapointing especially in year three.( we draft an trade#1 picks like no tomorrow).Boesr draft may be his best pick to prove out yet?

The free agency pick ups to be fair have been 55/50 .

i am not a fan of the coach have seen enough of his games so 45/100 here would be tough love.

Has not really demonstrated cap savvy management to me but may have sightless overrated score here.

Potential is potential until realized ,so maybe he has 18 months to drag team out of doldrums an right the ship.there are a lot of good signs with foundational parts being put in place. I hope he can do it in Van but suggest it is at this point in time still a coin flip 50/50 .

If this team makes play offs I will take it in stride 50/50 if not there will always be next year.

image.jpeg

I have said this before, and I will say it again:

Benning's legacy, will be his oft touted and rarely understood "culture change".

What does this mean?  Benning immediately recognized problematic individuals within the dressing room.  The photo bombing, dramatic twitter posting, shallow witted jokers are gone.  Character players with real leadership qualities are in.

Mike Gillis' New Age Country Club has been dismantled.

I really like how he is building the team from the goal out.

Goalie situation is ....Awsome

D situation is...... Even more awsome with Size & Grit

Offense is..... well lets see.... our fist line is now Tops

second line if healthy , should be okay

third line ... should be awsome

fourth line is gonna score lots against other teams 4th line.

This right now That should get us to the playoffs , then we see, I am excited.....

Love his drafting... especially this year's pick Juolevi... and some of his picks in 2nd,  3rd or later rounds.. it's not just the 1st rounders I'm excited about now and I'm not sure it's ever been like this for Canucks fans..

Wish he was more patient at development, particularly with Virtanen and McCann. He better not rush Juolevi. Might ruin a great career if he does rush him. If developed properly Juolevi will be the best Dman in the league at his prime.

Above average at trades but I really like the Gudbranson trade.. I think he's a # 4 Dman but his size, grit and age (only 24) make this a very appealing player.. 

Business side of things I am not impressed.  JB is a good hockey man but he's no executive. 

Overall he's done a good job. I'd give him a B.

He's replenished our prospect pool and 26 and under players. He has accomplished a lot in a short time. 

6/10

I do not agree with the direction this team is heading. I do not agree with his mentality regarding young players (Proven>potential) and I do not agree with his push for this 'winning culture' agenda.

Do you think Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Crosby, Doughty, Kopitar came into teams with established winning cultures?

To make the NHL a winning mentality is mandatory.

He gets a 6 because at least he's backing up what he's saying and doing the best he can given the circumstances.

1 minute ago, Mathew Barzal said:

6/10

I do not agree with the direction this team is heading. I do not agree with his mentality regarding young players (Proven>potential) and I do not agree with his push for this 'winning culture' agenda.

Do you think Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Crosby, Doughty, Kopitar came into teams with established winning cultures?

To make the NHL a winning mentality is mandatory.

He gets a 6 because at least he's backing up what he's saying and doing the best he can given the circumstances.

MB can you expand on what you think of the direction of this team and where it's headed. I'm curious about that because I think a lot of fans feel that way. 

On July 10, 2016 at 0:03 PM, #1Luongofan said:

That didn't take long jb fanboy continue being delusional thinking JB is the right guy for the job

What has JB done that's so awful? He has rebuilt the defense and got Demko for the future. Our backend is set. He got Boeser at 23rd who looks like a steal. He lost the lotto which isn't his fault... Juolevi will be one of the top 4 players from this draft mark my words. 

5 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-much-confidence-does-each-nhl-fan-base-have-in-their-front-office-a-ranking-of-all-30-teams/

Really good friend of mine sent me this link. I found it amusing that we're dead last. Thoughts?

"Just over 200 people responded to the survey. Here’s how much confidence they have with every team on a scale from 1-to-10."

:rolleyes:

it's too early to judge.. but not a fan of some of the moves he makes.. i don't care how he words it etc etc.. we are trading away player with high ceiling for player that's further along but lower ceiling.. or players that didn't quite reach their ceiling.. Shinkaruk>Grunlund in talent.. one can even argue how much ahead is Grunlund really.. but at least Shinkaruk have potential to be a top 6.. vs Grunlund won't be anything better than a bottom 6... 

Archived