The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

San Jose Sharks introduce new logos

San Jose Sharks introduce awesome new logos

BarDown Staff (@BarDown) Aug. 10, 2016 12:58 AM

sjs_3487.jpg

(Image via San Jose Sharks)

The San Jose Sharks have unveiled some brand new secondary logos. The team announced on Tuesday that they will be adding new, updated logos to the jerseys. The logos were designed by Terry Smith, who also happened to design the team’s original logo. Without further ado, here they are. 

20160809-secondary-logos.jpg

(Image via Sharks.NHL.com) The team will not debut the new logos until the 2017-18 season, but the new look will not replace the current one. Instead, the team decided they are going to go ahead and use both the old and new logos as they please. 

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?San%2BJose%2BSharks%2Bintroduce%2Bawesome%2Bnew%2Blogos&id=586718

What do you guys think of the new logos?

I personally like the new logo(s) better. I think they look pretty slick. Looks more aggressive IMO.

Maybe this will solve the issue of them choking.... :bigblush:

WoMcQkC.jpg

Not bad.

SJ has always had good PR/Marketing people in their organization.

I've been to many games in their rink dating back to the 'Cow Palace' Era, always a great experience! 

Can their original logo be considered 'classic' yet?

1 minute ago, PlanB said:

Not bad.

I've been to many games in their rink dating back to the 'Cow Palace' Era, always a great experience! 

It's the logo I grew up with them having (31), so I would personally consider them to be classic, but I guess that is subjective. However I personally like the new logo(s) better. Looks more aggressive IMO.

26 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Killer Whales have been known to kill Sharks. Does that mean we win?...

Usually its 3 or 4 orcas against one shark.  Pussy fighting, just like a bunch thugs swarming someone when they walk away.  All the more reason to change our logo:ph34r:

51 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Not bad.

They've had that logo for just under 25 years, which is actually longer than the Canucks have kept any one logo...

so yeah. 

Love the new logo. I think having the same artist design the logos help keep a sense of familiarity between the two.

Don't mind them, but don't see a main logo out of that. The first of the three could be (although they've way oversized the dorsal fin particularly in that logo). The SJ logo is a great one though for a shoulder patch.

I don't mind their main logo now, but there is very much the joke around the center portion of the stick getting stuck. I'd be all for them updating to these full time.

Archived