The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Today Sports - 2016-17 NHL Projections

AriGold

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Here's the stud who predicted outcomes for USA Today. This picture was shortly after he slaughtered 12 Krispy Kremes.

1381259092000-Allen-Kevin-USAT.jpg

Someone get him a toothbrush. 

In all seriousness, everyone has us pinned dead last. Our 1st round pick couldn't have any more valuable than it does right now... why not trade it for Columbus's + 

Van 1st to Columbus for CBJ 1st + Atkinson? 

23 minutes ago, John McClane said:

I think they over valued Dal and StL. And short changed the Jets. I'm not surprised the Canucks are picked last. Eastern Canada can't speak intelligently about the Canucks. How could an American publication possibly do any better. 

I agree. Dallas hasn't fixed their Defence or goal tending.   Also does a healthy Carey Price really fix the Habs offensive issues that much?!  I mean 101 pts seems a little high.   If i read that correctly the Pacific Division will be the worst in the league.  Even so I don't see how Calgary improves that much.  Calgary's defence is a step down from what STL had last year, so I don't see Elliot performing as well as last year.  And do the Sharks have enough left in the tank to win the division?  Their team is just getting older.  Was last year an anomaly?   

Just now, apollo said:

Someone get him a toothbrush.

In all seriousness, everyone has us pinned dead last. Our 1st round pick couldn't have any more valuable than it does right now... why not trade it for Columbus's + 

Van 1st to Columbus for CBJ 1st + Atkinson? 

He brushes with donuts.

If, by chance, the Canucks do suck wind, which I highly doubt, and pick 1st overall, there is no way they pass up on using that pick. That would be insane.

Use the pick, and don't trust those jackasses in Columbus. They hired Torts, FFS!

I am actually starting to get less ticked off by these pundits all coming out and putting us last.

It is starting to make me happy, because I can't wait until Christmas when we are sitting in a playoff spot (albeit barely)... while the Leafs and Edmonton are again at the bottom of the standings.... and those same pundits saying no one could see those things coming.  I hope the team sees it as motivation and the opponents take us lightly.  I think there is still some glee in other media in ripping us as we were at the top of the heap for a long time and that makes people envious and spiteful.

One of the Penguins bloggers just put us at the bottom as well, with some harsh words.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ryan-Wilson/Pacific-Division-Preview/177/79659

I stick to my story that we are somewhere between the team of two years ago (when everything went right and a bunch of players had career seasons) and last year's team (where everything went wrong and a bunch of players had the worst seasons of their careers).  That puts us in the 90-95 point range at the end of the season and fighting for a wildcard spot.

I think Anaheim and LA are due to get worse this year.  Dallas has all the making of having the biggest drop in points this year with injuries already and a questionable defence.  Calgary and Winnipeg are probably right close to us in terms of wildcard play.

Archived