The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

8 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Exactly if we are trading Tanev to the Sabres it is for Reinhart

Or their 1st rounder, which is more likely than Reinhart IMO. I know there's been some talk about Buffalo trading Reinhart but I don't see it myself. Buffalo needs to push for a playoff spot this year and Reinhart will help them do that. Their 8th OA pick however is a different story. 

The more I think about it, Buffalo is probably a much more realistic trade partner than Dallas. It keeps Tanev out east and we'd get to keep our 2nd round picks (assuming Tanev's value comes in around the 8th OA pick). We'd still get our C at 5th and one of the top D at 8th. It might not be as flashy as 3rd and 5th but it's still DAMN good and we'd also have both 2nd rounders. 

31 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Loui is a high scoring 2-way player.  If he returns to his Boston form, you won't be asking that question, Alf.

Re: Kane.  Not a player for our team.  Besides, signing Kane would mean losing one of Baer of Granny.  No thanks.

Louie is 31 years old,. 36 years at contract end.  "IF he returns to Boston form". Sounds like a snowball headed for hell at this point.

Evander is 25 years.   Get his contracted extended to 5x5 and trade him for Tanev...  the Canucks need more gunslingers, not choirboys,. This is the West.

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously...how in the hell does JB give this guy 6x6?

Well he scored 30 goals and over 60 points in the final year of his contract.  And he had past chemistry with the Sedins on the international stage.

If you look at Louie's track record he has up and down seasons. I bet next year he returns to form and shows us what he's got.  

Hindsight is 20/20.  It made a lot of sense at the time to sign him.  I think it will end up working out in the long Run,  I do wish we never gave him 6 years though. 

10 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Or their 1st rounder, which is more likely than Reinhart IMO. I know there's been some talk about Buffalo trading Reinhart but I don't see it myself. Buffalo needs to push for a playoff spot this year and Reinhart will help them do that. Their 8th OA pick however is a different story. 

The more I think about it, Buffalo is probably a much more realistic trade partner than Dallas. It keeps Tanev out east and we'd get to keep our 2nd round picks (assuming Tanev's value comes in around the 8th OA pick). We'd still get our C at 5th and one of the top D at 8th. It might not be as flashy as 3rd and 5th but it's still DAMN good and we'd also have both 2nd rounders. 

Yes I do find it hard to believe BUF would trade Reinhart but weirder things have happened. I would trade Tanev to Buffalo for 8th overall on draft day if Cale Makar is still on the board.

Trading for Evander Kane is not a good move whatsoever. I truly hope it doesn't happen.

He only started turning it on last season when Eichel went god mode for the 2nd half of the season.  Eichel was the highest scoring player in the league the last half of the year And I think Kane was just along for the ride.  This franchise doesn't need this guys ego in the room. Buffalo can keep him.

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

We already have enough middle 6 forwards. 

Use Tanev for something more high end than Kane's overrated ass. If we should be targeting anything from Buffalo, we should be targeting Reinhart. 

I'd do Tanev + 33rd OA + Subban for Reinhart. But like I said, I don't think Buffalo is interested in trading him.

Bottom line is we need a C with 1st line potential and a PP QB dman. We need to fill one of those holes in any trade involving Tanev. Reinhart and their 1st rounder are the only assets I would target from Buffalo.

1 hour ago, ynwa said:

It's so sad when you see a player like Kane, it happens in most sports from time to time. A guy comes along with all the tools to become a blue chipper, but their personality/self-control, whatever you want to call it just won't let them do it. What a waste! :(

He scored 28 goals in 70 games... what a waste

I can't see us acquiring Kane without having to send Tanev the other way (obviously in a package). Other than Reinhart, Buffalo doesn't really have any pieces that I'd want in return if I were to ship Tanev. Their prospect pool isn't really enticing and rather weak if I may add. Also, I feel like we can sign Kane in FA next year for free, so I'd rather not give up pieces for Kane right now.

wouldn't be surprised if Jakes name is being bandied about in some of these trades.

Think Benning(and Green) have seen the future and don't like Jakes path.

There is still probably a reasonable market for a top 6 pick from a couple yrs ago.

Florida duped us into taking Gudbranson...and paying like he was a legit top 10 pick.

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I can't see us acquiring Kane without having to send Tanev the other way (obviously in a package). Other than Reinhart, Buffalo doesn't really have any pieces that I'd want in return if I were to ship Tanev. Their prospect pool isn't really enticing and rather weak if I may add. Also, I feel like we can sign Kane in FA next year for free, so I'd rather not give up pieces for Kane right now.

What about Tanev + Baertschi/Virtanen + Subban for Reinhart and Kane?

5 minutes ago, nickels said:

wouldn't be surprised if Jakes name is being bandied about in some of these trades.

Think Benning(and Green) have seen the future and don't like Jakes path.

There is still probably a reasonable market for a top 6 pick from a couple yrs ago.

Florida duped us into taking Gudbranson...and paying like he was a legit top 10 pick.

A lot of Panther fans and even one of their players (Willie Mitchell) were upset that Florida traded Gudbranson. So I don't think we can look at last year and say we got duped in that trade. Give it another year. We don't really know what we have in Gudbranson yet. 

Not a chance I'm for trading Tanev for him, not unless he comes in some package along with Reinhart

I don't know why all the hate on the guy.  There are lots of A holes in pro sports and this team needs some swagger and attitude.  The only question for me is what kind of teammate he'd be.  He didn't endear himself with his Jets' teammates but has anyone heard similar rumours about his relationship with Sabres players?

I don't condone anything the guy has or has not allegedly done off the ice, but come on, he seemed to cut all the stuff out and play well last year when he was in the lineup.  People do grow up and some great athletes had to grow up before they were great.  If he comes cheap I'd happily welcome him to the Canucks,   

Archived