The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The only way I make a deal for Kane is if it involves Buffalo's 8th overall coming back our way.

That would be the exact deal I would be looking for....8th and Kane for Tanev and a reasonable + (55th pick?).  This is a far better deal than the 3OA from Dallas, or 17th and Kapanen from Toronto that are being thrown around.  Kane steps in and is our most talented and impactful player aside from Horvat.... and by a significant margin.  

27 YO 30 goal power forwards rarely if ever make it to  free agency.  If he does, we either won't be the ones to sign him, or it will cost far more on the open market.  Just because he is from Vancouver does not mean that he automatically sign with us.  Aside from Hamhuis, how many BC born players sign with us out of free agency.

If we have the chance to pick up Kane, and one of Glass, Necas, Mittlestead, Vilardi, Makar, Heiskanen, or Petterson in exchange for Tanev and a +, we need to make that trade.  The fact that Kane is a UFA at seasons end does not  have to take away from the trade value.  We can negotiate with him in advance, or they add a conditional pick based upon him signing.  

On 6/7/2017 at 11:13 PM, messier's_elbow said:

Lol Buffalo doesn't want Erickson. 6 million dollar plug last year. 

I'm sorry but Eriksson isn't as bad as he played last year.  A lot of teams would be happy to have him on their team.  He is just not a fit here with where we are. Buffalo is a few years ahead of us and could use a guy like him.

2006-07  Dallas Stars                NHL    59    6   13   19   18   4   0   1   1   0
2007-08  Dallas Stars                NHL    69   14   17   31   28  18   4   4   8   8
2008-09  Dallas Stars                NHL    82   36   27   63   14  --  --  --  --  --
2009-10  Dallas Stars                NHL    82   29   42   71   26  --  --  --  --  --
2010-11  Dallas Stars                NHL    79   27   46   73    8  --  --  --  --  --
2011-12  Dallas Stars                NHL    82   26   45   71   12  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Dallas Stars                NHL    48   12   17   29    8  --  --  --  --  --
2013-14  Boston Bruins               NHL    61   10   27   37    6  12   2   3   5   4
2014-15  Boston Bruins               NHL    81   22   25   47   14  --  --  --  --  --
2015-16  Boston Bruins               NHL    82   30   33   63   12  --  --  --  --  --
2016-17  Vancouver Canucks           NHL    65   11   13   24    8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         NHL Totals                        790  223  305  528  154  34   6   8  14  12

27 minutes ago, Statman said:

I'm sorry but Eriksson isn't as bad as he played last year.  A lot of teams would be happy to have him on their team.  He is just not a fit here with where we are. Buffalo is a few years ahead of us and could use a guy like him.

2006-07  Dallas Stars                NHL    59    6   13   19   18   4   0   1   1   0
2007-08  Dallas Stars                NHL    69   14   17   31   28  18   4   4   8   8
2008-09  Dallas Stars                NHL    82   36   27   63   14  --  --  --  --  --
2009-10  Dallas Stars                NHL    82   29   42   71   26  --  --  --  --  --
2010-11  Dallas Stars                NHL    79   27   46   73    8  --  --  --  --  --
2011-12  Dallas Stars                NHL    82   26   45   71   12  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Dallas Stars                NHL    48   12   17   29    8  --  --  --  --  --
2013-14  Boston Bruins               NHL    61   10   27   37    6  12   2   3   5   4
2014-15  Boston Bruins               NHL    81   22   25   47   14  --  --  --  --  --
2015-16  Boston Bruins               NHL    82   30   33   63   12  --  --  --  --  --
2016-17  Vancouver Canucks           NHL    65   11   13   24    8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         NHL Totals                        790  223  305  528  154  34   6   8  14  12

There isn't one team in the NHL that would take Eriksson. Having said that, he didn't have a great 1st year in Boston and turned it around. Hopefully he does it again for us. 

23 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

There isn't one team in the NHL that would take Eriksson. Having said that, he didn't have a great 1st year in Boston and turned it around. Hopefully he does it again for us. 

And 4 great years in Dallas .  I'm not saying it would be easy to move Eriksson but he is better than what he showed last year.  One bad year doesn't say he is washed up.

Benning might rather try to get the 8oa + Kane  for tanev + 2nd rder/s rather than the 3rd oa

It make more sense for him to acquire kane+ 8 rather than just the 3rd oa since hes been vocal about being competitive and need of scoring. Plus they had interest in acquiring kane in the past. He'll probably pull the trigger if pettersson or makar is still on board when buffalo picks.

15 hours ago, cdubuya said:

Yes... After sending Luca Sbisa for Evander Kane (I think Buff may need to add a bit to this).... I think it would be shrewd to package Baer to Philly or Ana....maybe for one (why not two?) of Fowler and/or Lindholm,  or Ghost and/or Provorov

Yeah, ok it does look a little silly to think Sbisa gets Kane back. But I would hope JB wouldn't offer anything more. Maybe a conditional pick if re-signed.

I guess I was reading too much into the idea that Buffalo really wants him out. I still think they must want him out pretty bad to be talking about moving 28 goal guy.

I have heard Buffalo also needs LHD help so thought Sbisa might be an option. Has good skating and physical and yes, adds turnovers! He did have a better +\- by far over Hutton/Stetcher/Edler though certainly played against lesser opposition.

But still impressive on a miserable Nucks team. Has shown improvement over last two years and is only 27 and so could still get more

consistent going forward.

and yeah, I don't expect Baertschi to get any of those guys you just mentioned (certainly not without adding) and also certainly not two of them. Provorov is probably close to untouchable. 

I think Baertschi would fit in well in both Ana or Phili. Speed scoring touch. 

These tires must be pretty worn out by now. I'm surprised this Kane thing keeps coming up. I guess 28 goals lands you a few check ins. If Canucks truly are interested... just get it done. I'm tired of this rumour. 8th OA + Kane for Tanev and 2nd rounder... I'd consider that. Attitude aside, we need goals. Like it's been said above depends on who's left on the board, but I could see this type of deal being on the table.      

On 2017-06-09 at 11:33 AM, BCNate said:

That would be the exact deal I would be looking for....8th and Kane for Tanev and a reasonable + (55th pick?).  This is a far better deal than the 3OA from Dallas, or 17th and Kapanen from Toronto that are being thrown around.  Kane steps in and is our most talented and impactful player aside from Horvat.... and by a significant margin.  

27 YO 30 goal power forwards rarely if ever make it to  free agency.  If he does, we either won't be the ones to sign him, or it will cost far more on the open market.  Just because he is from Vancouver does not mean that he automatically sign with us.  Aside from Hamhuis, how many BC born players sign with us out of free agency.

If we have the chance to pick up Kane, and one of Glass, Necas, Mittlestead, Vilardi, Makar, Heiskanen, or Petterson in exchange for Tanev and a +, we need to make that trade.  The fact that Kane is a UFA at seasons end does not  have to take away from the trade value.  We can negotiate with him in advance, or they add a conditional pick based upon him signing.  

Just a friendly correction for your quote.. Kane is 25 yrs old.

I would love to see Kane and his swagger in the Blue Green and White.

22 hours ago, Statman said:

And 4 great years in Dallas .  I'm not saying it would be easy to move Eriksson but he is better than what he showed last year.  One bad year doesn't say he is washed up.

Best part about Ericsson is he can't really get much worse than last year... should be all good moving forward.

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

I love that deal, but I do think we give up something else as well.  I would add #64, or Subban type prospect.

Kane is very underrated around here.

I think the Twins deserve to play their final season with an elite guy, who will actually stand up for them too.  Think of the Lucic contract, and Kane (I see as a very similar player) is a deal.  Extend him a deal at 6x6 and we have him through his prime years.  Plus we draft Makar at 5 and Glass/Middlestadt at 8.  That's a pretty good deal for us.

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

For the right price/term? Yup. 

Canucks have had plenty of 'altercations' over the years too, with plenty of good players. I'm sure Kesler was in the middle of a few. If you could go back in time, would you take him off our 2011 team? 

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Asking price for evander kane seems to be 2nd+ prospect. 

Our second is going to be top 35, almost a late first.  Maybe we trade Guddy for a second to a playoff team, and use that to get Kane?  

Late second + Goldy?

Archived