The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

25 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

the pick probably has to be part of it tho as Buffalo will be able to recover one next season so they might see themselves as giving up on that in the deal. And its Jim Benning with and extra 2nd.... its gotta be burning a hole in his pocket....

I just don't know that we have the prospect depth to add to Baer in the deal, so lets turn Torts into Kane. 

I'd be game for this just for CDC's overreaction... :frantic:

:lol:

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I dunno... I'd be happy to get Kane for Baer and the 55th oa. 

Rather sell Baer elsewhere and get Kane 'free' next summer. Also likely a higher pick without him next year.

Kane and Horvat sure would look good together.Maybe a playmaking W in Goldobin with them in a few years.... 

Just now, J.R. said:

Rather sell Baer elsewhere and get Kane 'free' next summer. Also likely a higher pick without him next year.

Kane and Horvat sure would look good together.Maybe a playmaking W in Goldobin with them in a few years.... 

free, but maybe more expensive too. Bear could also be at his peak value... he's a slow starter and who knows how he'll do under Green up here. I know he had a good relationship in Utica, but that was Utica, there's different expectations and pressure up here.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good point. I think Kane would flourish here. I've spoken to him a few times at local rink and he maintains that playing for the Canucks would be a dream come true for him.

Kane should just work his butt off, have the best year he can, no matter what team he's on or gets traded to.  

Then next year he can sign for good money and play wherever he wants.

We are in dire need of tough, skilled forwards and should be willing to offer market value for him.

If he truly wants to play here, we should be able to get it done.

And, as others have pointed out, it suits our timeline better to finish lower this year and get another high pick.

If E. Kane doesn't produce this year, he won't be worth signing as a UFA, so we get to see how he does with the carrot right in front of him.

Last, is there anyone on the Nux who would throw his track suit in the shower?

Probably not Sutter; maybe Guddy or Pedan... 

Byfuglien was pissed with Kane for showing up to a team meeting in a track suit. Byfuglien, being an upstanding citizen of Minnesota who was arrested a few years back for being pissed out of his gourd operating a boat on Lake Minnetonka, and refusing a breathalyzer.

Kane has spoken about being called racial slurs while walking in downtown Winnipeg. Charming place......

I never heard about racism in Winnipeg.  

36 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

free, but maybe more expensive too. Bear could also be at his peak value... he's a slow starter and who knows how he'll do under Green up here. I know he had a good relationship in Utica, but that was Utica, there's different expectations and pressure up here.

I doubt his contract will be that much different either way.

Same with Baer's value. I can't see him not doing well under Green.

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Kane should just work his butt off, have the best year he can, no matter what team he's on or gets traded to.  

Then next year he can sign for good money and play wherever he wants.

We are in dire need of tough, skilled forwards and should be willing to offer market value for him.

If he truly wants to play here, we should be able to get it done.

And, as others have pointed out, it suits our timeline better to finish lower this year and get another high pick.

If E. Kane doesn't produce this year, he won't be worth signing as a UFA, so we get to see how he does with the carrot right in front of him.

Last, is there anyone on the Nux who would throw his track suit in the shower?

Probably not Sutter; maybe Guddy or Pedan... 

Based on how he lit it up with Buffalo in the second half of last season, I think Kane has realized what was at stake, and how he needs to focus on what he's capable of.

He's also kept the tweeting and other cursory bs down too.

Kane's been in the league longer than Gudbranson, so I can't see Erik pulling that crap, and Pedan wouldn't even dream of it.

Based on how he lit it up with Buffalo in the second half of last season, I think Kane has realized what was at stake, and how he needs to focus on what he's capable of.

He's also kept the tweeting and other cursory bs down too.

Kane's been in the league longer than Gudbranson, so I can't see Erik pulling that crap, and Pedan wouldn't even dream of it.

DD ?

I'd rather see Subban go in a trade for Kane than Sven,. add the CBJ pick.. 

Last year Buffalos' press wrote a lot about their pending D situation this upcoming season.. a decent D prospect like Subban might seem enticing.  We are Hip deep in D prospects, and Subban is the one I would consider moving.

Archived