The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

His shoulder injuries coupled with his concussions have affected him badly to the point where he avoids contact pretty much all the time. He has to fix that up or he'll never make it. Hopefully he can put on a lot more bulk and strengthen up. I could see them giving one more year to see if he progresses.

I agree

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Rodin is done. http://canucksarmy.c...igns-with-bryns

What a shame. But not a total surprise given his lack of results in North America and the injuries he sustained here. Our prospect pool has definitely started to sag even further with the departures of Connauton and Rodin (not that they were contenders for roster spots, but it looks worse on the organization when you take a look at their drafting record now).

You never know, he's still a Canuck prospect. If he turns his game around back in Sweden (probably better than continuing in AHL for now) they still retain his rights unless they don't tender qualifying.

They could still resign him and bring him back down the road!

• 3 months later...

Rodin with a goal in his second game for Brynas today.

I know alot of people have probably given up on this guy, but I don't think the Canucks have. He isn't even 23 yet remember. Alot of Swedish players are late bloomers, so there's still hope for this guy IMO.

He just needs to mature more physically, and get his confidence back.

Also of note, Bill Sweatt scored in his first game for Brynas and is playing on the same line as Rodin. I don't think that is a coincidence. I'm betting the Canucks orchestrated that.

I hope Rodin develops enough that he can come back and be a top 9 guy. I think he has a boat load of skill but with that shouldn't r blade issue he had and the injuries, he's development was really halt. I hope he still interested in being a NHL player and continues to build strength while over in Sweden

Rodin with a goal in his second game for Brynas today.

I know alot of people have probably given up on this guy, but I don't think the Canucks have. He isn't even 23 yet remember. Alot of Swedish players are late bloomers, so there's still hope for this guy IMO.

He just needs to mature more physically, and get his confidence back.

Also of note, Bill Sweatt scored in his first game for Brynas and is playing on the same line as Rodin. I don't think that is a coincidence. I'm betting the Canucks orchestrated that.

Was Sweatt qualified?

Is he going to come back to the Canucks? Is he just there so he can play hockey there.

I'm assuming they told him to go play there and see how his development goes, and then he'll decide next season if he wants to take another crack at the NHL.

He needs a full season of being healthy and not getting his shoulder rammed into the boards on a regular basis. The SEL is probably the best place for him to be right now. He's never going to be a gritty player, so he might as well develop his skill game as much as he can and see how far that takes him.

I think a whole year of development was lost with many of the Canucks' prospects last season in Chicago. That whole situation had disaster written all over it from the beginning. Garrett mentioned Cannatta being behind Climie for one. Rodin although he might have been injured, hardly saw the ice, just to name two.

I'm assuming they told him to go play there and see how his development goes, and then he'll decide next season if he wants to take another crack at the NHL.

He needs a full season of being healthy and not getting his shoulder rammed into the boards on a regular basis. The SEL is probably the best place for him to be right now. He's never going to be a gritty player, so he might as well develop his skill game as much as he can and see how far that takes him.

Yep, hopefully it will allow him to develop his strength even more.

I mean, the year after he was drafted, he came back into camp all buff, tacking on like 15lbs of muscle or something.

I don't think the SEL prepares players for the NHL that well. Less physical. It might work for Rodin to get his confidence back but I don't hold out a lot of hope. Jensen played there last year which was OK because he was to young for the AHL but I still thinks he needs at least 40 games in Utica.