Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Rodin

Etem Sutter Virtanen

Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Gaunce, McCann, Vey, (Higgins - still on contract)

Edler Tanev

Hutton Sbisa

(Hamhuis), Biega, Tryamkin, Pedan, Larsen, (UFA)

Miller

Markstrom

Just thinking out loud, but those are the guys we have on contract next year, or at least have planned to sign in Rodin/Tryamkin/Larsen. This is before any UFA signings, from which we have cap space in a very deep free agent pool. Take a look here: http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents?expiryyear=2016&position=All&shoots=Both&team=all&UFA=1

We need to add a scorer in addition to upgrade what was an average defense this past season. It will be interesting to see what JB does, though I wouldn't doubt another young player could be placed on waivers. 

Higgins won't be back, it sounds like Vey is on thin ice and Burrows is on thin ice.

Dorsett could go as well...so

Sedins / Rodin

Baertschi / Horvat / Virtanen

Vey / Granlund / Etem

Gaunce / McCann / Lainne (I wish) or Hansen

Burrows or Dorsett

Edler / Tanev

Hutton / Larsen

Sbisa / Tryamkin

Pedan or Biega

10 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Higgins won't be back, it sounds like Vey is on thin ice and Burrows is on thin ice.

Dorsett could go as well...so

Sedins / Rodin

Baertschi / Horvat / Virtanen

Vey / Granlund / Etem

Gaunce / McCann / Lainne (I wish) or Hansen

Burrows or Dorsett

Edler / Tanev

Hutton / Larsen

Sbisa / Tryamkin

Pedan or Biega

that defense is going to eaten alive. need a veteran back there. too many rookies on D. Hamhuis. but that only means someone has got to go. 

I'd put Biega on waivers. if he gets picked up. that's fine. no great loss. but if he passes. then we can call him up later in the season when injuries occur. 

i I also think a lot of people will be disappointed in Rödin. I'm not sure if he can just be slotted with the Sedins and expect to be producing like a first liner. I think Rödin is a solid third liner. maybe a tweener second liner. 

heres what I think will happen: 

Sedins/Hansen 

Bäertschi/Horvat/Virtanen 

Burrows/Granlund/Etem 

Gaunce/Vey/Dorsett 

McCann I really think will be spending a good portion of the year in Utica. 

Edited by N4ZZY

You guys are both missing Sutter. Additionally, you both ignored the near 15m in cap space, and the link to the UFA list for this year. You have to think they upgrade the defence, and can afford a top 6 forward as well. It's going to be a tricky process next season, figuring out the line up with 15 forwards and 8 D currently.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

You guys are both missing Sutter. Additionally, you both ignored the near 15m in cap space, and the link to the UFA list for this year. You have to think they upgrade the defence, and can afford a top 6 forward as well. It's going to be a tricky process next season, figuring out the line up with 15 forwards and 8 D currently.

Opps,  Suter in for Rodin on the first line then.

I don't want to spend another 5M on a top six and end up with another Vrbata or Booth.

We really only Lainne or Mathews, spend the money trade the picks/players to make that happen and we are good to go.

Larsen will be fine and is not really a rookie at 25 or 26 years old and Tryamkin will be 23 so I think they will be fine by mid season.

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Maybe some have overlooked despite the Cap space that only covers 17 players so there's a lot of players 6 that wants a raise and to be resigned....the Cap Space is not that much, To sign 6 players at only $1.5 that eats up $9 million and leaves $6 for an upgrade, The rumour is there's a chance the Cap will go down

Edited by Fred65
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe some have overlooked despite the Cap space that only covers 17 players so there's a lot of players 6 that wants a raise and to be resigned....the Cap Space is not that much, To sign 6 players at only $1.5 that eats up $9 million and leaves $6 for an upgrade, The rumour is there's a chance the Cap will go down

Canuck RFAs:

Vey

Baertschi

Etem

Granlund

Pedan

Grenier

Kenins

Zalewski

Friesen

Canatta

Blomstrand

Fox

Of all those, Baertschi is the only one that'll make more that $1mil, unless they qualify Vey who made exactly that this year.  The rest are all sub-$1mil re-signings.  Probably the top 5 are the only ones that make the team, and maybe Grenier, so total cap for all of them will maybe be $5-6mil.

Side note:  Dane Fox is making $830K... in the ECHL.  I'd say he's gone.

• Upvote 1

Sign either; Purcell, or Eriksson on Right Wing...

Trade Edler, Aquire a Young Top-4 Defenceman*...

Re-sign Hamhuis... 

Move Granlund to Left wing

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Rodin

Gaunce- Sutter - Eriksson

Granlund - Vey - Etem

(pp?) 

Sedin - Sedin - Rodin

Baertschi - Hutton 

*Edler* - Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Hamhuis - Tryamkin

Larsen - Pedan 

Miller/Markstrom

Markstrom/Miller

Edited by 草 Kusa 草

8 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

yeah. he's been out so long I almost forgot about him! that makes the line up trickier. someone has to be exposed to waivers then. probably gonna lose another young player most likely. 

ok. maybe this then:

Sedin/Sedin/Sutter

Bäertschi/Horvat/Virtanen 

Etem/Granlund/Hansen 

Gaunce/Vey/Dorsett

Burrows - buy out? 

McCann - start the year in Utica. 

defense, if we can carry 8 looks ok. 

Edler/Tanev 

Hutton/Sbisa 

Hamhuis/Tryamkin 

extra on defense: Pedan, Larsen 

sent to AHL: Biega. 

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Gaunce - Sutter - Eriksson/Purcell

Granlund - Vey - Etem 

Trade: Burrows + Vrbata + Dorsett + Biega at the Draft, 

*Trade Edler if you can aquire another top 10 1st, and or, a Top 4 young Defenceman*

*Edler* -Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Hamhuis - Tryamkin

Note; I'm not sure what D's play on what side...

Miller/Markstrom

Markstrom/Miller

Edited by 草 Kusa 草

3 minutes ago, 草 Kusa 草 said:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Gaunce - Sutter - Eriksson/Purcell

Granlund - Vey - Etem 

Trade: Burrows + Vrbata + Dorsett + Biega at the Draft, 

*Trade Edler if you can aquire another top 10 1st, and or, a Top 4 young Defenceman*

*Edler*

Hutton - Sbisa

Hamhuis - Tryamkin

Note; I'm not sure what D's play on what side...

Miller/Markstrom

Markstrom/Miller

No Virt?!

Your lineups are pillowy-soft.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Canuck RFAs:

Vey

Baertschi

Etem

Granlund

Pedan

Grenier

Kenins

Zalewski

Friesen

Canatta

Blomstrand

Fox

Of all those, Baertschi is the only one that'll make more that $1mil, unless they qualify Vey who made exactly that this year.  The rest are all sub-$1mil re-signings.  Probably the top 5 are the only ones that make the team, and maybe Grenier, so total cap for all of them will maybe be $5-6mil.

Side note:  Dane Fox is making $830K... in the ECHL.  I'd say he's gone.

If Dane Fox were playing for the Canucks his NHL salary would be $830,000 as a non nhl'er he's making about 40-80 grand

On 3/5/2016 at 3:59 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

No Virt?!

Your lineups are pillowy-soft.

Well, to be fair we are rebuilding, although a line of Gaunce - Sutter - Purcell, I think could do most of the defensive heavy lifting alowwing for a decent scoring 4th line, Willy likes to roll those lines ya know!

I also think the Canucks should take advantage of their very own farm team! 

Virtanen, McCann, for one season and Boesser, and Demko for two...

Edited by 草 Kusa 草
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 草 Kusa 草 said:

Well, to be fair we are rebuilding, although a line of Gaunce - Sutter - Purcell, I think could do most of the defensive heavy lifting alowwing for a decent scoring 4th line, Willy likes to roll those lines ya know!

Nothing says soft like a big Teddy.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 草 Kusa 草 said:

Sign either; Purcell, or Eriksson on Right Wing...

Trade Edler, Aquire a Young Top-4 Defenceman*...

Re-sign Hamhuis... 

Move Granlund to Left wing

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Gaunce- Sutter - Eriksson

Granlund - Vey - Etem

(pp?) 

Sedin - Sedin - Rodin

Baertschi - Hutton 

*Edler* - Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Hamhuis - Tryamkin

Larsen - Pedan 

Miller/Markstrom

Markstrom/Miller

LOL you sign Eriksson  so that you can put him on the third line with Sutter? I thought it should be a no brainer to slot him on the first line with the Sedins. I would like us to sign Eriksson too if we don't get Stamkos :)

If we thought that the defence couldn't get worse before Edler injury, we were wrong. With Edler out, this defence showed that it is at the AHL level. Unless we get Hamonic level player, I don't think we should trade a solid top 4 defender in Edler. It's clear to me that Edler and Tanev makes each other better.

I think the best spot for Rodin is probably alongside Sutter rather than Horvat. I think Horvat can benefit from having Hansen on his right wing. 

Assuming we sign Eriksson:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Virtanen-Sutter-Rodin

Gaunce-Granlund-Etem

Roll 4 lines.

On 3/6/2016 at 4:32 PM, khay said:

LOL you sign Eriksson  so that you can put him on the third line with Sutter? I thought it should be a no brainer to slot him on the first line with the Sedins. I would like us to sign Eriksson too if we don't get Stamkos :)

If we thought that the defence couldn't get worse before Edler injury, we were wrong. With Edler out, this defence showed that it is at the AHL level. Unless we get Hamonic level player, I don't think we should trade a solid top 4 defender in Edler. It's clear to me that Edler and Tanev makes each other better.

I think the best spot for Rodin is probably alongside Sutter rather than Horvat. I think Horvat can benefit from having Hansen on his right wing. 

Assuming we sign Eriksson:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Virtanen-Sutter-Rodin

Gaunce-Granlund-Etem

Roll 4 lines.

You are right in that we should reuinite Eriksson with the Sedins if we are unable to land Stamkos, Although I would Definitely disagree with you in that Rodin who has decent offensive potential would play great with Baertschi  and Horvat, it would be something I would atleast want to see during preseason to see how it goes, same thing with the sedin twins... 

I also think Hansen and Sutter would compliment Gaunces game and would be a great shutdown line perhaps they could handle the heavy lifting? 

Virtanen should also play atleast one season in Utica, get him to the point were he is scoring at a decent pace, not necessarily    2-3ppg but atleast .65ppg 

4 minutes ago, 草 Kusa 草 said:

You are right in that we should reuinite Eriksson with the Sedins if we are unable to land Stamkos, Although I would Definitely disagree with you in that Rodin who has decent offensive potential would play great with Baertschi  and Horvat, it would be something I would atleast want to see during preseason to see how it goes, same thing with the sedin twins... 

I also think Hansen and Sutter would compliment Gaunces game and would be a great shutdown line perhaps they could handle the heavy lifting? 

Virtanen should also play atleast one season in Utica, get him to the point were he is scoring at a decent pace, not necessarily    2-3ppg but atleast .65ppg 

The reason why I think Horvat would benefit from having Hansen is because Hansen is a puck digger and a very reliable two way forward. Rodin as you said has some good offensive skills and could compliment the rawness of Virtanen and Sutter has polished two way capabilities that will make the game easier for Rodin. But I agree, he could be good with Horvat and Baertschi although I think that may put too much pressure on Horvat.

And I'm not sure if I agree with the notion of Virtanen playing the next season in Utica. AHL may lack elite level skill players but it is full of physical players that play rough hockey. It is a great place for smallish, skilled player like Nylander, McCann, and etc to learn how to utilize their skill and speed in a physical and rough professional hockey games but might not be such a good practice ground for Virtanen. I think we need Virtanen is going to benefit the most by learning to use his size and elite level skating and shooting at the NHL level as he is not a finesse player.

16 minutes ago, 草 Kusa 草 said:

That's just a horrible idea. Benning is on record as wanting the team to be younger, faster, stronger and bigger. Jake hits all four needs, so if you send him to Utica, who else steps in that fits the mould? He is in Vancouver so the club can best control his development, fitness level, diet and work habits. I believe he's better off being mentored by the Sedins than by some career AHLer in Utica. Besides, there is way more to his game than scoring.

• Upvote 1