The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Not amazing whatsoever - it's typical CDC, where so many uneducated people (not saying you) automatically think any player is going to be able to produce their CHL/AHL numbers in the NHL just because.....well, just because. 

Boucher, Shinkaruk, Subban, Cassels, Rodin, Olson, Zhukenov, you name it......the list is endless - too many CDC'ers don't fully understand how/why a guy can dominate at a certain level but is destined to never attain the same stats/accomplishments at the next level.  I'm not saying I personally know better than others, but I certainly don't pencil guys into the Canucks line-up just because he's drafted (or picked up on waivers) - which is precisely what a LOT of people around here do. 

The difference with Boucher is the fact he pretty much has 30 points in a full schedule played in the NHL which none of the other guys you mentioned have and as well as hunger to prove himself and take advantage of his new opportunity and Megna hasn't had that kind of NHL production and is clearly not doing much with 2 top players and more minutes than he deserves.

45 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I saw that. He's contradicting himself. He says win or lose you try things with the lineup, but in Rodins case he's not doing that.

I also think he took a veiled swipe at Jake around 0:45... talking about getting rid of guys that think they can be in the lineup no matter what and we "addressed" it a while back? No love there eh? 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I saw that. He's contradicting himself. He says win or lose you try things with the lineup, but in Rodins case he's not doing that.

I also think he took a veiled swipe at Jake around 0:45... talking about getting rid of guys that think they can be in the lineup no matter what and we "addressed" it a while back? No love there eh

Sure, just 'tough' ;)

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I also think he took a veiled swipe at Jake around 0:45... talking about getting rid of guys that think they can be in the lineup no matter what and we "addressed" it a while back? No love there eh? 

Ouch.... possibly referring to McCann? 

It's kind of ironic because people were on Jake for being a bit... loose... with the media.... the same should apply to the coach. We have this thing called the internet now. Word gets around. 
If that comment didn't have anything to do with Jake someone should be calling him and explaining themselves, because if Jake hasn't seen it yet, he will soon - you know his agent has.

Who knows what's going on with Rodin. This organization is about as transparent as modern governance - which is to say, hardly at all. 

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sure, just 'tough' ;)

Yah, Jake is probably the biggest disappointment form this year imo. He doesn't seem to be doing much in Utica either but I don't know the full situation there, seems like the entire team is struggling. 

BTW I was reading around about Boucher yesterday. There was some chatter in NJ about his commitment to conditioning. People seemed kind of split about his departure.

The most important thing is his attitude. If he's a good guy then getting into shape (if need be) won't be a problem. Look at what happened with Tryamkin.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah, Jake is probably the biggest disappointment form this year imo. He doesn't seem to be doing much in Utica either but I don't know the full situation there, seems like the entire team is struggling. 

Jake's got an addiction(off-ice) issue..caffiene & danishes. Tried to help him, but I'm in the same boat. Too much Charbux can kill careers...

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

We've had 2 of their top six up here with us for a good long stretch. I'm not surprised they're struggling. Must be hard down there right now though.

One way or the other that has to be shored up as well. Maybe the play for Boucher had everything to do with that. Banking on him finding chemistry with someone up here so they can attempt to send one of Megna/Chaput back down? 

All the talk was about trying to bring young guys along in a winning environment. That's definitely not happening down there right now being that short handed. Jake's in hell. 

4 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

BTW I was reading around about Boucher yesterday. There was some chatter in NJ about his commitment to conditioning. People seemed kind of split about his departure.

The most important thing is his attitude. If he's a good guy then getting into shape (if need be) won't be a problem. Look at what happened with Tryamkin.

He kind of resembles Wellwood a little bit.... 

21 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Very wary of this crafty bastard

more he says the more I seem to disdain him 

7 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

He kind of resembles Wellwood a little bit.... 

Yeah, let's hope so.

Not sure if you ever saw Wellwood in a Canuck uniform, but his (3rd) line was pretty damn good in his time here.

I'll take 18 goals out of Boucher anyday.

You can buy him dinner at your favorite burger joint.

Just now, oldnews said:

Yeah, let's hope so.

Not sure if you ever saw Wellwood in a Canuck uniform, but his (3rd) line was pretty damn good in his time here.

I'll take 18 goals out of Boucher anyday.

You can buy him dinner at your favorite burger joint.

I liked Wellie. 

I have a theory about Wellwood's weight and his better performance when he was more pudgy. Its based on a friend of mine who is a researcher at GF Strong who works on spinal injuries. They did a study that showed the more types of a certain fat a study subject ate, the better their spinal nerve response was in recovery, including things like hand motion.

So... I figure those extra fries gave Wellwood better hands. When AV tried to thin him down it screwed with his nerve response :P

47 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

The difference with Boucher is the fact he pretty much has 30 points in a full schedule played in the NHL which none of the other guys you mentioned have and as well as hunger to prove himself and take advantage of his new opportunity and Megna hasn't had that kind of NHL production and is clearly not doing much with 2 top players and more minutes than he deserves.

True, Boucher has a limited body of work to evaluate - but as you said, at least he's played some games.  Still, the fact he put up numbers in Jr. makes people think he's a top 6 guy right off waivers which isn't so.  Top 6 guys don't get put on waivers multiple times - they just don't. 

32 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd be careful here, that's how destructive rumors start.  He could've been talking about anyone at one point he pauses and says a while back...maybe was referring to Rodin or Train......could've been any number of guys. 

34 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Or maybe you're just jumping to unsubstantiated assumptions....  along with a whole gaggle of media and armchairs.

On 2017-01-04 at 3:58 PM, Mackcanuck said:

Rodin is not ready to play top 6, 15 minutes a game yet.

Rodin commented that he's still taking care of the leg. He's not quite 100%.

“I feel good and more confident today and I don’t really feel that I’m lacking explosiveness but maybe I am because it (knee tendon surgery recovery) is going to be a long process,” said Rodin

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-post-game-baertschis-revival-horvats-arrival-rodins-survival

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

True, Boucher has a limited body of work to evaluate - but as you said, at least he's played some games.  Still, the fact he put up numbers in Jr. makes people think he's a top 6 guy right off waivers which isn't so.  Top 6 guys don't get put on waivers multiple times - they just don't. 

I'd be careful here, that's how destructive rumors start.  He could've been talking about anyone - Vrby, Kass, Prust......could've been any number of guys. 

I assumed that he was talking about this season. But thanks for thinking anyone is listen to me. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I liked Wellie. 

I have a theory about Wellwood's weight and his better performance when he was more pudgy. Its based on a friend of mine who is a researcher at GF Strong who works on spinal injuries. They did a study that showed the more types of a certain fat a study subject ate, the better their spinal nerve response was in recovery, including things like hand motion.

So... I figure those extra fries gave Wellwood better hands. When AV tried to thin him down it screwed with his nerve response :P

So, in other words, you would like fries with that.

Just now, oldnews said:

Or maybe you're just jumping to unsubstantiated assumptions....

Probably. I'm just not buying there's only 1 type of player that can be successful with the twins - yes there's an ideal type, but we don't have that option. I really would have like to see Rodin in last night with the twins, given the quality of opponent. Seemed like an ideal time. 

Archived