The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You think JB is selling at the TDL?  Gaunce and Subban, maybe Cassels for picks/ prospects?

I could see 2 or 3 of Hansen, Tanev, Hutton, Sbisa, Granlund, Burr, packing their bags come deadline from this current roster. 

We need a expansion exempt return on both an expansion eligible fwd and a D. Making a trade is better than serving up Vegas's pick of Sbisa or Granlund for no return at all. I'd much rather serve Vegas a steaming hot pile of Biega Dorset and have a few assets in the bank instead. 

Especially since we will be seeing a lot of Vegas.

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Yes it is. I was just laughing because you have pretty much recommended trading every player on the Canucks roster and now you are setting your sights on the farm.

I doubt the recent success is going to influence what JB is going to do unless it goes on for an extended period of time. I really don't know who he will try to move but I would hope it is not our really young players unless he has seen strong indicators that they will not make it.

Yes I am impatient and want our team to become good again - NOW.  

Alf will double up on his evening meds to calm himself.  ::D

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Philip Blunt makes as much sense to me as L Ron Hubbard. Have at 'er Phil, start the commune. That Loui pic reminds me of this guy: http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/amor-de-cosmos/

You can all join me when I teleport to an incoming comet. Apple juice anyone?

Not sure why he moves around so much, he's got 12 goals and 30 points in 85 NHL games, almost a full season's worth, and has been about a point per game player at the AHL. Start him in Utica to help out Virtanen, if he really impresses and continues that point per game trend then call him up and give the guy a shot. Small but good offensive numbers, that's what we need mainly in Utica but who knows, our 4th line could benefit from some skill.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not sure why he moves around so much, he's got 12 goals and 30 points in 85 NHL games, almost a full season's worth, and has been about a point per game player at the AHL. Start him in Utica to help out Virtanen, if he really impresses and continues that point per game trend then call him up and give the guy a shot. Small but good offensive numbers, that's what we need mainly in Utica but who knows, our 4th line could benefit from some skill.

You may want to educate yourself on how waivers works - or not.

Really, if you try and put him in the minors, he'll be scooped off waivers.  I can't believe anybody would suggest this.  :blink:

He's going on the roster so somebody else is coming off the roster.  Maybe they want to send Gaunce down to get his confidence up.

Benning definitely didn't claim Boucher for the hell of it.

I'm sure we'll find out what Bennings plans are tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Way better than Joey Kenward... which my Mac keeps autocorrecting to Joey Keyword... even my computer doesn't like him.

As robotic or cardboard as Kenward can be, at least he's not a pretender.

When he interviews someone, it's about that person - a fundamental that gets rarer and rarer with all the wannabe egos in the media industry.

Guy looks kinda pudgy

How bout we assign him to the stationary bike for couple dozen weeks,

Quality pick up if we can just keep him off the ice,

I say give him a bus ticket for surrey central station and tell him that's where the airport is, if he makes it back alive give him a burger and let him ride the Zamboni between periods

he can be the new mascot maybe

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hmmm I wonder if that could be because of depth currently available.  It could also be because of Willie D.  Maybe it's because he's the ONLY C/LW with size in the bottom 6.  Oh wait, wait wait.  It might even be because Manny Malhotra has all but taken him completely under his wing to show him what it takes to be that elite player in the bottom 6 and through a factor of all of the above he has nowhere else to be and has no expectations on him to be anything other than just that

But hey...facts don't mean as much as opinions right?

Your point of Malhotra is a very good one. I'd forgotten about him until yesterday hearing his name during an interview. I believe that was one of the best off season moves Vancouver made. His influence on players I'm sure is huge. lol maybe Malhotra could take WD under his wing too. 

Only 1 season, but 19 points in 39 games is a pretty damn great pick up for free. 23 years old too, so lots of time to improve. Worst case is we lose him on waivers. Loving this move. Great job Benning!

50 minutes ago, oldnews said:

As robotic or cardboard as Kenward can be, at least he's not a pretender.

When he interviews someone, it's about that person - a fundamental that gets rarer and rarer with all the wannabe egos in the media industry.

Deserves more than one rep at a time.

Archived