The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Could be another Marty Gelinas for us? Hope so!

Good luck kid.

as long as he doesnt end up in calgary and scores a series clincher against us right lol? Jk, wish him well he has the potential be a second liner, hope to see him develop into that

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

So is that him? You'd think a professional sports team would have extra equipment, right?

Players are very particular about their equipment, particularly skates. They don't just grab a pair of rentals like us plebs since their skates are all custom molded.

He can miss a day of practice.

3 hours ago, ice orca said:

12 pages for a waiver wire guy and some people want him to go right on the 1st line with the Sedin's...amazing.

Have you not seen who's presently been playing with the Sedins?

10 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Think maybe Air Canada can't handle its stuff. 

I've been management in hotels for years....as far as lost luggage goes...Air Canada has their share but damn are Delta and American Airlines the worst.  I think baggage loaders are employed by the airport, however, and not the airlines. 

1 hour ago, Type R said:

Have you not seen who's presently been playing with the Sedins?

When's Hansen back anyways...? :(

Imagine how good the team would have looked with him in the lineup through this little streak...

4 hours ago, ice orca said:

12 pages for a waiver wire guy and some people want him to go right on the 1st line with the Sedin's...amazing.

Considering that the entire lineup has tried and failed with the Sedins with the exception of the injured Hansen and questionable if Burrows still can....then yes, I think he has a shot of displacing Megna.

2 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Considering that the entire lineup has tried and failed with the Sedins with the exception of the injured Hansen and questionable if Burrows still can....then yes, I think he has a shot of displacing Megna.

His only 'ok' skating and 'ok' 2-way/D game would be the concern if paired with the twins. The shot and 'motor' are there though.

Too bad we couldn't somehow meld Boucher and Rodin together in to one player :lol:

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

His only 'ok' skating and 'ok' 2-way/D game would be the concern if paired with the twins. The shot and 'motor' are there though.

Too bad we couldn't somehow meld Boucher and Rodin together in to one player :lol:

I don't recall... was Anson Carter much of a skater?

I'm still of the mindset that you give Rodin (Swedish League MVP) 3 or 4 games with the Sedins, or at least try him with them on the PP.  Hansens away, and he can't be any worse than Megna at the moment.  I think Rodin is rusty, and playing with elite players like Hank and Danny might be all he needs to find his game, and bank some confidence.

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't recall... was Anson Carter much of a skater?

I don't recall... Has the game become faster and the Sedins older and slower since Carter played with them in circa 2005/2006?

That's 11 LOOOONNNNG years ago dude.

18 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Probably the slowest 1st line in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I don't recall... Has the game become faster and the Sedins older and slower since Carter played with them in circa 2005/2006?

That's 11 LOOOONNNNG years ago dude.

Yah but I don't recall him being a speed demon... just pointing out that RB might not be the worst choice here, as Hansen-ish speed may not be required. 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah but I don't recall him being a speed demon... just pointing out that RB might not be the worst choice here, as Hansen-ish speed may not be required

I'd say it's one of the first things required to play with 36 year old Sedins in the 2016/17 NHL.

12 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'd say it's one of the first things required to play with 36 year old Sedins in the 2016/17 NHL.

I know. There's that theoretical perfect Sedin's partner idea out there. But we don't have that right now. If for some reason Hansen was out all year, would you really be OK with Megna and the twins for 42 more games and not trying Rodin, even once, on the 1st line?

I just don't buy into the perfect partner theory that seems to make Megna the "right fit" or ONLY fit. If you look at the list of Sedin partners historically, there is a lot of variation there. 

Archived