The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS Calgary Flames, Jan 7, 7 pm

KyoNami

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

The Canucks have done well lately ..6 wins in a row..but some of WDs decisions are mind boggling..this team is winning in spite of the guy.

The Canucks have done well because their goaltenders have kept them in games and guys like Horvat, Baertschi, and Granlund have stepped up big.

How many of the games we've won have actually been well played games though? The majority of them see us getting outplayed badly for long stretches.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Put him in the pressbox or on IR if he's not 100%.

Why keep a player around you won't even play when they're dressed?

Yeah it's a head scratcher. Unless Rodin felt something in pregame warmups?

3 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

The Canucks have done well lately ..6 wins in a row..but some of WDs decisions are mind boggling..this team is winning in spite of the guy.

I totally agree

maybe if we outplayed or outshot teams during that stretch .... things a coach can influence .... but we didn't 

we won ONLY because of our goaltending 

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I don't see why we can't switch it up a bit a move a hitter like Labate into the Gaunce spot. Gaunce is basically a passenger every night at this point. Sure he's gaining valuable experience but, at the same time he adds very little, certainly nothing that can't be matched and upgraded by a Labate.

Last night we were outshot what 46 -13? Gaunce produced more "shots for" on his line (5) than were generated against (4).  The only player on the Canucks that can say that and he played some PK to boot.  He is setting people up, wins every board battle, and he had a nice forecheck and hit in 2d period this game that caused an icing and we had a scoring chance off the face off.  He is doing this every night.  Does he score?  Obviously not, but anyone who says Gaunce isn't doing his job I disagree with. If we are counting on him to score we are in bigger trouble than I thought. Not that he shouldnt have a few goals by now.  

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Put him in the pressbox or on IR if he's not 100%.

Why keep a player around you won't even play when they're dressed?

because if a forward goes down and they had the spot for him to jump in just in case would loook stupid not to.  It's exactly the sort of thing someone like you would piss and whine about

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Canucks have done well because their goaltenders have kept them in games and guys like Horvat, Baertschi, and Granlund have stepped up big.

How many of the games we've won have actually been well played games though? The majority of them see us getting outplayed badly for long stretches.

I didnt say played well..I said done well...they were lucky with some of those outcomes and it sure wasnt because they were coached well...

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I'm outta pluses btw people.

but don't think for a second any of you are not appreciated.

Same, site needs to fix that they lump the pluses in a 24hr period doesn't work with back to backs...  annoying

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

because if a forward goes down and they had the spot for him to jump in just in case would loook stupid not to.  It's exactly the sort of thing someone like you would piss and whine about

Alot easier to play with 12 forwards. No point dressing a player that can't play.

Yes I'm complaining because we're playing Jayson Megna over a skilled sniper. If you're not questioning that I don't know what to say.

Archived