John quenville

Steve santini

Devils 

Gudbranson 

3rd (maybe)

Whyyyyyy???

Devils are an up and coming team and need to fill a hole that Larsson left 

Gudbranson is experienced and young still and devils have the cap to resign him

Canucks get a talented centre prospect in quenville and a serviceable d prospect 

What do u think?

1 hour ago, orcasgonewild said:

Canucks 

John quenville

Steve santini

Devils 

Gudbranson 

3rd (maybe)

Whyyyyyy???

Devils are an up and coming team and need to fill a hole that Larsson left 

Gudbranson is experienced and young still and devils have the cap to resign him

Canucks get a talented centre prospect in quenville and a serviceable d prospect 

What do u think?

I think if you're putting Guddy on the table, we could probably get Duchene from COL for Guddy and maybe a 2nd. There's a big premium on D right now. 

24 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think if you're putting Guddy on the table, we could probably get Duchene from COL for Guddy and maybe a 2nd. There's a big premium on D right now. 

No chance that nets you Duchene . They will be asking for a top pairing defenseman not a current 4 at best with upside however much he even has

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

No chance that nets you Duchene . They will be asking for a top pairing defenseman not a current 4 at best with upside however much he even has

Asking and receiving are two different things ::D If they are looking to rebuild getting Guddy as a leader of the D group would be pretty valuable. 

I'd trade Sbisa for that, not Gudbranson.  Then again, I just hope that we can get something of value for Luca.

Since we gave up a blue-chip guy in McCann AND picks for Erik, I'd hope for at least a middling young roster forward than a couple of prospects.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

How about Edler to take over for Little Weber in Nashville?

What could we get from them?

Nothing.  Their top-4 is set for years to come.   

Why would they take on a 5M contract to play in their bottom-6 when Josi makes 4M, Ekholm 3.75M and Ellis 2.5M. 

They also just re-signed Irwin and still have Bitetto signed through next season.

Getting pretty tired of the trade Guddy threads... like the dead horse that has been beaten a million times over. Why would anyone want to come to our team when we don't even give them a full season here before we give up on them? I like Guddy and I think he will be a rock for us in the future. 

7 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Un-f##cking-believavble

just goes to show most fans wouldn't know a good defenseman if he blind-side-head-hunted them

Gudbransson has been awful just awful, the play dies on his stick, he actual;ly actively makes this a worse team when he steps on the ice, he does  not have the skills to be on NHL ice NHL  and you want to trade him for a top score?

The ONLY reason this guy is on our team is because McCann has the personality of hot diarrhea ,m and he needed to be shipped out as quickly as possible. 

Guy, look...I would have loved it if this guy had worked out, it would have been awesome to have a punishing D-man with that kind of size. but this guy was drafted on the hope that his skills would someday catch up with his size, 4-5 years later or whatever it's been, the guy has definitively shown that he was not what the scouts thought he was

He can't move the puck, He doesn't know how to use his size to win puck battles, he is poor defensively, offense is non existent, he doesn't have the skill to participate in developing plays, the guys on the ice have to work around him. He doesn't have the skill to play violently thus the only time he can get physical is after the whistle.

I'd be down to move him to the wing and let him be a 4th line enforcer, old school style, and maybe have him take the odd shift up and down the line up, just to keep the other   team honest, but as a NHL defenseman? the fantasy id over kids, time to wake up

8 hours ago, timberz21 said:

So basically we trade a center prospect for Gudbransson and turn around and trade him for another prospect center.

At this point, it's pretty much in the air who between McCann and Quenneville will be the best NHLer...pretty useless move IMO.

No,

McCann had to go regardless of skill

His personality was intolerable and it would have been impossible to have him around

McCann was not a Hockey trade, it was a flushing of the toilet

Archived