The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

11 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

His best game by far. I like that the coach is giving him PP2 time, that's where he'll be effective. Ya, he scored two but I think the better stat was the 7 shots. Bring it like that, he'll not only stick but get paid. 

I agree I think PP2 could be his ticket.

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Haven't been a big fan, but he did look quicker out there than in the past.  It'll be his complete (and compete) game that'll keep him around though.

And consistency.  I'm pleased with what he's done this call up.  I'd say keep him up as long as there's a spot.  If he's good enough, he could earn a spot from a vet that would become tradable by the deadline.  If the consistency isn't there, we can always send him down.

29 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

And consistency.  I'm pleased with what he's done this call up.  I'd say keep him up as long as there's a spot.  If he's good enough, he could earn a spot from a vet that would become tradable by the deadline.  If the consistency isn't there, we can always send him down.

i agree, if he can keep playing the pace he did the other night and doesnt be too sloppy.

What got my attention was that big hit on the forecheck. Shows his head is in the game. Not the roxy or who sits where in the locker room.

I love what Cull has instilled in our young guys.

He needs to make that style a guideline to follow going forward-- not just based on the adrenaline of his call up.

This is a good chance for Boucher to prove his worth. He and Motte appear to be fighting for the same spot. Boucher has more offensive upside. Excited to see what he does.

Was kind of hoping Zack MacEwen would get the call but a man can dream. I suspect MacEwen is next on the list or... Carcone. (Carcone's feistyness is needed and would compliment Lepisic well in the lineup).

Just glad Megna and Chaput weren't recalled.

3 minutes ago, Quantum said:

This is a good chance for Boucher to prove his worth. He and Motte appear to be fighting for the same spot. Boucher has more offensive upside. Excited to see what he does.

Was kind of hoping Zack MacEwen would get the call but a man can dream. I suspect MacEwen is next on the list or... Carcone. (Carcone's feistyness is needed and would compliment Lepisic well in the lineup).

Just glad Megna and Chaput weren't recalled.

If anything, we might have a Motte/Gaunce/Archibald competition. Boucher's competition is more Baer/Goldobin...maybe Granlund (and eventually Dahlen).