The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

Boucher is going to be a Wildcard player for the Nucks this year, similar to Gagner for Columbus last year. This guy probably has the best shot on the team and, even though he'll likely be fighting for 4th line time, I'd like to see him tested on the PP.  

PP1: Sedin-Sedin-Boucher(replaced if not working by Erik/Baer/Virt)-Gagner-Hutton/Stetcher

PP2: Eriksson/Baer-Horvat-Boeser-Edler-Hutton/Stetcher 

Boucher could be a 15g+ experiment on the PP, but even if he doesn't work out I could see those two lines putting together enough goals to be at least a top 20 powerplay. 

Edited by IBacon Strips
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

He sounds like a guy who realizes this might be his last chance, and he's not going to come to camp out of shape.  I see a lot of competition for spots in our forwards:

Twins Errikson

Bo Baer ?

Sutter Granlund ?

Gagnier ? ?

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He sounds like a guy who realizes this might be his last chance, and he's not going to come to camp out of shape.  I see a lot of competition for spots in our forwards:

Twins Errikson

Bo Baer ?

Sutter Granlund ?

Gagnier ? ?

Boucher on Desjardins: "We didn't argue or anything. He didn't like the way I played and he thought I was out of shape."

thought that was pretty telling. Not sure he's going to find more sympathy with Green but it sounds like he's doing the right things to be ready. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

I thought Boucher has to clear waivers?

I know Linden said they want to keep as many players in the system as they can.  In terms of waivers, Goldobin, Boeser and Virtanen don't have to clear.  The rest, Boucher, Burmistrov, Gaunce, Chaput, Megna do.

Most agree, Boeser probably sticks, but does the waiver issue mean that Goldobin and Virtanen automatically get sent down?  I would rather see the players with the best showing at camp stay with the team and the rest get sent down.  To hell with waivers.  If competition means the best wins, then don't they have to play it that way?  Otherwise they'd be sending mixed messages.

To be clear, I think the following positions are open going into camp:

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Baertschi Horvat AAAAAAAA

Eriksson Sutter Gagner

BBBBBBBB CCCCCCCC Dorsett

DDDDDDD

leading candidates:

A. Boeser

B. Gaunce

C. Burmistrov

D. up for grabs

Edit:  and Rodin

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I know Linden said they want to keep as many players in the system as they can.  In terms of waivers, Goldobin, Boeser and Virtanen don't have to clear.  The rest, Boucher, Burmistrov, Gaunce, Chaput, Megna do.

Most agree, Boeser probably sticks, but does the waiver issue mean that Goldobin and Virtanen automatically get sent down?  I would rather see the players with the best showing at camp stay with the team and the rest get sent down.  To hell with waivers.  If competition means the best wins, then don't they have to play it that way?  Otherwise they'd be sending mixed messages.

I fully agree. I personally hope/expect to see Burmistrov, Virtanen, or Goldobin out-perform Boucher and thus send Boucher to the waiver wire (and hopefully Utica). If Boucher isn't good enough to make our team, he isn't good enough to make most NHL teams.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Eriksson Sutter Gagner

DDDDDDD

leading candidates:

A. Boeser

B. Gaunce

C. Burmistrov

D. up for grabs

Nice post CC.  I know that Stecher (although arguably our next best Dman coming our of the pre-season) got sent to Utica last season, so I'm hoping you're right, and those who earn spots get them, regardless of waiver rules.  I see a 30 pound lighter, and more fit Jake making our team.

My opinion is that we should continue keeping assets and trading expendable players. Next year is not going to be a good one for Canucks so why not shelter young players for most of it. Send Boeser, Virtanen and Goldy down to Utica to start the year and give guys like Boucher and Rodin a couple months to prove they belong in the NHL. Send Juolevi to europe for a year as well unless one trades Hutton/Edler. Personally Id trade Baertschi as well. Don't see him being in our future. Let Holm start in Utica since he's waiver exempt as well.

Sedins-Granlund

Baer/Eriksson-Bo-Rodin

Gagner-Sutter-Boucher

Burmistrov-Gaunce-Dorsett

Edler/Juolevi-Tanev

Hutton-Guddy

Del Zotto-Stetcher

Wiercoch

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

I thought Boucher has to clear waivers?

it does not matter

the canucks have a number of players who will need to clear waivers

chaput, megna, boucher.. they may be hoping at least one or more gets scooped up by another team

i think the waivers issue is of minimal concern to the canucks this coming year. . they have way too many bodies as it is

On 7/26/2017 at 7:02 PM, Crabcakes said:

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Eriksson Sutter Gagner

DDDDDDD

leading candidates:

A. Boeser

B. Gaunce

C. Burmistrov

D. up for grabs

Easy. A couple cases of skin rash and press box seats. Done and done.

On 7/27/2017 at 9:59 AM, RetroCanuck said:

My opinion is that we should continue keeping assets and trading expendable players. Next year is not going to be a good one for Canucks so why not shelter young players for most of it. Send Boeser, Virtanen and Goldy down to Utica to start the year and give guys like Boucher and Rodin a couple months to prove they belong in the NHL. Send Juolevi to europe for a year as well unless one trades Hutton/Edler. Personally Id trade Baertschi as well. Don't see him being in our future. Let Holm start in Utica since he's waiver exempt as well.

Sedins-Granlund

Baer/Eriksson-Bo-Rodin

Gagner-Sutter-Boucher

Burmistrov-Gaunce-Dorsett

Edler/Juolevi-Tanev

Hutton-Guddy

Del Zotto-Stetcher

Wiercoch

Totally agree. This should be a year of proving and letting our youth develop, in a bid for an AHL championship. Let them continue the trend toward success and come up with lots of confidence, after, the dead weights been shed.

• 1 month later...

Another player who admits to being out of shape. Do they think Vancouver is a beer league team?

Funny how WD was vilified for not playing these lard asses at the time but how it all comes out in the end.

I hope he is in fact in top condition this season because it will allow us to find out if his lazy approach to playing the game,shown last season, was a fitness thing or as I suspect more of a mental aptitude problem.

• 2 weeks later...