The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duclair sent to the AHL..

ShakyWalton

What happened...was Domi so important to him last year..I really like this kid.....

Just before the Arizona Coyotes took on the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night, the team officially announced that it was reassigning forward Anthony Duclair to the Tucson Roadrunners of the American Hockey League. General Manager John Chayka had this to say about Duclair:

"Anthony is a good young player," said Chayka. "Unfortunately, he has struggled this season. We felt this was a good time to send him to Tucson to work on a few things and hopefully regain his scoring touch. We hope to have him rejoin our team soon."

Duclair has three goals and six assists in 41 games with the Coyotes this season, well below the 20 goal, 24 assist pace Duclair set last season in his first year with the Coyotes. Duclair is still a positive possession player relative to his teammates - he has a 47.2% 5v5 Corsi For Percentage this season, 1.2 percentage points better than the team average - but even those metrics are off of last season, when he was a 49.9% 5v5 Corsi For player, and 3.9 percentage points better than the team average.

Undoubtedly not helping matters for Duclair is the absence of Max Domi, whom Domi played almost 330 5v5 minutes with last season. Six of Duclair’s eleven even-strength goals last season came while Domi was on the ice.

You look as good as the day I met you I forget just why I left you, I was insane

Stay and play that Blink-182 song

That we beat to death in Tucson,

OK

haahahha, that's all I could think of when I saw Tucson.

On a serious note, this move shows that every player develops at their own pace (desperately hanging on to any hope I have left that Virtanen will figure it out :lol:)

2 minutes ago, MaxLapierreAwesomeFace said:

You look as good as the day I met you I forget just why I left you, I was insane

Stay and play that Blink-182 song

That we beat to death in Tucson,

OK

haahahha, that's all I could think of when I saw Tucson.

On a serious note, this move shows that every player develops at their own pace (desperately hanging on to any hope I have left that Virtanen will figure it out :lol:)

I hold a special kind of contempt for that song.

Archived