The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 100: 2000s: Henrik and Daniel Not on LIst?

gameburn2

3 hours ago, gameburn2 said:

Unless I am mistaken, the top 100 players of all time has a 2000 forward section.  Toewes is on the list...  e.g., why not Daniel and Henrik?  Will they be included later?  These are two of the most innovative, important players to come along.  Easily in the Jagr, Sundin class.  Maybe higher.   Are they being under-rated?  Again?

In the jagr class or higher??Are you facked?

Theyve been great for us but they honestly arnt in the top 100 ever and not even close to jagr.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Malkin was left off so you can't use cups as an arguement. 

Yes you can and thats why kane and toews are on and thornton / iginla are not. Alot of that list is on there because of multiple cups. I think malkin just got snubbed, probably because he playes behind crosby.

Wow really? They're good players but they're not in the same class as Crosby, Ovi, Kane, Malkin who should be on the list. Once they retire they will be on it or should be imo, but those players are still ahead of the Sedins. Toews I think could of been left off it for now, Thornton should of been there or Malkin. Keith also should of been left off for now he belongs there just not yet, still think Doughty is better then him.

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

If you learned more about these guys you might change you mind.  My grandfather's generating was full of guys who would eat today's men for lunch mining 14 hours a day six days a week.  Read Gretzky's book it would give you a little insight into how good the original stars were. 

Yea exactly.  $hit imagine playing in the NHL and going to WW2? Not happening in 2017. 

2017 is so soft. Half shields...don't even get me started.

7 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

Thornton might be a prick, but he and Malkin deserve to be there over a lot of players that made it. 

I agree, Eric Lindros doesn't deserve to be on the top 100 list. Was he dominant? yes a for a few seasons, but he doesn't have a cup, the numbers, the longevity, and was a total prick. Daniel and Henrik were much more deserving, and so are guys like Cam Neely, Malkin, even Joe Thornton should be in over Eric Lindros

5 hours ago, Conscience said:

In the jagr class or higher??Are you facked?

Theyve been great for us but they honestly arnt in the top 100 ever and not even close to jagr.

yeah Im not sure what the other guy was thinking. Henrik and Daniel SHOULD be on the top 100 compared to the other guys, but theyd be at the 80s at best. Jagr is at the very least Top 10

There are a handful of players in the list that hasn't won a cup, and also a handful that really shouldn't have been mentioned.

The Canucks are about to have two 1000 point players on the same team in the same era which isn't very common and you'd figure that they'd get mentioned.

1 minute ago, Creepy Crawler said:

There are a handful of players in the list that hasn't won a cup, and also a handful that really shouldn't have been mentioned.

The Canucks are about to have two 1000 point players on the same team in the same era which isn't very common and you'd figure that they'd get mentioned.

Sure it's unique but that doesn't necessarily mean they are in the top 100 ever, theres quite a few players with over a thousand points and many didnt make the list. Also no cups. And then of course there's goalies and dmen who you dont base soley on points.

13 hours ago, gameburn2 said:

Unless I am mistaken, the top 100 players of all time has a 2000 forward section.  Toewes is on the list...  e.g., why not Daniel and Henrik?  Will they be included later?  These are two of the most innovative, important players to come along.  Easily in the Jagr, Sundin class.  Maybe higher.   Are they being under-rated?  Again?

Maybe they should be on the list, but easily in the Jagr class?

That's a hard No

Figure it out. 

IMG_1610.JPG

59 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

I think that actually makes it less impressive. The Sedins have collected the majority of their respective points as a duo, one Sedin scores a goal and two Sedins get a point, and that's the way it's been most of the time..

I think also that because the Sedins started their careers relatively slow, then had a few really good years, and are finishing their careers slowly also contributed to them not being mentioned. Along with not having a very high profile in the playoffs and have only 4 major awards between the two of them and no cups, it's actually not that surprising they were left out. 

As for the Chicago three, as much as we're all supposed to hate them, they do have 10 major awards between them as well as 3 of the the last 7 cups in probably the hardest era in which to win a championship. Take any one of them out of the mix and Chicago might very well have no cups this decade. They deserved to be on the list.

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Agreed.  How did Brendan Shanahan end up on there?  He was a pretty good player, but top 100?

I'm fine the Sedin's didn't make the top 100.  Should be in the discussion but can understand they didn't make it.  Joe Thornton not making it is a pretty good parallel.

Why is Shanny on there?

You obviously never watched Shanny play in his prime.  1354 points,  2500 PIM'S, 1500 games played. 

More importantly, he transformed that winger position. He made "Power forward" a thing. Could score 40 goals and was one of the toughest guys in the league for years. 

That's how. 

Archived