The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6 dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque, police say

nuckin_futz

Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque, police say

2 suspects have been arrested, according to Quebec City police

CBC News Posted: Jan 29, 2017 9:25 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 29, 2017 9:50 PM ET

Quebec City Police say several people are dead after shots were fired at a Quebec City mosque. 

Multiple people are also feared wounded, according to CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada.

Their condition is not known at this time.

A number of ambulances are parked outside of the Islamic cultural centre of Quebec in the Sainte-Foy neighbourhood.

Two suspects have been arrested. 

A large perimeter has been set up around the mosque.

This June, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, a pig's head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.

More to come

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

Edit: Montreal Gazette is reporting 5 people are dead.

I live in Quebec city so I can tell you the news I got. Two masked gunmen entered the mosque at the end of the prayer and started shooting. One of them was shooting an AK47. At least two deads confirmed, but expect more. The police is holding two persons in custody. Can't believe this is happening here, such a peaceful city...

I can't, I just...I can't. At a mosque and during prayers. I can't. I'm Muslim, and I go to the mosque sometimes(not as much as I should, not as regularly as my mom and other family members), but I go the days its most important. This hits close to home, I'm honestly scared for my family and friends, and Muslim brother and sisters who go to Mosque's all across the world. 

RIP to all the victims. :(

2 minutes ago, Apricot said:

I can't, I just...I can't. At a mosque and during prayers. I can't. I'm Muslim, and I go to the mosque sometimes(not as much as I should, not as regularly as my mom and other family members), but I go the days its most important. This hits close to home, I'm honestly scared for my family and friends, and Muslim brother and sisters who go to Mosque's all across the world. 

RIP to all the victims. :(

Everyone needs to stay strong. Confront hate head on. 

WE  can NEVER late hate / terror win.

16 minutes ago, thepouet said:

I live in Quebec city so I can tell you the news I got. Two masked gunmen entered the mosque at the end of the prayer and started shooting. One of them was shooting an AK47. At least two deads confirmed, but expect more. The police is holding two persons in custody. Can't believe this is happening here, such a peaceful city...

Has this been confirmed?

I guess it doesn't really matter anyways.... those in power will be demanding more restrictions to legal firearms, even though an illegal one was probably used. 

6 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Has this been confirmed?

I guess it doesn't really matter anyways.... those in power will be demanding more restrictions to legal firearms, even though an illegal one was probably used. 

I hope so. Hopefully get rid of trophy hunting at the same time..... Many guns are just a useless part of our society.    Yah,  AK 47's are necessay.....  right ? 

Archived