The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He's a right-handed shot." - Desjardins, on why he uses Megna on PP unit #1

Yeah. I'm not unhappy with the result tonight but Willie has to be the most mind-bogglingly stupid coach in the NHL. Let him drive this season into the ground and then fire his ass.

4 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

I get it that we're in the middle of a "rebuild" so I'm expecting a sub-par / losing season, but PLEASE get Megna off of the first PP unit. It would make watching the games much more bearable.

I know he's not the sole issue of our PP woes, but there is no way an player of his caliber should be on either of the units especially when you have Sutter and Hansen sitting on the bench.

His presence on the first unit is actually more symbolic then meaningful.

It represents much of what is wrong with this team. There is no one else to put there. That's the sad thing.

Everyone is suggesting this guy or that guy, but in reality none of them can change the fact that our first unit throws the puck around the perimeter until the desperation pass through a sea of legs gets picked off and thrown down the ice. I've watched a lot of other teams this year and no one else runs their power play quite the way that we do.

If we had even an average power play.......

On the other hand, we'd just be setting ourselves up for playoff failure once again.

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Erikkson is on a pace for 30 points and there is $30M left on his cap hit. Let that sink in. 

:(

I pray to every religion every night that he does something to void his contract.

46 minutes ago, Mr.53 said:

Me. If the Sedins can get going, the rest of the team will start to fall in place. Right now, I'm thinking they could be best suited at something like Sedin - Sutter -Sedin off the 2nd or 3rd line.

I'm thinking it would be best if the Sedins retired at season's end.

10 minutes ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Hate to say it, but I'm glad we only got one point (I mean up in the standings) in the last two games. I was worried there for a minute or two that we might actually win both. All that would have done is stave off the inevitable. The "possibility" of limping into the playoffs and getting creamed four straight and in the process hanging onto players (at the trade deadline) that we will not resign and loose for nothing. If there was ever a definitive window for Benning to do his thing (NTC be damned) this is it. 5 days off leading up to the deadline. Only 1 point in the last two games, and LITTLE or NO chance of making the playoffs with this current roster and coach. LETS BE SELLERS JB! Come on! We know you can do it!

:)

Ever watch Curb Your Enthusiasm?.  We all feel like Larry David. Just trying to accomplish something simple. We know what needs to be done, but something strange happens every year, and nothing meaningful gets done.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Loui Eriksson's effort on the second Flyers goal was brutal.

You can't win with players that float on the backcheck.

How did we give this guy a NMC? Seriously? You pay a player market value you shouldn't have to include a No Movement.

+1 x 100000000000

His effort in all aspects of the game this season has been brutal.

Pre Subway Jared had more stamina then him.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Loui Eriksson's effort on the second Flyers goal was brutal.

You can't win with players that float on the backcheck.

How did we give this guy a NMC? Seriously? You pay a player market value you shouldn't have to included a No Movement.

He takes the "No Movement" clause too literally and practices it on the ice.

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Erikkson just needs the right line mates. Unfortunately none of them currently plays on the Canucks.

Vegas maybe?  

That's what disappoints me.

I thought he would be the type of player that made his linemates better.. :(

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nobody has confidence in this coach, who cares?

Guys had one foot out the door since last season. Why are we keeping a lame duck coach around?

It's bad for him and bad for the team.

Acquilini's are paying too many other coaches off at the moment. Their just trying to ride it out with Willie to save a few bucks.

Who knows maybe they'll give Mike Keenan a shout.

Archived