The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Sadly, I watched the game with hopes of physicality and desperation. Instead I saw a 0 - 4 PP and a 1 - 3 PK with very few hits other than from Tryamkin. You could tell the Flyers had fresh legs and a great forecheck. The Nucks just couldn't match the speed and grit. JB really needs to start changing team culture with more sandpaper and shots. Right now everyone is starting to pass-off instead of shooting and crashing. It's like the Twin have put the entire team in a trance. It also appears LE is on autoplay until the rebuild is done. What a brutal performance by him since Christmas.

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

One thing I notice this year compare to last is that they don't fold when they go down 3-0. That's encouraging to see. Also Bo getting his 40th point tonight, definitely going to shatter his record from last season. If we get Hischier or Patrick that would be awesome. Gaudette looks like he can be a 2C.

A 1-2-3 of:

Horvat

Hischier

Gaudette

It takes more than a year to turn things around.

We'd probably get vilardi

Then it would be 

Horvat 

Vilardi 

Gaudette 

But after a couple years 

_________  Vilardi boeser 

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen 

Granlund Gaudette Boucher 

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

One thing I notice this year compare to last is that they don't fold when they go down 3-0. That's encouraging to see. Also Bo getting his 40th point tonight, definitely going to shatter his record from last season. If we get Hischier or Patrick that would be awesome. Gaudette looks like he can be a 2C.

A 1-2-3 of:

Horvat

Hischier

Gaudette

It takes more than a year to turn things around.

Unfortunately that's a pipe dream.

Best we finish is 28th and we all know how that is likely to go. Especially with Vegas in there this year.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Unfortunately that's a pipe dream.

Best we finish is 28th and we all know how that is likely to go. Especially with Vegas in there this year.

I bet Jets fans said the same thing about getting Laine before the draft lottery.

I had the luxury to catch both games in person this weekend.

I convinced myself to give Eriksson a fresh start, and no matter how hard I tried..

I can't get over how much of a dud he is, only noticed him when he got absolutely rocked a couple times each game. 

I also noticed how as soon as he steps on the ice he has that hyperventilating zombie look on his face.

If only he did something impactful, accidentally run into someone, take a shot on net, go on a rush. Give us fans some

hope in him!!

That 36 million dollars would have been better off renovating the rink, especially with some new seats.

#IReallyDislikeEriksson

Hate to say it, but I'm glad we only got one point (I mean up in the standings) in the last two games. I was worried there for a minute or two that we might actually win both. All that would have done is stave off the inevitable. The "possibility" of limping into the playoffs and getting creamed four straight and in the process hanging onto players (at the trade deadline) that we will not resign and loose for nothing. If there was ever a definitive window for Benning to do his thing (NTC be damned) this is it. 5 days off leading up to the deadline. Only 1 point in the last two games, and LITTLE or NO chance of making the playoffs with this current roster and coach. LETS BE SELLERS JB! Come on! We know you can do it!

:)

I get it that we're in the middle of a "rebuild" so I'm expecting a sub-par / losing season, but PLEASE get Megna off of the first PP unit. It would make watching the games much more bearable.

I know he's not the sole issue of our PP woes, but there is no way an player of his caliber should be on either of the units especially when you have Sutter and Hansen sitting on the bench.

Just now, DeNiro said:

More chance of moving up than back at their position.

Not counting on on us moving up at 28th.

I said that because we are in the position where the Jets were last year, and a lot of teams this year suck so we'll see where the chips fall and go from there.

Bad thing about the 2017 draft is the team which finishes 28th gets screwed in the later rounds.

Unlike the 1st round where Vegas starts in 6th spot, Vegas picks in the 3rd spot no matter what in the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th, etc. rounds.

So if the Canucks finish 28th, and there is no movement, then the Canucks will pick 4th in the later rounds.

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

"Great teams can string wins together, and we're not one of those types of teams. Essentially we're golfing once the regular season is done, but we're going to stick to some tired script until then to try to convince any fans who are extremely delusional that we actually have a chance at the postseason." - Henrik

Stop it Blunt!!!! You're killing me. :lol:

1 minute ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Hate to say it, but I'm glad we only got one point in the last two games. I was worried there for a minute or two that we might actually win both. All that would have done is stave off the inevitable. The "possibility" of limping into the playoffs and getting creamed four straight and in the process hanging onto players (at the trade deadline) that we will not resign and loose for nothing. If there was ever a definitive window for Benning to do his thing (NTC be damned) this is it. 5 days off leading up to the deadline. Only 1 point in the last two games, and LITTLE or NO chance of making the playoffs with this current roster and coach. LETS BE SELLERS JB! Come on! We know you can do it!

:)

We won against the Flames tho.

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

I had the luxury to catch both games in person this weekend.

I convinced myself to give Eriksson a fresh start, and no matter how hard I tried..

I can't get over how much of a dud he is, only noticed him when he got absolutely rocked a couple times each game. 

I also noticed how as soon as he steps on the ice he has that hyperventilating zombie look on his face.

If only he did something impactful, accidentally run into someone, take a shot on net, go on a rush. Give us fans some

hope in him!!

That 36 million dollars would have been better off renovating the rink, especially with some new seats.

#IReallyDislikeEriksson

Erikkson is on a pace for 30 points and there is $30M left on his cap hit. Let that sink in. 

Archived