The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

I'm a right handed shot, put me in.  

This is the logic of our coach. Because a career AHLer is a right handed shot he deserves to be on the first unit. Forget about him being successful there or you know, earning it.

What does it matter if he's a right handed shot anyways, the powerplay never gets shots on net. It revolves around cycling around the outside until they either shoot wide from the point or right into the oppositions shin pads. 

It honestly baffles me that a coach could watch this on a nightly basis and not make any big changes.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He certainly wasn't the reason we didn't win." - Desjardins on Miller

Well...what else could he say after benching Marky in his scheduled start in favour of Miller.  Another quality "gut move" by Willie.  Right up there with the Megna brilliance.

If we did rebuild we wouldn't be that far off either depending on the picks and prospects we get back. Just do what Toronto did, maybe we can snag patrick or hischier and then next year maybe Rasmus dahlin. 

We have 2 top prospects 

LW HISCHIER BOESER 

BAERSTCHI HORVAT VIRTANEN

GRANLUND GAUDETTE BOUCHER 

PROSPECTS WE RECIEVE IN TRADES

DAHLIN TRYAMKIN 

JUOLEVI STECHER 

HUTTON GUDBRANSON 

MARKY

2 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

All in favor of a rebuild say I 

But, but, we are rebuilding.

you don't need to pick 1st to get franchise players.

do you even know the chances of a late pick?

#winningenvironment

1 minute ago, orcasgonewild said:

If we did rebuild we wouldn't be that far off either depending on the picks and prospects we get back. Just do what Toronto did, maybe we can snag patrick or hischier and then next year maybe Rasmus dahlin. 

We have 2 top prospects 

LW HISCHIER BOESER 

BAERSTCHI HORVAT VIRTANEN

GRANLUND GAUDETTE BOUCHER 

PROSPECTS WE RECIEVE IN TRADES

DAHLIN TRYAMKIN 

JUOLEVI STECHER 

HUTTON GUDBRANSON 

MARKY

I think that Gabriel Vilardi kid will surprise. 

Wasnt he projected as a hockey prodigy when he was a kid? 

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Coach doesn't have confidence in Markstrom . 

Nobody has confidence in this coach, who cares?

Guys had one foot out the door since last season. Why are we keeping a lame duck coach around?

It's bad for him and bad for the team.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

When you go to the press and try to correlate irrelevant past history for an excuse for a loss you are delusional 

guess in your mind we should lock Willie up to a long term contract and bring back Vey?

Nope. I think Willie should play out his remaining year then move on. The players like him and he has done a commendable job attempting to ice a competitive line up regardless of the talent he currently has. He has also done a great job in working with many of the young players we have entering the league. Horvat, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Granny, Baer, Hutton ect have all blossomed under Uncle Willie. That being said, he also makes many questionable decisions that I don't agree with. Fact of the matter is unless a perfect candidate is around to replace him, we aren't winning a cup in the next 2 seasons. So what's the rush on firing a man for things out of his control. 

In regards to Vey, what the sweet hell does that have to do with anything? He was a player who had a ton of potential and didn't pan out. He has nothing to do with this game,  this conversation, or me. Is that how the uneducated try to make arguments, by flying off on random tangents? Let's give it a shot. You're wrong, because I bet you have un-attractive facial features and smell less then ideal. Did I nail it? I feel like I nailed it. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is the logic of our coach. Because a career AHLer is a right handed shot he deserves to be on the first unit. Forget about him being successful there or you know, earning it.

What does it matter if he's a right handed shot anyways, the powerplay never gets shots on net. It revolves around cycling around the outside until they either shoot wide from the point or right into the oppositions shin pads. 

It honestly baffles me that a coach could watch this on a nightly basis and not make any big changes.

This is the idiosyncratic behaviour of WD. Some players get benched and get 8 minutes a game and random guys get PP time and lots of ice time. weird. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Linden is also too nice to make tough decisions.

Need more people in charge with some cojones.

Their "cojones"have to be  on display at the trade dealine, not in the hands of our vetrans 

So far , they have been used in the pre game soccor warm up 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This is the idiosyncratic behaviour of WD. Some players get benched and get 8 minutes a game and random guys get PP time and lots of ice time. weird. 

I don't know if this is his method of motivation or what. 

Take some plug and give him prime minutes to frustrate the other players to play harder? Either way it ain't working.

You know what...???  I'm good with it.

The team is playing hard... our best young guys are playing well, we're losing by a single goal, the games are competitive.

And we're likely to draft well. 

So what's the problem?

Only thing I don't like is WD's continued unwillingness to make meaningful line changes... ie. try splitting up the Sedins, try Hansen with the Sedins, etc.

If he's going to stick with two Sedins on a line... why isn't he going with Hansen as the linemate???

What does he need to understand?  Last season Daniel had 28 goals and Hansen had 22... how is this fact missing from WD's calculations???

The good news is I can't imagine him being kept on as coach next year.

One thing I notice this year compare to last is that they don't fold when they go down 3-0. That's encouraging to see. Also Bo getting his 40th point tonight, definitely going to shatter his record from last season. If we get Hischier or Patrick that would be awesome. Gaudette looks like he can be a 2C.

A 1-2-3 of:

Horvat

Hischier

Gaudette

It takes more than a year to turn things around.

Archived