The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Mr.53 said:

Me. If the Sedins can get going, the rest of the team will start to fall in place. Right now, I'm thinking they could be best suited at something like Sedin - Sutter -Sedin off the 2nd or 3rd line.

If the Sedins "get going" then that only solves issues with one line. That's it. And they're not going to magically get going now. It's done. 

They are second or third line players now. 

17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Great teams can string wins together and we've been having trouble with that. But we're still in this, we're not far out." - Henrik

Nutty as a fruit cake our Hank is.

Just think, if JB buys that crap, we could head into next year with basically the same line up that we saw tonight.  Of course, next year will be different and we will be a competitive team fighting for meaningful games in March.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Idiot Willie blaming the schedule 

"second game back is always the worse" are you serious? 

Yes, he is serious. The second game in a back to back is the harder of the two games to play. There for, what he said is utterly correct. Let me give you another example of how that word works; 

As a poster on these boards you are simply the worst. 

Meaning compared to other posters, you are not as good. I judge this on the last page alone you plaster troll post after troll post. Go outside and take a breather. 

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It's amazing that after 3 years of it being in steady decline and the coach doing nothing, WD still has a job.  The difference between this team being where it is and in a playoff position is likely the PP.  If JB is serious about having a competitive team, that fact alone should cost WD his job.   

WD is gone as soon as the season is done. 

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Face it Jake is a bust. He is even failing at the AHL level.,.. getting outplayed by guys like Grenier, Valk, Archibald. 

You are delusional if you feel we made the right choice over Ehlers or Nylander 

pretty sure you are the one that is "unaware" 

man stfu 

can u go back in time and draft ehlers or nylander 

NO

so suck it up and move along "supporting players/prospects we have on this team"

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

How is it Megan's fault? And AHLer/4th liner constantly asked to play waaaaaay above his capabilities.

I have no issue with the level of compete the Canucks showed in the third. This wasn't a desire/heart issue, it was a talent issue. 

U just summed up megna on the first powerplay unit 

Two of our next three games are against SJS. We are in 26th place. We are not a playoff team.

Linden and Benning need to focus on the future. Let's hope anyway. Any of the fans who think there is enough talent to be a contender (or playoff team)are in for a rude awaking. Next year will be worse!

We're essentially 5 points out from the playoffs.

Even if Calgary and Nashville or Winnipeg and LA chug along the rest of the way at 6-3-1 pace, that'll give them roughly around 26 more points for the rest of the season. We'll need about 30-32 points to make the playoffs at that rate. Sure one of those 4 teams will go on a real hot run but it's unlikely two teams will do better than a 6-3-1 pace.

If we need say 32 points from here on to make the playoffs, we'll have to play essentially 15-5-2 hockey. Unlikely. Break that down to two stints of 7-2-2 and maybe we can do it, but that's pretty tough considering our competition.

Doesn't look good for the Canucks but we've seen what this team can do, and maybe exactly what an old tired core needs is a week off to brace themselves for a sprint to the finish line. Crazier things have happened, it is possible. If the PP gets going and the Sedins, Edler, Miller and Eriksson get enough rest to play their best hockey of the season in the final 20 games, then we'll make the playoffs. We're playing against very good but not desperate teams.

I believe if we make the playoffs, we'll make some noise, if we don't we'll fade pretty quickly. Lets hope they take it right down to the wire. Blow the high pick, playing in important situations and games is more important for the development of this young core.

4 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

U are delusional and obviously know nothing about hockey

I'll write it in big words for u 

VIRTANEN IS PLAYING WITH CASSELS AND KUNYK IN THE AHL

GRENIER VALK AND ARCHIBALD ARE ALL ON THE 1ST LINE

ONLY MCDAVID COULD PRODUCE WITH THOSE TURDS 

POWER FORWARS TAKE TILL 22-24 TO MATURE. UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT DONT POST

VIRTANEN WITH THE CANUCKS PLAYED ONLY 6-10 MINUTES WITH 4TH LINERS.

DONT U DARE BRING UP HORVAT BECAUSE CENTRES CAN DRIVE PLAY. WINGERS LIKE VIRTANEN NEED GOOD CENTRES.

HORVAT PLAYED WITH HANSEN AND BURROWS OR DORSETT ON GHE 4TH LINE. VIRTANEN NEVER PLAYED WITH THAT TALENT

VIRTANEN IS WORKING HARD AND HAS ALL THE SKILL TO GET WHERE HE NEEDS TO BE 

Thanks 

Instead of your rose coloured opinion shall we stick to the facts? 

Fact - bust in 2 Canucks training camps

Fact - bust in the 2016 world juniors (where he was NOT surrounded by turds) in fact he was the turd with his selfish penalties and terrible play

Fact - bust in the NHL games he has played

fact - -8 and 11 points in 40 games in the AHL

shall we compare all that to Nylander or Ehlers?

i guess I should cut you some slack given you clearly have never played the game at any level not to mention you are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent 

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

How is it Megan's fault? And AHLer/4th liner constantly asked to play waaaaaay above his capabilities.

I have no issue with the level of compete the Canucks showed in the third. This wasn't a desire/heart issue, it was a talent issue. 

Megna would be insane not to take the plum assignments that WD gives him. Can't blame the guy for making the most of a situation. 

Archived